It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Interviews Corporate Prof. Jonathan Macey.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
An awesome interview I think everyone should see. If you don't already know, Jon Stewart can make the most serious issues seem funny.

Jonathan Macey is a professor of corporate law, corporate finance and securities law at YALE

Yale Law School Professor Jonathan Macey explains why Bain Capital's executives cannot be held accountable for Dade Behring's bankruptcy under their management.

Canadian Link (it may work in America as well?)

dailyshow.com Link

edit on 8-2-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was going to make a post about this when it came out.

This is the type of ninny corruption we deal with today, where people like Macey think it's funny and that the bankers are just playing by the rules.

I can only hope that Stewart's high profile sheds more light on the issue.

Western civilization as we know it is done either way very soon. So enjoy the satire and laughs folks.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

The system is corrupt beyond the shadow of a doubt. I think Jon says it pretty well at the end of his episode;

Talking about Macey "He was the counter-point to, uh, everything we've been talking about, and even he walked out like " Yeah, I guess they're #ing corrupt, I don't know what to tell ya." I don't even know what do to anymore! "

Sometimes all you can do is laugh. Especially when you aren't fully aware of the situation.
edit on 8-2-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
John Stewart Leibowitz's brother, Larry Leibowitz, used to run the New York Stock Exchange. Now he's over at the NYSE Euronext division. I know that doesn't necessarily make John evil, but he probably is. He does exactly what Comedy Central (Viacom) tells him to. Whatever insightful interviews he may do are made to sound that way to keep people happy. Not to poohpooh on your thread, I just don't trust the guy. He too rich and his family is too well connected.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I also read that Stephen Colbert Hitler is the last surviving member of the Hitler clan. I certainly hope someone comes forward soon to warn the world about his evil comedy ways.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Thank you for the interesting information about Jon's family, although I'm disappointed that you chose not to watch the interview.

From wikipedia:

He began using the stage name "Jon Stewart" by dropping his last name and changing the spelling of his middle name "Stuart" to "Stewart." He often jokes this is because people had difficulty with the pronunciation of Leibowitz or it "sounded too Hollywood" (a reference to Lenny Bruce's joke on the same theme).[22] He has implied that the name change was actually due to a strained relationship with his father, with whom Stewart no longer has any contact.

Whether or not Jon Stewart is in on "the conspiracy" is up for debate, but you can't argue that his comedy show is more informative than Fox News.

top topics

join