It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is a semi interesting vid on netflix or block online probly on youtube, called geomancy..Its pretty interesting . Theorizes that the 7 levels of tiers around central american pyramids correspond with the 7 whole notes and the height difference of the tiers as well as studies show a number in the level of height distance was the same a the difference in the tuning vibration from one note to the next... if that makes sense, dont give me hell.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just started tuning my guitar to 432 hz and it sounds way better. I can hear a tone ringing along with the note(if that makes sense). As if you played a harmonic and a note at the same time. It's an acoustic with a cracked body, but harmonics ring forever, and everything just sounds better.

Supposedly 432 is what most stringed instruments are meant to be tuned to. I have no doubt that this could be healing spiritually and physically.
youtu.be...

I'll go play the tritone and let you know how it sounds(can't believe I hadn't thought of this already).

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great thread OP, star and flag!

With regards to Rosalyn chapel, many people believe that the masonic symbols in the architecture are the notes for a song hat was banned in the middle ages. I saw an experiment where a guy got a sheet of thin metal and put sand on top, when he took a violin bow to it, the sand created all different symbols depending on where he bowed. These symbols matched the masonic musical notes. Interesting stuff.

If you have the time check out the guiar skills of David Rawlings he is probably the greatest guitarist in the world at the moment IMO...he uses a lot of flattened fifths when playing....lots of dissonance...makes you think if he sold his soul to the devil...

edit on 9-2-2012 by HallamFoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just found this vid, thought it could be relevant
youtu.be...

I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Stopped listening to almost all rock and metal and my anxiety has went down as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, great, the tuning of instruments is slightly off to accommodate for playing in different keys. What's your point? I'd have to say you're very wrong, this interval is used very common in western music, maybe not what you hear on the radio, but common nonetheless..Black Sabbath.. Hendrix's Purple Haze comes mind..

The tritone sounds dissonant, but it's used in blues a whole lot.. You resolve it by going up to the perfect fifth.. It's a really common blues lick..

I love music, and music theory.. I really want to understand what you're saying..

But what does this interval have anything to do with some of the ridiculous claims this thread has made..?

Channeling dangerous amounts of electricity through the body? Altering the content of alcohol in a bottle of wine by simply focusing on it..? Seeing spirits..?

Dude. What.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Posting to bookmark to read fully later on.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helper39
Stopped listening to almost all rock and metal and my anxiety has went down as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Stopped listening to almost all rock and metal and my anxiety has went down as well. [/quote

same here, it's done wonders. I also enjoy binaural tones, they've done a lot for me too.

link   

Stopped listening to almost all rock and metal and my anxiety has went down as well. [/quote

same here, it's done wonders. I also enjoy binaural tones, they've done a lot for me too.

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Intriguing.... the title immediately caught my eye and after reading the first paragraph I read the rest of the post intently. I never heard about the Devil's Chord... but you're saying that you know what it translates to? So does that mean you know exactly how or for what it's used? And you mention that Western music employs the Devil's Chord; what exactly does this mean for us?

What he said. I'd love to hear the answers to these questions

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkestHour
Ok, great, the tuning of instruments is slightly off to accommodate for playing in different keys. What's your point? I'd have to say you're very wrong, this interval is used very common in western music, maybe not what you hear on the radio, but common nonetheless..Black Sabbath.. Hendrix's Purple Haze comes mind..

The tritone sounds dissonant, but it's used in blues a whole lot.. You resolve it by going up to the perfect fifth.. It's a really common blues lick..

I love music, and music theory.. I really want to understand what you're saying..

But what does interval have anything to do with some of the ridiculous claims this thread has made..?

Channeling dangerous amounts of electricity through the body? Altering the content of alcohol in a bottle of wine by simply focusing on it..? Seeing spirits..?

Dude. What.
edit on 9-2-2012 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

Maybe not dangerous amounts of electricity...but definitely some sort of electricity flowing through the body. Have you ever listened to a song and it's so euphoric and emotional? Music can be so beautiful, and powerful that it can conjure all sorts of thoughts and feelings.

Maybe that's why the interval was banned...they didn't want certain music to influence people and create "impure" thoughts etc....because it was against their precious religion. One of their ways to control the masses, because remember that during that time the church played a huge role in government at the time. Think of the Devil's Interval as a medieval ACTA or SOPA

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

O.K. so then as I studied music theory I discovered a contradiction that is ignored -- and covered-up and this led me (through math and music theory) to discover that the source of sound is consciousness itself.

And I thought it was airwaves pushing the eardrum, generating an electrical impulse that is sent to the brain?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkestHour

I couldn't agree with you more. Any song on the radio is full of tritones. The dominant 7th chord (V) forms a tritone between the third and the seventh. Very, very common and nobody has died playing this (as far as I know)

I'm amazed how many gullible souls frequent this site and are easily impressed with New Age nonsense.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Dm is the saddest of all keys

I personally love the devils tri tone sound especially from the people who really used it in anger. Toni Iomi and the late great Randy Rhodes who popularised the harmonic minor/diminished arp in heavy rock and metal music. Dissonance would have been deemed evil in the past because of ignorance. A bit like flat earthers syndrome I suppose.

I don't like the idea of the devils chord because it is an idea designed to control people and has no bearing in terms of reality. Manipulation by the church in the name of god, more evil has been championed in the name of god than any other subject in the history of the world. I'm an atheist so I do not believe in anything which would damn me for eternity.

The church diatonic modes have some amazing emotive step patterns my favourites are Dorian Aeolian Lydian Phrygian The only major mode in that list is the Lydian mode which has an ethereal weird sound.

The Church likes major sounds I like minor sounds and the devils octave is the greatest of them all imo.

edit on 9-2-2012 by captaincosmic because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Intriguing.... the title immediately caught my eye and after reading the first paragraph I read the rest of the post intently. I never heard about the Devil's Chord... but you're saying that you know what it translates to? So does that mean you know exactly how or for what it's used? And you mention that Western music employs the Devil's Chord; what exactly does this mean for us?

What he said. I'd love to hear the answers to these questions

O.K. in middle school I did a presentation - actually a couple -- on whether rock music is satanic because that was a big deal in the 1980s with "reverse lyrics" etc. and I went to a Christian private school. My position was that it's not satanic. So that's no what I'm talking about here -- I'm talking about something much deeper.

I'm saying that symmetric defined music - not just the tritone but even the octave as symmetric is empirically wrong. Scientifically wrong and therefore morally wrong.

I mean logically wrong as in "logos" -- the original meaning creative fire energy or kundalini energy of the snake master -- Pythagoras (kundalini master).

So Logos is the secret meaning of natural resonance in esoteric Christianity but I'm talking about all of Western music but also all of Western mathematics based on symmetry.

So there is a much deeper transformation going on. I'm talking about the secret of music as practiced by 90% of human history -- the Bushmen culture from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Great thread really enjoy it.............

Some comments from a guy that's been play guitar for too long............(since 64).

Jimi Hendrix used to say that someday music and in its perfect state will be used to heal the body......in the case where some people claim healing from music there can be a physiology base for that........similar to the same with prayer..............and that is the feeling of inspiration from song or prayer can release tremdenous amounts of endomorphine from the brain which can boost the immune system status in the body.......in some cases that boost can retard a diseased or broken condition in the body even reverse it..........Now it doesn't happen for most people but a few will have such a response to the endomophine and immune system build up from the joy of being inspired by such actions...........

Disonnate chords and/or intervals are those in which the vibration does not work in sympathy to the each note played in a plusing nature..........but are creating interferrence patterns like you get when you throw two stones in a pond next to each other and the waves interfer with each other and create all the choppyness you see in the water..............well they create sound waves like that which are violent and choppy which is naturally unpleasant to the body and will vibrate a guitar body more than sympathic vibrations in sync like a 5th or Octave........regardless they have a place in music and are great in blues transitions.....Heavy metal loves to overdo those kind of intervals/chord since with their heavy distortion/overdrive create all kinds of sustain.....

Its interesting to think that quantum theory of higher dimensional reality in physics is based of vibrating strings for all matter, force, space and even time (cause and effect)......I always found that musical view of reality very satisfying.........

It is widely studied that when a chld (around age 9) starts learning a musical instrument that it actually increase the physical size of the brain of cognitive functioning by the time of adulthood...........yet we continue to cut music programs out of most schools today.......

Just some random comments that popped up in my head while enjoying the posts here.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

the harmonic tones where you just touch the string and not depress it, where does that replicate on the strings?

that sound is the key maybe? It sounds like a purer octave than a hard resonance so how would a triune be played there?

manipulation via vibrational frequencies does change matter and its called The Hutchison effect. ( it manipulates a frequency of sound waves I think because he used old radar equipment if I remember that right. )

I'm sure it is here on ATS somewhere

I also heard about sleeping with tones being played... so if an energy field like the brain were stimulated via harmonic resonances it supposedly puts us into gamma state then

That is the higher state of consciousness with lucid dreaming .I think, can't recall.

It is also the state of nirvana in yogi's as well as the states of bliss and communion with God.

... gonna have to read over this thread again, a lot of great understanding in these posts,

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join