It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
reply to post by Annee

Well I do support equal rights.

Why don't gays support the rights of polygamists?

Lame.

Gays are not a group think. They are individuals - - just like every one else.

I'm sure some gays do support polygamy - - just as some straight people do.

And some don't - - just like some straight people don't.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Personally....as long as a person isn't harming a Child...I could care less even if they fell in love with a TOMATO! It's not MY BUISNESS! If someone is being hurt....then sure...there is a problem...but I could care less if a person loves animals, is Bi-Sexual....Has Ten or More Wives or Husbands! I don't care!

But when you start saying that because YOU personally don't want to be like this so NO ONE can be like this....then you are just a person with issues! Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That is indeed horrible. But it is cherry picked.

Link after link could be posted regarding abuse and worse of children in a "regular" family unit.

All any of them (including yours) prove is some people are NOT good parents at best. Their sexual preferences and partners do not really matter in these instances.

link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by OzTiger
Does the same rules apply to Gay couples as to 'straight' couples (when they marry) regarding unemployment payments. If one is working and the other not then the other cannot claim unemployment benefits.

Where do you get this BS from?

My sister is married and she works but her husband was recently laid off. Guess what? He still recieves that unemployment check too.

I don't know where you are but here in Oz you are means tested. If your sister earns 40,000 say then her husband would be entitled to a 'part allowance' but this would be reduced by 60c in the dollar if she earns more than this. Very complicated but if she was earning 100 grand then her husband would get nix according to what I understand.
Hope your brother-in-law didn't tell 'porkies' on his application form because they'll get him!

link   

That's incredibly stupid.

I guarantee you that transgendered individuals are way more common amongst people with two heterosexual parents.

This girl would have the same GID if she were raised by two heterosexual parents. But guess what? It would possibly be worse, because she is an extreme case. If there were two non-accepting parents then she would probably end up an extremely high suicide risk.

Think before you speak. It will help you look like you don't have any issues in your brain either.

link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by SteveR
they are incapable of childraising that meets the developmental needs of children.

That is the most ignorant asinine thing I have ever seen in a long time. Look at the rate of screwed up kids turning into even worse adults who come from straight married couples. I have met better people who came from gay parents than I have straight. The straight folks (and yes I am one of them) have done a far worse job of screwing up children and this world than gays could ever do.

You are forgetting the role of the State in indoctrinating them in the schools, using values clarification to separate the children from their parents values.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Perhaps you should educate yourself first.

Classic.... perhaps I can educate you.

Tell me what I should "educate" myself on? What makes you think I haven't already "educated" myself?

I'll tell you what makes you think that, you own ignorance.
edit on 9-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I've always said that the only winners in the whole gay marriage deal is going to be divorce lawyers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I guarantee you that transgendered individuals are way more common amongst people with two heterosexual parents.

That might be true. But you don't see hetro parents giving their 11yr old child hormone blockers and letting their boy run around in a dress.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I've always said that the only winners in the whole gay marriage deal is going to be divorce lawyers.

Sadly, I agree

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Astute observation. Straights lose sanctity, gays lose self-respect. Why do gays need to base their identity on straights? They are crying out for legitimacy but the only people who can offer it are themselves. Have some respect for yourselves gays! If you want to be gay, be gay. Don't be gay and force straights to surrender their culture to you!

edit on 2012/2/9 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

link   
Westerners and their sex addict culture.lol.
No wonder your children know more about sex than your history.
Sorry i forgot you are the same people who translate 'kamasutra' as 'aphorisms on love'.
Can't expect anything good from you on the meaning of 'marriage' and 'love'.
Reason being you copied everything from others.....
Marriage is between a woman and man.
That's truth and it dosen't change with time.
No matter how much argument you make,it will be the same.

link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

That is indeed horrible. But it is cherry picked.

Yes it is. If you read the entire article you'd find that the Lesbian parents are as concerned and confused as anyone else would be having a transgender child. There are doctors and counselors involved - - the parents are just trying to support their son. There are straight parents that deal with this too. This is being sensationalized just because the parents are Lesbian.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well I'm quite surprised at all the responses. The pro gay marriage crowd has made some good points but mostly they have just displayed their own bigotry and hypocrisy. They have also displayed a complete lack of respect for other people who disagree with them.

Why the hell shouldn't we? Seriously mate, we have pretty well just about had enough of other people's opinions of us - good or bad. Keep your damn opinion to yourself if it is hurtful or derogatory, or be called on it.

This isn't bigotry or hypocracy, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Best comment for me. LFMAO.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Their sexual preferences and partners do not really matter in these instances.

How can you that in this particular case? You don't think that a big reason this young boy wants to be a girl could be related to the fact that both his parents are women? That his role models are lesbians and perhaps they are man-hating lesbians?

If you don't think that the sexual preference of this child's parents are the cause of this boys confusion then I would ask you to try opening your eyes a little wider and look again.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are so worried about others sexuality and MARRIAGES. yea i said marriages.

Gay is the way, i'm gonna get ur children, and then your country AND THEN THE WORLD IS MINE MWUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

bbl watching basketball.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
How the hell did I manage to click on a "Gay marriage" thread ......... need to buy glasses

but now that I'm here....... I'll ask the question........ what's everyone's interest in other peoples lives?

Do you feel a need to do God's bidding?........... is she on holiday??

Please come back Bruce Almighty...... there are way too many wannabes around

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Well I'm quite surprised at all the responses. The pro gay marriage crowd has made some good points but mostly they have just displayed their own bigotry and hypocrisy. They have also displayed a complete lack of respect for other people who disagree with them.

Why the hell shouldn't we? Seriously mate, we have pretty well just about had enough of other people's opinions of us - good or bad. Keep your damn opinion to yourself if it is hurtful or derogatory, or be called on it.

This isn't bigotry or hypocracy, sorry to burst your bubble.
Aliens taught you logic mate.
Stop whining when you get the same dose.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
Westerners and their sex addict culture.lol.
No wonder your children know more about sex than your history.
Sorry i forgot you are the same people who translate 'kamasutra' as 'aphorisms on love'.
Can't expect anything good from you on the meaning of 'marriage' and 'love'.
Reason being you copied everything from others.....
Marriage is between a woman and man.
That's truth and it dosen't change with time.
No matter how much argument you make,it will be the same.

Actually...not true legaly in Mass. LOL! Why do you care? Do you think that there are not enough people on the planet already? LOL! Look...I am a Man that...LOVES WOMEN! I love everything about them including when they piss me off!...it makes for great Make Up Sex! LOL!

But to be so petty as to think that you know what is best for everyone....well...it's just plain stupid. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join