It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Media silent over freedom of religion (the contraception mandate)

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel
 


This is not about condoms, it's about birth control and abortion, which a lot more religious christians are against. They don't like the morning after pill and all that stuff.

Although there are those christians that do not like condoms either, which I don't agree with, but can sympathize with. There are less of them but they still exist.
edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow! Look how far the government is taking this:

Army Chaplains Stopped From Reading Bishop’s Letter
news.investors.com...


The letter that the Army's Office of the Chief of Chaplains kept from being read to Catholic soldiers concerned the recent Health and Human Services mandate requiring Catholic institutions to provide contraceptive services.


and now we have a government that will not allow any criticism of the Commander-in-Chief:


The Army's Office of the Chief of Chaplains apparently was not amused and sent out its own letter forbidding Catholic chaplains from reading their archbishop's communication to Catholic soldiers, in part because it was judged to encourage civil disobedience and could be read as seditious against the commander in chief.


Just this act of not allowing the soldiers to hear this same letter that was read to all those who attended church on Sunday is a successful attempt to restrict freedom of speech.

Face it, we might as well be living in China at the rate we are going.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Wow! Look how far the government is taking this:

Army Chaplains Stopped From Reading Bishop’s Letter
news.investors.com...


The letter that the Army's Office of the Chief of Chaplains kept from being read to Catholic soldiers concerned the recent Health and Human Services mandate requiring Catholic institutions to provide contraceptive services.


and now we have a government that will not allow any criticism of the Commander-in-Chief:


The Army's Office of the Chief of Chaplains apparently was not amused and sent out its own letter forbidding Catholic chaplains from reading their archbishop's communication to Catholic soldiers, in part because it was judged to encourage civil disobedience and could be read as seditious against the commander in chief.


Just this act of not allowing the soldiers to hear this same letter that was read to all those who attended church on Sunday is a successful attempt to restrict freedom of speech.

Face it, we might as well be living in China at the rate we are going.



Pay attention leftists this is how the whole thing started. Obama refused to listen to the church or the army about how immoral this mandate is. Now, look what is happening, it's about time SOMETHING blew up in Obama's face! The media cannot protect him from religious rights.

He effectively destroyed the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech for a group of people in one swipe.

But he certainly pleased his environmentalist friends when there were preliminary worries about the keystone pipeline!
edit on 9-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Sachyriel
 


This is not about condoms, it's about birth control and abortion, which a lot more religious christians are against. They don't like the morning after pill and all that stuff.

Although there are those christians that do not like condoms either, which I don't agree with, but can sympathize with. There are less of them but they still exist.
edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)


The morning after pill and abortions are just evidence that they should have used a condom or other contraceptive first.

If Christians are going to force their lifestyle of abstinence only on other people they should expect some push back on the fact abstinence doesn't work. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Religious freedom is a right to all because you're expected to stand aside when others need some freedom as well. Pushing the access people need to these medically important procedures away from their hands is immoral because they need the real protection medicine gives, not a hope that God takes their problematic pregnancy away through pray alone.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel

The morning after pill and abortions are just evidence that they should have used a condom or other contraceptive first.

If Christians are going to force their lifestyle of abstinence only on other people they should expect some push back on the fact abstinence doesn't work. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Religious freedom is a right to all because you're expected to stand aside when others need some freedom as well. Pushing the access people need to these medically important procedures away from their hands is immoral because they need the real protection medicine gives, not a hope that God takes their problematic pregnancy away through pray alone.


But Christians DON'T want to use the pill or get abortions and it's not in the government's place to tell people to get this. Not all Christians force abstinence onto others. If you are a devout Christian you will not even want to hear the option, they aren't telling people they can't get abortions or stop having sex. Although a lot of religious folks would like that.

The government does not have the right to force christian institutions to give up their beliefs and supply this type of stuff that is against their religion. It's like the government forcing you to get cancer treatment and radiation, but you would like to die in peace from your cancer.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 
The left talking points have been this, if you accept government funds, then you sacrifice your beliefs and are under government mandate.

Which shows that 1) government does not care about catholic beliefs, 2) government is trying to replace religious tenent with its own.

No one has yet to answer MY comparrison to government funded islamic schools in America where religious doctrine is held.

This, in my humble opinion, will be a key reason why Obama will lose in November.



Spot on......

Many Catholics will side with Faith,before they side with Government Mandates.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Sachyriel
 
You are not being forced to become catholic.

Yet catholics (under Obama) are being forced to become secular.

And you don't see a problem with this.

Then, I could force any religion to break their religious tenents, if I wanted, because I felt they were meaningless, according to you.



Catholics are not being forced to become secular.

The only thing is that if they want to run TAX-FREE healthcare BUSINESSES that funnel money back into ROME, they will have to provide birth control.

They could go ahead and drop the PRETENSE of being CHARITIES, and operate as for-profit BUSINESSES which is WHAT THEY REALLY ARE and they would not have to provide birth control!

I see this as an extremely shrewd move by Obama, one of the only ones I have ever seen him make that isn't totally bogus. It will either force the Catholic hospitals to register correctly, as for-profit entities, or they will have to provide birth control.

Rome has been insidiously attacking America for hundreds of years. It's refreshing to see somebody do something about it.




top topics



 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join