page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by mahoosta

I dont care if the dude was blue.

There are 500 plus verses in the Bible dealing with marriage.

The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.

Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

If the dude is blue , and the chick is white , black , yellow , or whatever ... as long as it is between a Human Male and Female , then it is a Marriage.
edit on 9-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Yes, but you see, years ago, there were plenty of religious objections to interracial marriage. People said that God created different races of people on different continents, therefore He meant them to stay separate. We were going against God by mixing the races.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

People can say all they want. If it isnt in the Bible. Then it isnt part of God's word , then we dont know. Therefore you arnt held accountable if God didnt state it in the Bible.

So marry whatever color you want to marry.

I am not a fan of differing racial marriage , not because they arnt good people , it is SIMPLY my OPINION. I will not express this opinion to you, simply because i dont have a basis for it. I just dont like it. Its my opinion , and i am not going to force it on any one. I just wont do it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I hate repeating myself, but when are gay-marriage advocates going to realize that there are no valid argument against gay marriage? Seriously, this entire opposition against gay marriage is stupid and childish. When gay marriage becomes legalized it's not going to affect anyone other than gay people who want to get married. I wish America would be more evolved in dealing with this issue.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

People can say all they want. If it isnt in the Bible. Then it isnt part of God's word , then we dont know. Therefore you arnt held accountable if God didnt state it in the Bible.

So marry whatever color you want to marry.

I am not a fan of differing racial marriage , not because they arnt good people , it is SIMPLY my OPINION. I will not express this opinion to you, simply because i dont have a basis for it. I just dont like it. Its my opinion , and i am not going to force it on any one. I just wont do it.

But there are lots of things in the Bible that no one pays attention to anymore. We don't stone people for committing adultery. We no longer allow slavery. We don't have laws against masturbation. There are many more examples.

And the fact that you are against interracial marriages tells me a lot about you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This whole equal rights but don't call it marriage thing, it's silly step-stones - no different to white/black lavatories and bus seats.

These dinosaurs will soon be extinct, they know that, that's why they're shouting louder now than ever before. If only they would release the security blanket of fear from their tight grip and realise they have nothing to be scared of, and will lose nothing.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Then it shouldnt. I have a lot of opinions that i ignore , and use. Related to my God , and not related. If you have an opinion of me because i told you i do not agree with interracial marriage. Then i do not think you have spent very long studying people or had many psychology classes.

Many people have weird taboos - even the nicest ones.

PS: I have class work to catch up on. You kids have fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaox

...straight couples have been destroying the sanctity of marriage long before any gay couple has had a chance to.

Has anyone really thought about what exactly marriage benefits in the context of our modern society?

People have tried to explain it to me, but I still really don't get it.

Anyways, there is no logical reason gay marriage was banned. The US is full of contradictions. Just because something is tradition certainly doesn't mean it makes sense.

Tax reasons...legal reasons...Making Life or Death decisions for your partner if they're seriously ill or on their death bed....etc. Not being officially recognized as ones spouse can cause problems if other family members are fighting over inheritance....Not to mention the simple 'Human Dignity' of being officially recognized by law as being married. There's plenty of legitimate reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice pun

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

If you're not anti-gay, then why haggle over terminology? So, let's see if we can find an equivalent... and appeal to you with your own chain of logic;
Straight = Automobile / Gay = Car.......you both have a right to drive, but if you're gay, you're not allowed to call it an automobile. Automobiles are for straight people only. Only gays have cars. And, by the way, your state may issue a driver's license to you, but, if you go to the next state over, you're not a licensed driver any longer, AND, even though you can drive in your home state, the Federal Government doesn't recognize you as a licensed driver at all. ( Even though you may be driving on a Federally-funded highway! ).
Makes total sense, huh?

Only the conservatives and the religious wingnuts want to actively discriminate with language and innuendo.
Anyone should have the basic Civil Right to get married. Religious wingnuts do not have an inherent Right to, let's say, "shove their religion in my face.", or do they? I suppose if gay people indulge in PDA's that they're "shoving it in your face", correct? That's right, keep your BIBLICALLY - Unauthorized Love indoors, where no one can see it. All of those straight people ( and don't forget the kids- those innocent, doe-eyed, already pre-determined STRAIGHT kids ), might get contaminated! I mean being gay is like radioactivity, correct? Get anywhere near it, and the next thing you know, you're........well, you get the picture.
Perhaps we should go back 50 years, and say, "let's keep them equal, but separate."
edit on 9-2-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-2-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typos
edit on 9-2-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added content
edit on 9-2-2012 by moonzoo7 because: more content
edit on 9-2-2012 by moonzoo7 because: finding better ways to say it

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by xmaox

...straight couples have been destroying the sanctity of marriage long before any gay couple has had a chance to.

Has anyone really thought about what exactly marriage benefits in the context of our modern society?

People have tried to explain it to me, but I still really don't get it.

Anyways, there is no logical reason gay marriage was banned. The US is full of contradictions. Just because something is tradition certainly doesn't mean it makes sense.

Tax reasons...legal reasons...Making Life or Death decisions for your partner if they're seriously ill or on their death bed....etc. Not being officially recognized as ones spouse can cause problems if other family members are fighting over inheritance....Not to mention the simple 'Human Dignity' of being officially recognized by law as being married. There's plenty of legitimate reasons.

The institute of marriage huh? Why do they call it that? Because your being institutionalized?

I goodled "The Legal Rights of Married Couples" and got this: www.nolo.com...

I then Googled The Spritual Rights of Married Couples" and got this: en.wikipedia.org...

Virtually nothing. Note what it says right under the bullet list.

On a personal level a marraige is a business transaction. On a business level it's an enterprise. It's a specific economy all to itself. How can a person come to any other conclusion after looking at the facts? Notice how most if not all of the things listed in the Nolo article have to do with saving money. That's the driving force of a marriage? Saving money? This is what gay people got so worked up over? I'm not a formally eductaed man. I did however spend MANY years on the street level of a major metro area here in the U.S., driving and owning cabs mainly, and living like that gives you an insight into people that a formal eductaion, or even a "normal" sheltered life, just can't give you. And of all the things I learned, one is that there seems to be a bigger number of successful, rich gay people than successful and rich straight people who are single. This is just what I saw after meeting thousands of people for a short period of time. I don't know if it's an overall fact. But based on that I'd have to say that all these gay people fighting tooth and nail to make marriage legal were a bunch of idiots. Kinda seems to me that you can save more money by being single than you can by being married.

"But what about the religious aspect of it?" one might ask. What about it? You have to believe that religion is actually relevant to believe a religious ceremony like marraige is relevant as well. And to the people who say that marriage predates religion. I'm sure it does and you're probably helping me prove my point. Long story short: Marriage is an out of date belief system whose time as come and I don't care if you're stright or gay.

I know I'm being kind of anal, cynical even, about this these days but that's why I think about the only thing more redundant than a traditional marriage is a gay marriage. If you love someone, do yourself a favor and don't marry them. Marriage has nothing to do with love, it only gets in the way and impedes the progress of love. It doesn't stop it altogether, but it slows it down, and there's got to be better ways of saving money than THAT.

This goes out to all the married people going through a divorce or seperation. Stepping back out into the ordinary world can be a bit of a shock.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well considering that 50% or so of heterosexual couples get divorced, this is no surprise, although I'd think the divorce rate would be higher than 1 in 14. So does that indicate that a homosexual marriage is more likely to last than a hetero one?
edit on 9-2-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My parents were together for 10 years and had two children, yet they never officially married. Kim Kardashian was married for 72 days and MADE millions off of her wedding. Kim Kardashian is recognized as having been officially "married", yet my parents were never recognized as an official "family." Marriage is only a word.

The sanctity of marriage is ruined every day by people like her^, not Gay people. People act as if the word "Marriage" is so sacred, and has not already been defiled. Look around yourselves and hopefully you can realize a homosexual man being "married" would not have an iota of an effect on you. Live and Let Live.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Hiya crazy. Just wondering that since marriage has been around longer than christianity, would it be better to allow everyone who want's to be married to call it that and if the religious types chose they can call theirs 'holy matrimony'? as I have seen posted by another member but completely ignored by you?

And you still have no answered the member 'Intrepid's' question on your views on owning slaves and why you dont own any. Bible says it's ok. Just answer the question. Don't derail. Answer. Just answer the question, why do you think you should be able to own slaves? It's in the bible.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If couples are so dumb as to throw $20,000 down the drain to display their love & commitment for someone via a legally binding contract then let them do it. Yes even the gays, if they are that stupid too by all means let them have the same rights as a stupid straight couple and let them get married.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So you believe gays should have the same rights as everyone else, you just don't like the fact they want to obscure the word "marriage"?

I got news for you bro, we're obscuring the English language every day. If you're mad about "marriage", be pissed about bad:

I find that only the people who say "i'm not homophobic" are actually homophobic. This isn't about a word it's about some people's necessity to control other's lives, especially those they don't understand. Telling gays "you can't call it 'marriage' but we'll give you equal rights" is like telling the blacks "you can drink from our water fountains but we're still gonna call you ''n-word''". It is simply an attempt to keep a group of people at a lower social class.

I find it disgusting that we're even still talking about this issue. I'm not gay, I've never even personally known a gay person, yet I can tell you I don't give half a crap about what they call their relationships. The fact of the matter is they're humans and should be treated equally.
edit on 9-2-2012 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-2-2012 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Hiya crazy?!

This is what I'm talking about. Has this person been at all disrespectful?! No. Grow the hell up and quit with the childish name calling.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

Why should I be respectful to someone who assumes I am less than them?

If you do not show respect for me, it is not reciprocated and yet you still expect and demand it and think I'm rude for not extending it.

Duhh. Probably because you believe in a sky god and have false some sense of entitlement.

EDIT: Why did you not attempt to answer what was posed to the member, if you felt so strongly about my words? Wouldn't that have been smart?

edit on 9-2-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
The sanctity of marriage is ruined every day by people like her, not Gay people. People act as if the word "Marriage" is so sacred, and has not already been defiled. Look around yourselves and hopefully you can realize a homosexual man being "married" would not have an iota of an effect on you. Live and Let Live.

The sanctity of marriage is such a crap argument.

Ever read the history of marriage? It is NOT a pretty picture. Women were property - - bought/sold/bartered for various reasons.

If you look at some of the mideast - - you get a picture of what marriage used to be for all women.

Even in my own lifetime - - women here in America had very little rights in a marriage.

Sanctity my Butt!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
I really don't care what you do behind closed doors as long as you keep it there. But when you want to try to shove it in my face is when I say , no that's not OK.

No one is shoving anything in your face you just find gay marriage a threat

Exactly.

I'm much more concerned with homophobes, like the OP, shoving their views in my face.

Educate yourself, enlighten yourself and get a little life experience. Homophobic bigots are generally lacking in one of these areas. More than anything, they genuinely can't see their own bigotry and how the rest of the world perceives them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by IanPaul

Why should I be respectful to someone who assume I am less than them?

If you do not show respect for me, it is not reciprocated and yet you still expect it and call think I'm rude for not extending it.

Duhh. Probably because you believe in jebus and have false some sense of entitlement.

Where has he said he thinks he is more than you? Can you quote him saying it?! Look I can call you crazy for having your viewpoints but that gets the conversation no where. Respect is being shown by honesty... Wouldn't it be disrespectful for someone to lie just to appease someone else? I believe so. Anyone can call you crazy for any of your beliefs but to what benefit? I think calling names puts you above someone else... Kind of hypocritical dontchya think?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join