It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice to meet you :]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hi, I'm Crimsonlion. I'm a freshman at the University of Texas. I'm double majoring in Chinese and Japanese. My favorite movie is Top Gun and my favorite music artist is Phil Collins. I am an avid book reader, especially books on ancient philosophy. I am fluent in Spanish and Japanese.If you need a little translation, don't hesitate to ask me.

じゃあね。

Crimsonlion

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonlion

Welcome aboard! Tho I don't recommend giving to much personal information about yourself for safety reasons. But glad to have you here I'm sure your "skills" will come in handy.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Welcome !

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Welcome crimsonlion

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonlion
Hi, I'm Crimsonlion. I'm a freshman at the University of Texas. I'm double majoring in Chinese and Japanese. My favorite movie is Top Gun and my favorite music artist is Phil Collins. I am an avid book reader, especially books on ancient philosophy. I am fluent in Spanish and Japanese.If you need a little translation, don't hesitate to ask me.

じゃあね。

Crimsonlion

Thats right! Ice... Man. The best part of the whole movie. No actors, no props, just danger zone.

I'll mark you down for translation skills. Thanks and welcome.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Welcome!

Interesting majors you have, especially Chinese. Did you see the world tour show of Shen Yun yet? It shows 5000 years of ancient Chinese culture, the true stuff "pre-communism/cultural revolution" so to speak...

Anyway, I would advice you to read the Chinese version of Zhuan Falun to have a new idea about human life. I have a web link in my signature below.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
And Nice to meet you always glad to see the ATS community grow,I give you the standard flag to help kick off you ATS career

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So happy to have you aboard!

You will find a plethora of topics to occupy your attention. There is a good deal of dreck floating around, unfortunately but the gems far outshine the tailings and with practice the rubbish becomes simple to discern.

There are several threads which could use your skills, not the least of which are the following:

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

Indeed, anything in the Forum dedicated to the Japan disaster. You can even meet members from Japan within the threads.

This post in Quakewatch 2012 was asking for some help iwith one of the websites that had been found. Some of the information may have been covered, but it might be good to take another look at what the post is referring to.

Then there is the Fragile Earth Forum in which one can find topics about the environment and other oddities.

Always enlightening is Ancient & Lost Civilization, as you never know what will be presented about humaniy's ancient past.

And of course, one cannot forget Breaking Alternate News in which one can find topics of every conceivable area of interest, often with highly insightful commentary.

Have fun, watch out for the trolls and shills (these become glaringly obvious after a time, so the regular users will generally sniff them out pretty quick), and above all else, deny ignorance!

new topics

top topics

join