It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Casey Heynis) Bullying hero's back to school message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Remember Casey Heynis the Aussie kid who was bullied and fought back, capturing the hearts and minds of people all over the world?

Well, turns out since then he hasn't been idle. Watch the following videos for updates on how his life has taken a massive turn for the better:

Almost a year after Casey Heynis became a global internet hero following a schoolyard bullying incident, he’s returned to offer advice for students across the country. The teenager’s personal message is targeted to bullies and more importantly, their victims.

Video:
Bullying Hero's Back to School Message - A Current Affair (Australia) - 25/1/2012

(Apologies, I tried to find a Youtube link but there don't seem to be any).
edit on 8/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm glad the kids doing well. Sometimes that's what it takes to get people off your back.
I stopped watching the video once I saw the Beiber.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I stopped watching the video once I saw the Beiber.

Yeah that was a bit hard to not gouge out my own eyes at the Beiber bit, but it's great that the kid has received so much positive support from the world, and has managed to come through it all better off than when he was being bullied.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm still proud of Casey and what he did to end the situation he was in. He showed restraint. My father always told me never to throw the first punch, even if the other person deserved it. He said if I HAD to throw a punch, end it with that punch. Casey definitely did that, and he also inadvertently opened up a new discussion on school bullying, something that should be addressed, seeing as school policies label the victim just as much of the problem as the bully. Kids these days are taught not to fight back, use non-violent resistance. Well, when I was in school, if there was a problem, there was the playground at 3pm. I was only in one fight in my life, after years of torment, and I ended it just the way my father taught me how to. The guy is still a good friend of mine to this day.

What Casey taught, and is still teaching the youth of the world is that it's okay to stand up for yourself, and for that I'm proud of him.

Thanks for posting the update! I was wondering what happened to the young fellow.

-TS

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Thanks for posting the update! I was wondering what happened to the young fellow.

No worries mate, I have checked for news on him every so often since the event and just happened to stumble upon this one - I missed the actual broadcast unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why people think this kid is a hero. The way he picked up the kid and slammed him on the floor was ridiculously dangerous. What would be saying if the kid ended up landing the wrong way or on the wrong body part and became incapacitated or worse, dead?

It's a shame that he was being bullied and even more so that he lost his cousin to suicide because of bullying. I can only imagine what he felt like but still, that was no way to handle it. Again, maybe it's just me, but does violence only begets more violence still have any truth?

The only thing I think this will do is make the smaller bullies think about their words and actions a little more. Remember, this kid was like 3x the bully's size. Let's say the roles were reversed? Then what?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

When you are bullied all your life mate, a situation like that can make one snap and react without thought. Take it from someone who was also bullied....the kid did amazing not to injure the bully further in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Good for him fighting back. Bullying does not end by the victim being quiet and walking away. It only makes the bullying worse. I think fighting back shows them you're not going to take it anymore. When I was in highscool and someone was bullying me, I fought back, and ended up kicking their butts royally. No one ever bothered me again.

new topics

top topics

join