It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VERY loud rumbling tonight in PacificNorthWest..anyone else hear it? 2/8/12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The rumbling noise abruptly cut off, restarted and then cut off again? Did I get the sequence and the fact the transitions from noise to silence was abrupt, correct? That is something a bit new and if this is related to the others then I'd say it rules a few things out. I can't see where naturally produced noise from geologic events would have sudden drop and restart points. Something mechanical might though....or something generated from Space.

Hmm.. The way this is all developing over time is as interesting as the base phenomenon itself.

the one i heard would go up in frequency from time to time but mainly stayed as the sound of a world war 2 bomber that never moved, lasted for about 35 minutes give or take. in south eastern PA here.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Last night we heard a rumble for about 25-30 sec. sounded like a jet passing by low. We live in the path of an airport (50k or so from it but in the departing path) and hear this several times a day. We wrote it off as a jet as usual as they seem depart lower when its overcast/raining but it might have been something else. It was between 9:00-10:00pm pst.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're seeing the 5.6 quake that hit at 12:01 UTC. (the largest on on the display right now that is showing on most of the seismos)

I'll look into this more tomorrow. I can't find anything else local on the seismos, other than the small one near vancouver at about 9:58 pm. We shouldn't have heard that though...way too small. Perhaps it was recording something else? I dunno.....

What struck me as odd about that quake was the reading it generated across every graph on the planet. I offer those displays and many more on my community site for near real time Earthquake information and the comparison is why I have a couple dozen of them up and sorted by region. One screws up often enough..but then others in that same area show the data for comparison.

What got my attention was the readings being as clear in Wake Island as Palmer Station, Antarctica. Even the South Pole station showed this one, and that usually has nothing but insane chicken scratches all over the drum from the quirky nature of things down there.
Oh well.... I'm no geologist. It just struck me as odd, given the reports of noises again within the same general range of time.

Odder still are where the readings were the strongest. RSOE made it pretty clear what I was looking at for the recorded event....but then why have Beijing's station recording a distinctly more powerful event than Vancouver station? Odd...but then so much is odd these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm on the east coast of Vancouver Island in Nanaimo and I didn't hear anything.

I did hear the sound two years ago in Palm Desert and it wasn't the "hum" or the, imo, hoax War of the Worlds sound. We thought it was an earthquake coming, ran outside, realized it was coming from the sky. It sounded like a fleet of those massive long range bombers. Extremely loud jet enging roaring sound. We had an unobstructed view of a clear sky. VERY weird.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm just curious to what part of the pnw you live in. Seattle, Portland?
Are you in a metropolitan area?
What was the waether like?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very eerie. I didn't hear it, but if it sounds like the sound before an earthquake that would be a frightening experience. The biggest earthquake i've been (in the middle of the night) had that noise. I literally jumped out of my bed.

Could this be our only warning for the Big One? Do you guys think the sound is coming from below us or above us?
edit on 9-2-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

So we have that rumbling noise in Sooke on Vancouver Island a few weeks ago and now Westcoast an experience too. I don't like this at all. My advice to anyone: pay attention to animals. If you notice a large group of them acting differently, please let us know.

(I live on northern Vancouver Island). I'm gonna charge up my camera batteries.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Remember, phones and digital cameras can record. After the last huge rumble I heard (I had the flu and could not get out of bed to record it), I carry a camera ready to go all the time.

It sounds like a huge rumbling train or a jet idling. A roar/rumble/really overwhelming noise.

We all need to record and post on youtube and everywhere we can to get this noticed.

It sounds like it comes from all around, esp from the ground up into the clouds.
edit on 2/9/2012 by katfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Westcoast I am beginning to think what we are experiencing and hearing IS something along the lines of this....

I have researched all possible explanations I can come up with since the noises were first mentioned here on ATS. This video is lengthy and will take time to get through but I think you will (like I did) begin to nod your head affirming that what this lady is saying has truth to it. What she explains in DETAIL could also be the reason for the other noticeable changes that not only we are experiencing as a species but other species are also being effected as well as our Planet and the rest of the Planets!!!

While watching this video I had a lot of thoughts to process by which I had previous learned. I had a lot of Ah Ha moments as well.

Please watch it and tell me what your thoughts are. Thanks!!!
xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Okay, I am going to re-cap everything and add some info. Love all the input...I am hoping to find others that heard the same thing, I have located five friends locally (plus myself and son) that heard it in addition to the people in the dispatch center. This is just people I personally know.

First: I am locaed in Skagit County, Washington. This is in the NW corner of Washington State, about an hour South of the Canadian border and an hour North of Seattle, about 10 miles inland.

The sound occured just after ten at night on 2/8/12. I believe it was around 10:05 to 10:10.

It began as a low rumbling....either like a REALLY big truck was rolling or a very noisy train going down the tracks a mile away. The sound grew in intensity. There had been some loud jets flying over earlier in the day but as it grew it was already much louder than a jet. I muted the tv and opened the window. It was so loud that both my son and I thought it was an earthquake building. We could 'feel' the sound...it was low hz so it was like the vibrations you feel with thunder, but it definitely wasn't thunder.

The way the sound cut out was very strange. We just looked at each other. Then after 30 sec or a min or so it began again. That is when I grabbed my video and ran out the back door. The animals outside were reacting but the sound was gone by the time I got out there.

There were some clouds in the sky, a light breeze and the moon was full. Pretty mild, low 40s. No rain (amazing) and no sign of any storm systems. I took some video while I was out there but since it didn't happen again, didn't upload it. All you can see is the dark night sky and the full moon.

I am in a rural, farming area. Closest town is about 5 miles, population around 9,000.

The other areas this was experienced in (so far) were:

Sedro Woolley
Anacortes
Mount Vernon
Big Lake

They also thought it was a large earthquake building. Many around here remember the nisqually quake, and that is what it reminded me of..the build-up before the shaking.

This gives a rough triangle area of over 30+ miles.

Given the seismos, and the experience, I think it was a sound wave. But from what?

TA has found a trace at 9hz on the same seismo I linked earlier that occured right after that small quake. This would be the right time frame so I am waiting to find out some more on that.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Following this WC....you know I have heard it before and recorded it too. The only thing is that I am far from you in Louisiana.. I hope you can get some answers.
edit on 2/9/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be odd if these were cloaked ships preparing for an invasion?

Scary, but that thought just popped into my head.

Wish I stayed up last night, was out like a light about that time (right after work).

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Please check your local papers and see if there is an unusual number of run away, missing cats/dogs. This is proved to be a good indicater of a coming quake with days to a week i think it was.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Read this from 2010:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like it's one and the same. Very strange.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thank you for the post the only idea i have about it is, yesterday i was looking at the space weather reports and it said thursday the 9th, there would be solar winds passing us. one hypothesis about all these strange sounds people are hearing is the sun, its amazingly loud and now with the holes in our protection layer plus the sun being at a peak cycle, all these sounds could be the sun or solar flares or solar winds, but not totally sure on this iv just heard the idea a few times.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area of the Pacific Northwest and did not hear anything last night. However, about 6 weeks ago, I was reading to my kids and all of a sudden there was a sound very similar to what you are describing. The decibel level was very high. It sounded like it would if I was standing right behind a commercial jet engine under full throttle. I ran outside and caught the tail end of the sound before it abruptly cut off. I didn't see any aircraft... It has never happened before in the 4 1/2 years I have lived in my house. I chalked it up to an aircraft I couldn't see, but after reading OP's experience, I don't know.

Interesting - thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was up most of the night, well past 10pm, I didn't hear or feel anything.
But then I'm down south of you in Portland, OR.
I've been waiting to hear these sounds everyone has been talking about.
Wait a minute.....I might wanna take that back.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
After having watched the videos of Sky Sounds, the ones with the loud rumbling, it reminded me of when I was stationed at Norfolk, VA, the Naval Air Station there, the jets would idle their engines, and the rumbling would sound like that, then increase in pitch and volume, sometimes due to maintenance being done, or take off.

But NONE of them lasted as long as some of the videos I've watched, and they definately had a source direction.

The 2nd thing it reminded me of was when my father was stationed in Naples, Italy, from 1981 - 1985, we got to ride many earthquakes there. Small ones that made you look up and go "What was that?" to big ones (I think the biggest was 6.9 or 7.1), that shook the whole building and was scary has hell. It was the big ones that had the same kind of rumble, but again, lasting only minutes.

I'm here in South Carolina, and every morning I take my son down to the bus stop. The other morning I started to hear a rumble and swore loudly (I'd left my video cam up at the house), but it went up in pitch quickly and fly by: a jet.

I had to chuckle to myself, thinking "wow. Those ATS threads are getting to me!"

Still, I've got my camera charged and ready to roll just in case.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This guy know mora about the rumblings: Mr. Khalilov, what is the nature of the unusual very low-pitched sounds reported by a great number of people in different parts of the planet since the summer of 2011? Many call them “The Sound of the Apocalypse”. Information about that comes from all over the world: US, UK, Costa Rica, Russia, Czech Republic, Australia, etc. See: GeoChange Journal

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hmmm, weird. I am in the mid-Willamette Valley in Oregon, and while I didn’t hear anything, my dog was acting weird last night. Unsettled, pacing, etc. I went outside trying to see if I could figure out what was bugging him, but heard nothing, saw nothing. That said, it was tripping us out! I certainly have been keeping my ears open for these sounds, as I am curious to hear them myself. Thanks for the thread Westcoast!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join