It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk shaped UFO over UK, Feb. 2012, analyzed & enhanced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

So what do people think? Blimp? UFO?

I myself think its a blimp, but i posted this with the title of the youtube link I got it from so Im not purporting it as real.

REMINDER TO EVERYONE!!

Do not just post a video with no summary. Not everyone can watch a video! This is becoming a bad habit in this forum. It is against T&C! Threads are going to be trashed if it keeps up!

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on February 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nice video , and the people filming it seem to be for real , however the lights and the slow movement points to it being a blimp.
Also there is this in the u tube comments:

@ufostore1 Don't need to mate. The Goodyear blimp is based in Upminster, about 10 miles from where the video was shot. This is it, shot on phone cam through glass at night. Out of interest, did you ask the original uploader any questions, do any research before you started trying to make cash from their video? Do they even know you have uploaded your own 'enhancement' of it? lazernation 4 hours ago

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The aviation lights are a dead give away too .
My opinion is it's a blimp !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think it's a blimp too. Just doesn't seem real. Why was it spliced into three vids with different focus? And why was there music added?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm no video analyst but the lighting looks all wrong, cgi?

The music was great though, added to the credibility...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Yah, the zoom vid gives just enough grainy, fuzzy detail to make it evident. I see a bottom nav. beacon. And a tail as well.

Sorry about that. Sort of.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As it remains still the entire video, we should be reminded that many people like to fake ufos using lights inside balloons! Too bad people waste their time on this when they could be building them. The data, all you need is right at your fingertips and you just need to type in the right words. Small ufo for 1 man cost almost nothing to build once you know all the tricks.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Did any of you people watch it in HD? and full screen. ?
Ive seen many blimps, and many at night, and never seen a blimp like this. lol

Not saying it's an "alien spaceship" by any means..
But it sure isn't "normal".

Whatever, I think it's a rather decent video,
Much more decent than most of the "UFO" crap that's been posted here recently (and not soo recently) lol

I find it interesting, and have not seen anything like it.

So hate on, haters. Keep pretending like you know all these things and can tell what everything is. lol
Just talk your 'ish' , you're "soo good" at.

Doesn't matter.

OP, thanks for the post.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's the Goodyear blimp. You can see the strobe light on the top and the bottom exactly like a blimp.

Take a look at this video:

edit on 9-2-2012 by is0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Did any of you people watch it in HD? and full screen. ?
Ive seen many blimps, and many at night, and never seen a blimp like this. lol

Not saying it's an "alien spaceship" by any means..
But it sure isn't "normal".

Whatever, I think it's a rather decent video,
Much more decent than most of the "UFO" crap that's been posted here recently (and not soo recently) lol

I find it interesting, and have not seen anything like it.

So hate on, haters. Keep pretending like you know all these things and can tell what everything is. lol
Just talk your 'ish' , you're "soo good" at.

Doesn't matter.

OP, thanks for the post.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

OK it looks pretty.

But honestly, It's an airship/blimp. I'd say almost certainly the Goodyear blimp because it spends a lot of time in Upminster area. If I'm wrong, I will take my medicine but truly, look at the bloody thing! Airship/blimp with very standard lighting. I'm not even an alien disbeliever. This is just so bloody obviously not alien.

Have a goodun.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let me stop anyone from wasting any brain cells trying to even bother "analyzing" the video itself. One doesn't need ANY video knowledge to IMEDIATYLY dismiss this complete and utter TRIPE.

If it doesn't pass the common sense, reason and logic test, then it isn't even worth looking into further. The more people that employ this method the less demand for idiotic videos like this there will be. Eventually the signal to noise ratio will change and we can get somewhere.

The "youtube superstar" wannabe who made this moronic video depends on “useful idiots” to propagate it. Heck, he might be a “useful idiot” himself, lacking the intelligence and knowledge to understand what he is seeing is nothing to scream UFO at. But then again, he has a youtube channel to maintain, and views to get.

Every single time stuff like this is posted, it only diminishes the forward progress of the community as a whole.

I long for the day when even the least educated among us can employ basic thinking to IMMEDITALY dismiss these videos.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say how I can instantly dismiss such a video without bothering to employ my knowledge of video itself. Any guesses? Think about it. I could give a man a fish, but teaching him to fish is a much better thing for this community.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Let me stop anyone from wasting any brain cells trying to even bother "analyzing" the video itself. One doesn't need ANY video knowledge to IMEDIATYLY dismiss this complete and utter TRIPE.

If it doesn't pass the common sense, reason and logic test, then it isn't even worth looking into further. The more people that employ this method the less demand for idiotic videos like this there will be. Eventually the signal to noise ratio will change and we can get somewhere.

The "youtube superstar" wannabe who made this moronic video depends on “useful idiots” to propagate it. Heck, he might be a “useful idiot” himself, lacking the intelligence and knowledge to understand what he is seeing is nothing to scream UFO at. But then again, he has a youtube channel to maintain, and views to get.

Every single time stuff like this is posted, it only diminishes the forward progress of the community as a whole.

I long for the day when even the least educated among us can employ basic thinking to IMMEDITALY dismiss these videos.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say how I can instantly dismiss such a video without bothering to employ my knowledge of video itself. Any guesses? Think about it. I could give a man a fish, but teaching him to fish is a much better thing for this community.

Well thanks for calling myself and others who gave it more than two seconds an idiot. Civility and decorum thrown out the window huh? I for one don't care if his measly youtube channel gets more hits. How does that effect my life? I saw something I was 90% sure was a hoax, but brought it here to confirm. Didn't bring it here to be called an idiot. So save your, I'm smarter than everyone, drivel for people willing to go down to your level.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Well thanks for calling myself and others who gave it more than two seconds an idiot.

I am sorry you lack the understanding and basic reading comprehension to see that I didn't call anyone an actual idiot. I used the term "useful idiot" to describe people who have a certain level of ignorance that allows then to be used by other people without their knowledge. Seriously, google it. It is a real term, and a real thing. We are all "useful idiots" in one way or another, myself included. A "useful idiot" is not actually an idiot, but they are ignorant to the point where they can be used without knowing it. And no, ignorant is not calling someone an idiot. Ignorant is simply a lack of knowledge. It can be either willful or through other reasons, but it is not an isult.

Civility and decorum thrown out the window huh?

Pointing out reality is the most civil thing I can do. For those that get angry at me for doing so, I feel sorry for them as I know they are being used.

Didn't bring it here to be called an idiot. So save your, I'm smarter than everyone, drivel for people willing to go down to your level.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Perhaps you should re-read what I posted a couple of times and realize it wasn't an insult. Sure, I used the words "moronic" and "useful idiot", and I know those that are easily startled (like yourself) pick up on these words and immediately get their feathers ruffled, then take them out of context and go crying that I am insulting them, but it's not my fault you don't have the comprehension to properly understand what I posted.

Just yesterday I was "tore up" in a science forum for a thread I posted. Instead of crying about it, I read more into and quickly realized that I was one of the very "useless idiots" I bitch about in this subject. Did I get all bent out of shape with the few folks who have the balls to tell me reality? Nope, I deserved their ire, and I am a better person for it. You might want to try it sometime.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

REMINDER TO EVERYONE

Drop the attacks against other members. It is not only OFF TOPIC but it violates ATS rules of CIVILITY & DECORUMl.

Stick to the topic ONLY.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well thanks for calling myself and others who gave it more than two seconds an idiot. Civility and decorum thrown out the window huh?

There are plenty of cases that deserve attention. The YouTube ones however, normally don't. Things that should accompany a video are time, date, location, and anything surrounding the event that would be useful.

People who really want to get an unexplained event out there so they can figure out what it is, do this.

YouTube people on the other hand, put music and cut scenes into their videos. They are looking for hits on their channels.

Posted before I saw the mod message.

=/
edit on 9-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I've never seen a UFO-shaped blimp but I don't think that a UFO needs navigational lights or strobes. But human craft do.

top topics

join