"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by intrepid

Do i not have the right to my religious beliefs?

Antiquated thinking. Shouldn't gay American taxpayers have the same rights you do? Get past yourself. They should have the same rights you do. It's going to happen, get used to the idea.
edit on 9-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

They do have the exact same rights i do. The definition of MARRIAGE tradition should NOT be changed to include a NON traditional definition that has effects on the religious beliefs of others.

The government is promoting that Yahweh and Jesus Christ support same-sex marriage , but calling it marriage. Marriage is before God. Yahweh , the christian God , does NOT allow same-sex marriage.

Domestic Partnerships and or Civil Unions , gives you the SAME exact right we have , but with a definition suited toward same sex marriage.

Your rights are in NO way being held back , by giving you an official government word such as Civil Unions with the exact SAME benefits of man and woman marriages.
edit on 9-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They do have the exact same rights i do. The definition of MARRIAGE tradition should NOT be changed to include a NON traditional definition that has effects on the religious beliefs of others.

Same-Sex marriage.

Domestic Partnerships and or Civil Unions , gives you the SAME exact right we have , but with a definition suited toward same sex marriage.

Do you own slaves? If not why not?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Is same-sex marriage slavery?

Yahweh , will always love both people involved in same-sex marriage , but again , the sin they live in is what he hates - not the people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Is same-sex marriage slavery?

2nd

You didn't answer my question.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You did not answer my question in all honesty. The reason why , is because slavery has nothing to do with Yahweh , the Christian belief and marriage.

I will not answer your question to change the topic of this discussion in which you are trying to do.

-------------

Now if you will excuse me , im going to go buy some new camping gear to go with my setup.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You did not answer my question in all honesty. The reason why , is because slavery has nothing to do with Yahweh , the Christian belief and marriage.

Are you joking? Slavery and indentured servitude is ALL through the bible.

I will not answer your question to change the topic of this discussion in which you are trying to do.

So what you are saying is that you are unwilling to examine the fact that this might be wrong. No prob. The reader will make their own decision.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The New Testament teaching is principally the same as that of the Old Testament. Slaves should be granted all the privileges of other members of the family because a slave is a member of the household of God. A slave should be obedient to his master in order to bring glory and honor to the Lord. The Bible teaches something much more important in human relationships than mere economic systems. It teaches that no matter what system we live under, all humans MUST be considers as members of ONE family and treated as if we were all ONE family, for all will one day answer to the LORD of lords and KING of kings.

It must be pointed out that from our vantage point in economic history it is easy to pass judgment. There simply was no means of livelihood for a free man who had neither land nor capital in ancient times. Slavery was an economic system. It must also be pointed out that slaves in New Testament times were at least as well off as his free counterpart.

In the History of the United States, I believe we can confidently say that when men began to apply Christianity to the treatment of one another slavery disappeared. Even in America slavery was an "economic system" originally. This is illustrated by the fact that when slaves were set free in the American South the Northern industrialists turned to Europe for labor immediately after the Civil War and left many ex-slaves in worse circumstances than they were before emancipation.

Must i give you a Bible lesson? The rights of slaves , are NOT affiliated with marriage ... i am having a very hard time , and am dumbfounded how you made a correlation with the rights of slaves to marriage and civil union rights / word usage.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The government is promoting that Yahweh and Jesus Christ support same-sex marriage , but calling it marriage. Marriage is before God. Yahweh , the christian God , does NOT allow same-sex marriage.

Your rights are in NO way being held back , by giving you an official government word such as Civil Unions with the exact SAME benefits of man and woman marriages.

And your rights are in no way being held back, if gay marriage is called "marriage". You can still have your Christian beliefs, you can still marry your opposite sex lover, you can still worship as you please.

This is a country of many religions. Atheists have no problem getting a marriage license even though they don't follow any of the Christian (or any other religious) beliefs.

As Mildred Loving (she was the black woman whose marriage to a white man went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court) said:

"Government has no business imposing some peoples' religious beliefs over others."

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and marriage was around long before the Christian religion, so it's not a Christian thing.
edit on 9-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Hi Milky -

You wrote : QUOTE

"The Christian god Yahweh lets you know blantly that he is NOT a fan of gay couples. Not because he doesn't still and will always love both of them , but because of the sin they are living in every second of their lives. Though we all sin constantly , this is what Bible scholars would call a Saturation Sin where it affects every nano second of your life..."

UNQUOTE

So,...riddle me this...if DAVID (son of Jesse) was according to the 'bible' a 'man after YHWH's own heart' (that is...according to the priests who placed paleoHebrew words into the mouth of Shem'uel in 1 Sam 13:13-14 - purportedly the prophet-priest of YHWH at the cult of YHWH in Shiloah - and in the mangled Greek version espoused by the author of the 3rd canonical Greek Gospel ('according to Luke') who also wrote Acts - see Acts 13:16-22 -

"...behold, says YHWH, I have found David, son of Jesse, to be a MAN OF MY OWN HEART..who shall perform my own Will exactly...."

[also cf: 1 Sam 13:13-14 : You have done a foolish thing,” Samuel said. “You have not kept the command your clan god YHWH has give you and if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for ever But now your kingdom will not endure; YHWH has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept YHWH's command...]

then...how can this self-same David son of Jesse bee the same one who was 'carnally lying' with his boy toy Prince Jonathan, a man to whom he wrote a Love Paean after the latter's death (See 2 Sam chapter 1)

Also see the paleo Hebrew text of 1 Sam 20:17

[And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of his great love for him, because he loved him even as he loved himself...]

And also 1 Sam 20:30 - where Saul the King chides his son Jonathan with the most outrageous accusations of homosexual conduct:

"Then Saul’s anger burned against Jonathan his son and he said to him, “You son of a Perverse &Rebellious Female !! Do you think that I do NOT know that you have CHOSEN TO MARRY that Son of Jesse to the Sexual Confusion of your mother's Nakedness and to your own gross Sexual Confusion? For lo, as long as this son of Jesse lives upon the ground, neither you nor your kingdom will be firmly established. Now send someone to bring him to me, for as I live, the son of Jesse shall surely die !”

The idea of the 'perverse and rebellious female' refers to a woman who assumes the dominant sexual position over her husband in bed - thereby (according to the Rebbes !) producing a child who is 'perverse sexually' in other words, the child of such a sexual union would be homosexual-gay or homosexual-lesbian' - which was considered a cultic taboo ('toq'ebah' or 'ritually unclean thing' aka 'abomination') for the Yahwistic cult.

We see the same image in the book of Revelation ('and lo, I saw a woman Sexually Mounting the Beast...and upon her forehead were engraved the names BABYLON THE GREAT MOTHER OF WHORES AND ALL THE TOQ'EBOTH ('ritual-abominations') upon the LAND !

Well, what do you have to say for yourself? And don't tell me the love affair with David and Jonathan was all news to you? ('Jonathan, Jonathan, my love for you was very strange - and far surpassing that of any woman !!)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As a gay man, I'm disgusted at my fellow citizens who compare my relationship, to a relationship with a dog.

People can say "I'm not anti-equality", but when you follow up with such a distasteful comment, you are only proving the opposite.

Also, the people who say "we don't want to call it marriage", I've yet to hear a single argument that justifies those thoughts. Separate, but equal was forced upon the African American population, and look at how we look at the supporters of such a thing today.

Marriage used to be defined as two people of the same race. Anti-miscegenation laws were found unconstitutional by the supreme court in 1967.

So, since it traditionally was only allowed to people of the same race, I'm sure this principle of tradition also applies to interracial marriage, and you don't support that either. If it doesn't, then it's not a principle of tradition, it's a principle of bigotry.
edit on 9-2-2012 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The states / government is infringing on a christian ritual of marriage from which the definition was first being subject to emphasis in common law marriage. Government dictating the definition of the word Marriage is actually discriminating against the tradition and religious ideal of marriage which is associated with a religion and recognized by the government.

I mean ... its like me saying that you are smart means you have a genealogical background in africa. If you aren't confused about what i just said ... you don't change the definition of something to fit what you want it to mean. The definition of marriage was changed in 2003 from 2000 years of tradition and meaning from which the word marriage was accepted in the eyes of the government.

If you want to have a government recognized union .... then get call it a Civil Union - not a Marriage. Because it is NOT a Marriage which is done before GOD and obviously , Yahweh does not recognize a same-sex marriage.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

So the fact that interracial marriage was illegal when marriage first came about means you don't support that either?

Government decided it was unconstitutional when churches and states were saying it was.

The fact is marriage is now a government-recognized institution. The government cannot make decisions based on religious values, as we have a separation of church and state.
edit on 9-2-2012 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mahoosta

I dont care if the dude was blue.

There are 500 plus verses in the Bible dealing with marriage.

The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.

Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

If the dude is blue , and the chick is white , black , yellow , or whatever ... as long as it is between a Human Male and Female , then it is a Marriage.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well what makes you more of an american then having a divorce?
true patriots of equal opportunity indeed. one of us! one of us!....

...and other such sad humor

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yahweh does not recognize a same-sex marriage.

Does Yahweh recognize a marriage between two atheists? Even though the atheists refuse to believe Yahweh exists? Is that part of the tradition of marriage?

link   
Oooo, I like this one.

Because it is NOT a Marriage which is done before GOD and obviously...

What if the gay folks are Christians? Lots of those people out there.

...Yahweh does not recognize a same-sex marriage.

How did you come by this knowledge? In a dream?

link   
Jewish and Christian believers have pointed to the relationship between young King David and Jonathan, heir apparent and son of King Saul, as a model of brotherly love and devotion. For thousands of years, scholars and devoted believers have seen David and Jonathan as nothing more (or less) than the finest example of friendship (philic) love that can be realized between two heterosexual men. After all, David clearly demonstrated his heterosexuality in the wives he took and the children he fathered.

In order to believe that David and Jonathan were homosexual lovers, you are going to have to ignore the plain reading of the scripture and the historic and traditional understanding of the text. In addition, you are going to have to believe that Samuel, one of God’s prophets in the tradition of the Mosiac cultural law that condemns homosexuality in Leviticus, would then approve of this homosexual relationship enough to carefully cloak it in the text. Would not this prophet of God, in the strong tradition of Judaism and the law of Moses have an opinion on this?

1 Samuel 20:30-31
Then Saul's anger burned against Jonathan and he said to him, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you are choosing the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness? "For as long as the son of Jesse lives on the earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Therefore now, send and bring him to me, for he must surely die.

Are you serious? The Naked Mother here is Johnathan's mother ......

1 Samuel 18:17,21
Then Saul said to David, "Here is my older daughter Merab; I will give her to you as a wife, only be a valiant man for me and fight the Lord's battles."… And Saul thought, "I will give her to him that she may become a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him." Therefore Saul said to David, "For a second time you may be my son-in-law today.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
I am not homophobic or anti-gay rights. I believe gays should have the same rights as any other human. I am however opposed to the term "gay marriage". I do not have a problem with same sex couples having the same rights as married couples. I just wish that they didn't call it "marriage".

Marriage is a term that should be reserved for a man and a woman. If gays want to call it domestic partners or any other name and it gives them the same rights as married couples I'm OK with that. I just disagree with them stealing the term marriage.

I know this may not be politically correct but it's how I feel. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I don't care. Some things need to be said even if they are not politically correct.

You just know when someone starts a sentence "I am not...." there's going to be a "but" coming.

What possible difference does it make what WORD is used? If the rights are equal what possible difference does the use of a single word make - it takes nothing away from what you have - this isn't caveman times, you're not sharing your hard-fought leg of gazelle with another tribe - you still have heterosexual marriage - it stays exactly the same as it was before. No one is "stealing" anything from you - there are enough marriage certificates, and divorce certificates to go round the entire planet and then some, you are losing NOTHING. Curb your irrational fears, they are baseless and entirely made up in your head. There, there.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by mahoosta

The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'...and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.

Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man.' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

The bible says that. Too bad our country was not founded on Christianity.

We aren't even sure who wrote the bible, and we know that generations ago, Christianity was used to manipulate the general public.

I believe in a God who wouldn't create us if he didn't want us. I believe in a God that punishes the evil and hateful people of this world, and rewards the caring and giving people of this world.

A God in any other way doesn't make sense. If he meets you at the gates of Heaven, do you think he will congratulate you for your postings here today? For defending the principles of a book he didn't even write?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join