It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else so excited they can't wait for death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
For me it's that my consciousness will transcend gender, space and time. Coming to the realization it's possible now to create my own world or even a new universe.

Death

My realization...my rebirth

Power of creation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's weird but on one hand, I'm afraid of dying because I really haven't had opportunities to do anything I wanted to but at the same time, life is so hopeless, meaningless and pointless that death would be kinda cool as long as I kept all my memories and could wander around Heaven or its equivalent afterlife paradise and choose never to return here again.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not really excited, but I think death will be a great relief.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

edit on 8-2-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
the other night i was thinking about how i cant wait to see the other side of life (death) i wasn't afraid just happy thinking about death

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I generally never look forward to death. I fear death plain and simple. On one hand, we may actually go somewhere to some realm outside of our conscious existance or even be born again. On the other hand everything might just completely stop and we will no longer exist. No consciousness, no life. That fear scares me more than anything else about death. There are many times I'll be lying in bed at night trying to fall asleep and the vicious thought suddenly strikes me "You are going to die someday and you can't escape it. This is inevitable and you are on borrowed time" Then I normally jump up, have a panic attack, and have to try to get calmed back down to try to even go to sleep.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
To die will be an awfully big adventure.

I've worked as a medium my entire life and have had extensive contact with spirits from the other side, and from my experience, as exciting as death may be, life is surely something to be excited about, even if it doesn't always feel that way. The other side is a place we are familiar with, a place we all go eventually, and all experience. This life though, our lives, are all unique to us. We all have individual journeys and go through separate experiences that help us learn the lessons we're meant to learn this time around.

I'm excited for death, but even more excited for what will follow on my individual path in life.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Excited? No, why would I be? My life thus far has sucked. I will not be ready to cease to exist til I have achieved something in this world. Even then, I would prefer immortality, or at the very least some kind of extended longevity, to that of the concept of death. And this is coming from a man who has suffered from clinical depression since the age of 5. Yes, nearly 20 years.

Yet with no physical proof of anything resembling that of any kind of an afterlife being present thus far, why would one desire death? As human beings is it not appropriate for us to desire fulfillment of some kind? What evidence do we have towards the possibility of such a concept of that of a potential to reach the feeling of any kind of fulfillment in some form of an afterlife, as of this writing?

Please do not take offense to this. I am simply responding to a question, and would very much like a reason to be provided that would attempt to bring me around to the OPs point of view.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I can't say I'm particularly excited because I mean I am pretty happy, but I don't mind the fact. I mean it can't be that bad?.. I mean everyone does it! So it must be something pretty popular to do

If I was told I only had one day to live I think I would be okay but upset for my family. I honestly would feel a great deal of relief just because well.. I no longer have to question it.

I'm happy with life so it wouldn't bother me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
as long as im with all my cats i think i would die a happy man...

aahhhh

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I remember a story from wwII, the guys pushed flag up iwa juma, well these guys were getting all shot up, and the one guy kept saying man this is really going to be something, finally the one guy ask him what the hell he was talking about, about a half a minute lateer the guy was dead. I thought that was interesting.

I don't really worry about dieing it'e I just don't want to be alone, or bored. You know like if your one with everything and there is no one else to talk to and you know everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

With you there, clinical depression sufferer myself as well as victim of circumstance and apparent or perceived notions of being held back.

I've mentioned before many a time that while I turned 28 years old yesterday, I've had songs going back 12 years that have never been recorded that I still think are better than the majority of music released in the mainstream but it seems as though life and fate doesn't want me to accomplish that.

I also honestly have no friends because they were either two faced backstabbers who strung me along or hated me anyway and chose to stay away.

Never had a true meaningful relationship in my life. Tried to believe in the "just be yourself, you're a nice and intelligent guy, you're really funny and cool, it'll happen" BS but if that's the case, why have people looked at me like I'm a freak when I approached them and why have my relationships since the age of 20 (two thus far) been online only? The distance I can understand being harder to be more personal but I was "with" someone for 8 years and still never met her face to face.

It's like my life is destined to be a lonely one and that if we really do choose to learn lessons in life then I must have chosen to live the life of a total loser that has nothing going for him while others get everything they ever wanted whenever they damn well please.

This is why I don't wanna die until I've fulfilled a lot of stuff that I should've accomplished by now and worry I'll finally have something go right for once only for me to not have the time to truly enjoy it but on the other hand, I can't wait to be off this planet and out of this hell for good cause there's nothing here but pain and misery.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I personally can not wait to die. Im tired of this 3rd dimensional reality / duality. I have considered suicide but I could never commit because itd hurt my family way to much. Plus I have not completed my mission / learned the reasons I reincarnated into this time. Also I want to see what happens dec 21 2012

reply to post by googolplex

Just my opinion but I dont think thats what happen after death. To become "one" requires a lot of, I guess you could call it training. After death we will be in a different dimension where we can evaluate our experiences on here on earth. There we can either choose to reincarnate back to duality and learn more or continue to move upward in dimensions learning different lessons until we reach that point of "one".
edit on 8-2-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Cats are the most beautiful, intelligent animals and I dearly love mine, too. Hopefully, if you go before they do, you've got plans for their care, maybe make a will and testament for them? I hope mine will have someone, too.

OP, I do look forward to death, very much. I've got physical reasons for it, but the spiritual reasons are important, too. We're full of energy and that energy has to go somewhere and I know that place is awesome; much. much better than it is here.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

what evidence do you have for such claims ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I look at the afterlife as home.

Right now, where we are isn't home. We're on our journey home, every single day we come one step closer to going home. It's not a foreign place, it's a place our soul remembers, a place we've all been before numerous times and will probably continue to go numerous times.

Along our journey home, we're meant to acquire lessons, face obstacles to acquire wisdom (what have you learned from things being perfect? Nothing.) and keep on keepin' on. Life isn't the destination, it's the journey, it's something we should embrace and make use of to its fullest, because we might just end up going home faster than we anticipate.

There isn't anything wrong with going home, it's far more peaceful and understanding then the journey, but once again, you learn nothing from perfection. Life is about obstacles and overcoming them -- that's why life and all it brings is so fascinating!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hierophantesque

I wish I had your optimism, I really do.

I've tried before but then life always reminds me how sh***y it really is.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ok - my view - i live my life assuming that death is the absolute end , based on the utter lack of evidence to the contrary

i do not ` expect ` either punishment or rewards for anything i did prior to death , nor any ` second chances `

i will be dead , end off , i will only live on in the momories of those who knew me - and only the physical evidence of what i did in life will survive my death

dead is dead - get over it and live your life

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
dead is dead - get over it and live your life

But then people like myself who can't see anything worth living for, what's the answer to stave off the suicidal thoughts? What is there to live for?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Hierophantesque

I wish I had your optimism, I really do.

I've tried before but then life always reminds me how sh***y it really is.

I'd only acquired my mentality because I've seen and experienced personal things that have made me come to that personal view point. Life really can seem quite down, I too have had my share of hardships, PTSD, depression, etc. Once you've hit the bottom, you can only go up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join