It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon investigates colonel over critical report on US progress in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Pentagon investigates colonel over critical report on US progress in Afghanistan

usnews.msn bc.msn.com

The Pentagon has launched an investigation into an independent report written by an Army lieutenant colonel for possible security violations, military officials said Wednesday.

In an article published Sunday by the Armed Forces Journal titled "Truth, Lies and Afghanistan: How military leaders have let us down," Army Lt. Col. Daniel Davis, who spent a year in Afghanistan delivering equipment to U.S. forces, strongly suggests that military leaders are lying about progress in the war in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related:
armedforcesjournal.com...
www.armedforcesjournal.com...
edit on 092929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2012 21:58:54 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So a ground Colonel was telling the truth about how we really are not winning and he gets reprimanded by the Obama goons? Seems that the military industrial complex does not want people to know that they are losing the battle and all your tax dollars are going into the coffers of congress men, corporations, contractors and stock holders.

Try to whistle-blow and it could be your career or imprisonment. I am so utterly disgusted by this, we are not being told the truth about the Afghanistan situation. I bet that we really have much less control than we are being led to believe.

usnews.msn bc.msn.com

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So a ground Colonel was telling the truth about how we really are not winning and he gets reprimanded by the Obama goons? Seems that the military industrial complex does not want people to know that they are losing the battle and all your tax dollars are going into the coffers of congress men, corporations, contractors and stock holders.

Try to whistle-blow and it could be your career or imprisonment. I am so utterly disgusted by this, we are not being told the truth about the Afghanistan situation. I bet that we really have much less control than we are being led to believe.

usnews.msn bc.msn.com

This has always been the case, military represents the strength of the government and they don't want any weakness spotlighted...especially from within itself.

Pretty sure we'll hear about how this man was some rogue lunatic if this story reaches the MMS.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I bet that we really have much less control than we are being led to believe.

Absolutely... after studying all the failures of other countries like England and Russia for example, I was dumbfounded that we ever entertained the idea we could invade and hold those tough mountain hillbillies at bay. The terrain is brutal, the roads are few thru steep mountain passes and the fighters are dug into centuries (millennium old) caves. Are we that friggin stupid?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Too late the guy suposedly wrote petraeus and told him how to beat Iran, he wanted help to skip a grade to brigadier so he could help shape the war against Iran.......
I for one, would love to hear his plan.......
And any more details that the sketchy article left out of the report too.....
He could be already lined up and sliding down the shute here......the article says it all.....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What do you suppose it means when a government is unable to face some fundamental truths about itself? When it "investigates" the truth-tellers instead of looking inward for its problems? You don't suppose this is a bad sign, do you? Damn! I wonder if this means that we as a country are in some sort of trouble....?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Good. I hope Big Fed learns a thing or four from the Colonel.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They aren't even fighting a war which is sad, they are mostly guarding the poppy, and marijuana fields. So yeah they are not winning...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Lol...There winning, trust me. Delivering easy drugs to the streets of the USA in a economic crises is a great way to raise more money to ensure other endever's.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Its called the UCMJ and every member of the military is aware of it and the restrictions they face when joining the military.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Tought crimes we can't believe in because the FBI says so!

Seriously these people have nothing else to do? What about the Pentagon re-investigates 9/11? The anthrax attacks? OKC? No? Thought so.

The Pentagon are bought and paid for just like the rest of the scum in power.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Tought crimes we can't believe in because the FBI says so!

Seriously these people have nothing else to do? What about the Pentagon re-investigates 9/11? The anthrax attacks? OKC? No? Thought so.

The Pentagon are bought and paid for just like the rest of the scum in power.

The military has nothing to do with the investigation into 9/11, Anthrax, or okc being they are all under the jurisdiction of Civilian law enforcement - FBI.

I figured with as much as you bash the US you would know these things.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I know that, but the Pentagon investigates this colonel over statements he made. They should use that time to investigate people connected to 9/11 (which killed people at the Pentagon) instead of wasting taxpayers dollars on investigating people who have served their country.

And as always, you say that I ``bash`` the US. Total bull. I bash the US government, which is full of corrupt scumbags and guess what, 91% of Americans agree.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

This goes under what we call "OPSEC" - as well as some other key concepts. When you wear the uniform, you are the U.S. Military. This site is a perfect testament to that. All it takes is one dunce in a uniform to do something stupid (like steal candy from a baby) - and suddenly it's some NWO conspiracy to steal candy from babies.

This is why the military has the UCMJ and several other policies governing conduct of people in uniform and media publications made from within the military.

You wouldn't appreciate me tweeting that your door is unlocked, or creating a forum dedicated to discussing the places you frequent, your daily schedule, etc. You may or may not realize WHY something like that would disturb you; but it is because it violates your security. It makes it very easy for someone who may want to do you harm to plot a means of doing so.

That is why people on these forums get paranoid over issues of surveillance. They are afraid of being carted off by some malevolent force operating as/within the government.

Similarly, the military and government get paranoid about how much information is known about their activities because they don't want to have spontaneously exploding carriers, warehouses, and other assets.

That's why the idiot who posts, on his public facebook page, complaints about poor base security has volunteered himself to be the defacto substitute for all sentry watches.

The other end of it is that this Lt. Colonel (O-5) is but one cog in the system. With all due respect to his position - who is he to be making publications that attempt to draw success/failure conclusions out of ongoing operations?

That silver oak leaf finds its way onto the collar of plenty of people from all manner of skill sets. That's all fine and dandy. Is this guy someone you want drawing up your intelligence reports that you will be relying upon to make vital strategic and tactical decisions? Or does he just have a very good set of knee-pads?

That's another reason the policies are in place the way they are. That is why you need to be sure to elect representatives you trust to do their job openly and with a satisfactory amount of transparency.

It is not the job of individuals in the military to publish their own little thought-blog on the course of operations they are involved in. If they feel so compelled - those reports go up their chain of command and get analyzed at the appropriate level. The people who do this are directly and indirectly appointed by the representatives you all elect and the feedback you give them.

If you want truthful, honest reports that include ample information from the theatre - then you need to place people into office who are for that, and will institute those policies in an appropriate manner.

Otherwise - you're going to read the reports from within the ranks and come away wondering how in the hell anything gets accomplished. As they say: "If you think everything is okay, then you have no idea what the hell is going on."

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Well they are of course winning the drug war, but not the war against the Taliban.

new topics

top topics

join