It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
If I marry my dog. Well then I should have the same rights as any other married couple right?

If not, why?

Dogs are a different species and therefore have different rights. That comment makes you sound as dumb as Rick Santorum

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think there should be a mandatory "engagement" waiting period of 2 years for all couples gay or straight who want to get married. But that's a different subject.

I only have issues with the term "gay marriage".

No problems with gay wedding, honeymoon, divorce, etc..

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Dogs are a different species and therefore have different rights. That comment makes you sound as dumb as Rick Santorum

Only sounds dumb to you. Because you are opposed to humans and dogs loving each other apparently. You're another obvious bigot and a hypocrite

If I want to marry my dog who the hell are you to tell me I can't? Who the hell are you to prevent me from having the right to marry the being of my choice and having the same rights as any other human?

Damn hypocrites, so it doesn't matter what sex only the species huh? What about age ?
edit on 9-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The marriage union comes (pun unitended) via consumation of man and woman..

Hy this technicality alone gays cannot "marry" as they lack the different appendages that come together to create "one flesh".

Civil partnership therefore is the terminology for gay unions.

I agree with the OP on this
edit on 9-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Sorry, but the word 'marriage' doesn't belong to solely religious and homophobic nuts. It belongs to us all.

If they wanna get married then let them! Calling it something else is simply society pretending to be ok with it while still having an issue with it in the back of its mind.

It's only a damn word and in a free society we should be able to marry whoever the hell we want without biggots arguing over stupid semantics and who owns or doesn't own a term.

Honestly, it's closet homophobia. Come out of the closet, it's fun in the free world.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

Only sounds dumb to you. Because you are opposed to humans and dogs loving each other apparently. You're another obvious bigot and a hypocrite

If I want to marry my dog who the hell are you to tell me I can't? Who the hell are you to prevent me from having the right to marry the being of my choice and having the same rights as any other human?

Damn hypocrites, so it doesn't matter what sex only the species huh? What about age ?

Human adults (18+) have certain rights, at least in my country. To compare gay marriage and pedophilia/bestiality already lost your argument for you

It's the same reason the word 'santorum' is a neologism

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I think there should be a mandatory "engagement" waiting period of 2 years for all couples gay or straight who want to get married. But that's a different subject.

I only have issues with the term "gay marriage".

No problems with gay wedding, honeymoon, divorce, etc..

Then you run into things like "coloured" drinking fountains, and "white" drinking fountains.
(as to "gay" weddings or "gay" honeymoons)

Prefixes can get rather nasty.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I always wondered why people were against gay marriages.

Afterall, why should heterosexuals be the only ones to suffer ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Human adults (18+) have certain rights, at least in my country. To compare gay marriage and pedophilia/bestiality already lost your argument for you

I said nothing about pedophilia or beastiality. That's your own sick and twisted sexual perversions coming out of the closet. Sex and marriage don't always go hand in hand. If I want to marry my dog because I love it. Does not automatically mean I want to have sex with my dog.

So again take your ignorant assumptions and keep your santorum fetish to yourself

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

I said nothing about pedophilia or beastiality. That's your own sick and twisted sexual perversions coming out of the closet. Sex and marriage don't always go hand in hand. If I want to marry my dog because I love it. Does not automatically mean I want to have sex with my dog.

So again take your ignorant assumptions and keep your santorum fetish to yourself

Wasn't until now I realized we were talking with someone who is probably in their teenage years. No point in that really

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I always thought the term "marriage" meant a love for one another, a trust and true friendship, and faithfulness. I think it should apply to gay people as well. Everyone deserves to be happy and feel love, even gay people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

So you have a problem with gay couples using the word "marriage", but you dont mind them using the word "divorce"?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

No, I don't have a problem with gay couples using the word marriage.

I have a problem with them using the word "marriage" to describe their "domestic partnership".

It has to do with respect. "Divorce" is not something that deserves respect IMO

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Hy this technicality alone gays cannot "marry" as they lack the different appendages that come together to create "one flesh".

Use you imagination, or watch some freaky vids online.

There's plenty of other ways that can happen

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

The only person that has proven their ignorance here is you by you comparing marriage between two men or two women to people marrying animals.

It doesn't get more ignorant than that.

No, actually the ignorance and complete hypocrisy comes into play when you want to start limiting what the term marriage means. If you want to say that a human and a dog don't have the right to call their relationship a marriage then why isn't it ok for me to say that same sex couples relationships should not be called a marriage?

You can't have it both ways

Either marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman OR it applies to any way a person sees fit for themself.

edit on 9-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Because dogs can't say yes or no. They can't make an informed decision. Two adult human beings can.

Someone on page 1 said it best; Heterosexuals have been destroying the sanctity of marriage since it was invented. Kim Kardashian and her 19-day marriage/divorce are acceptable to you because she is female and the guy she chose to screw that week is male?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by MathiasAndrew

You claim that you're not a homophobe and yet, the term "gay marriage" bothers you.

I'm sorry but you are fooling NO ONE with this schtick!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join