It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by buddhasystem

Okay, then does it utilize that frequency? Not evoke, but utilize.

What does? The song? I do not know. Until I have solid evidence that it does, I assume that it does not. It's pretty hard to utilize something that does not exist.

Sound is the most powerful stimulant in existence.

With all due respect to various kinds of music and having spent years in a synthesizer studio creating sounds, I don't think you get out much

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Having introduced the simple concept of the hertz many pages ago, only to have it cluttered beyond discussion by the OP, I'm curious how you are arriving at some of these statements. If the whole world can agree that sound is measured in hertz and hertz at its simplest is 'one vibration cycle per second' (not inverted phase amplitude divided by zero over scrambled eggs of shiva) then let's take a look at this.

I am first confused over your use of the word 'subharmonics'. I know what it means, but I am not sure if we're on the same page. For instance, your statement about the power chord. The power chord, being the root and it's fifth, is indeed special. For example, if the root note is 100hz, the fifth is 150hz. It is easy to see the mathematical relations of the two freqs. The difference would be 50hz which happens to be half the original note, therefore an octave lower. I think this is what you are saying, yes? However, the 50hz isn't so much of a note produced as it is a difference in the two freqs. It is more about perception of the lower note. Much like binaural beats. This is one reason I asked many moons ago for the simple answer to this question: do you believe that an octave is an exact halving or doubling of any given frequency?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Until I have solid evidence that it does, I assume that it does not. It's pretty hard to utilize something that does not exist.

How are you not selling, I dunno, books or something with all of that precious information that you're not sharing?

Or maybe you just pretend to know everything so you can go on and ridicule threads based on interesting concepts without contributing the least bit of HELPFUL information.

With all due respect to various kinds of music and having spent years in a synthesizer studio creating sounds, I don't think you get out much

This in response to my belief that sound is an extremely powerful stimulant? Ever seen them play "We Are The Champions" at hockey games? National anthem? All of the theme music for sports? All of the hip hop artists and people who fall asleep listening to nature music?

And you tell me I don't get out much. Guess you've never been to school or to a football game. Or even a bar. Yeah, and I don't get out much. Sure sounds like it.

You should stop trolling this thread and either contribute something meaningful, or move on. You aren't doing anything here except aggravating fellow users.
edit on 4-6-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

. . . aggravating fellow users.

Apparently, that is BS's raison d'etre. Seems to give him great pleasure.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Or maybe you just pretend to know everything so you can go on and ridicule threads based on interesting concepts without contributing the least bit of HELPFUL information.

I answered this already, please care to read the posts. It's not me who's pretending to know a lot of unusual esoteric stuff. I'm not making stupid Mr.Know-All pronouncements like "sound produces electricity in body's collagen that is ionizing nerves", or that humans in state of s3xual repression become sources of radio waves. If you have an issue with people who pretend to know, your attitude should be directed elsewhere.

You should stop trolling this thread and either contribute something meaningful, or move on.

I'm not taking orders (feel free to extrapolate what I just said).

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Then do tell us what YOUR take on this whole topic is?

Or maybe you'd prefer to continue poking holes instead of patching them...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Just a heads up B.S.er blatantly misquoted me and ostensibly did his best to misunderstand Persinger's research on ELF brain waves resonating with geomagnetic storms

So you're just wasting your time in my opinion -- the mods got on him early on in that thread and the mods have had to intervene with B.S.er in this thread also.

Avoid the B.S.er at all costs is all I can recommend to you as his intentions have been documented in public now -- he intentionally misquotes people and intentionally misunderstands just to "get a rise" out of people to suck off their energy.

So understand what's going on here -- you're energy is being sucked off and he will continue to do so using whatever lies and confusion are necessary. He's just playing people on ATS.

It's kind of like James Randi being outed with his illegal gay housemate -- the whole time James Randi pretending to be some "rationalist" when he used his illegal gay housemate to trick people.

Just putting things into perspective for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

I know, I just don't like having to read it. I'm convinced this guy could be constructive if he wants to, and that it might be helpful...I'm trying to learn from him, but all he does is annoy me.

I'm trying.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Then do tell us what YOUR take on this whole topic is?
Or maybe you'd prefer to continue poking holes instead of patching them...

I don't have to poke holes in anything. You can't really poke holes through emptiness, which in this case is complete absence of thought, which was substituted by an extreme exercise in metaphysics and thick layers of verbiage which make no sense. By the same token, there is nothing to "patch".

When I hear that human thought is a "coherent electromagnetic form", I have little to choice but to inquire why, in what way and how precisely. There are no answers to any of that. Likewise, when one says "quantum frequency", I must point out that this makes not an iota of sense. Some things that Full of Lotus said are a bit creepy but still crack me up, like that part where older men project their "laser-love" onto younger boys. How exactly do you want me to "patch" that?

If you personally don't care about basic hygiene of mental process, that's your choice. Some people aren't good at brushing teeth. I just thought I'd point out for everyone else's benefit that's it's a good idea to keep clean.

edit on 4-6-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Did you really write this?

Infinite wavelength = infinite amplitude so you have infinite phase amplitude

Anyway you can explain briefly how a wavelength can be "infinite"? That is illogical.

In what universe does wavelength correlate to amplitude such as you have stated here? You can't be using standard definitions for infinite, wavelength or amplitude.

How did phase enter your equation other than by decree?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Kind like there are big rocks and small rocks. But energy is everywhere, so prove that a wave cannot be infinite.

It's not like our physics today is absolutely correct. In fact, this is only one dimension. So what makes you right? You've memorized all the stuff we've found out about this reality, the here and now?

Okay. Wait 50 years. We'll see what happens then.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
Frequency is a Western term already assuming sound as spatial distance.

Well, you just introduced a brand-new and rather nonsensical definition of frequency. What does sound and space have to do with frequency, which is a rather general and well-defined term? But you are not the only one to give in to temptation to sound scientific and important. Once again this is a quote from a great blog

The word "frequency" always acts like a red flag to me, as it is for some reason a word woo-woos like a lot, and throw about in absurd ways despite its having a rigid, and not especially thrilling, definition in the scientific world (three others are "energy," "vibration," and "field").

Right on!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Did you really write this?

Infinite wavelength = infinite amplitude so you have infinite phase amplitude

Anyway you can explain briefly how a wavelength can be "infinite"? That is illogical.

In the rest frame of the particle, it does not move. Hence, formally, it's wavelength can be said to be infinite. Of course, it has no relation of any sort of amplitude.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's not like our physics today is absolutely correct.

If in the future what we call a wave turns out to not be a wave then so be it. For here and now words have meanings and those who are attempting to communicate honestly use words according to their definitions.

Now I'm all ears, can you explain a wave of infinite length? What might its freq be? How often would a wave cycle if it DOESN"T CYCLE??? If it doesn't have a length then how would it function as a WAVE???
And that's just for starters. I'm waiting...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

OK I can see that as technically correct for a particle in rest frame but he's talking about moving EM and sound waves as having infinite phase amplitude. Can that be supported? I'm certainly not an expert by any means but this appears to be complete fiction.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

OK I can see that as technically correct for a particle in rest frame but he's talking about moving EM and sound waves as having infinite phase amplitude.

This really sounds like word soup to me. In wave propagation, there is an amplitude in a given point. The actual value of the oscillating variable will depend on time, which may include phase offset.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
amplitudes are infinite at the centersreply to post by DenyObfuscation

An infinite # of wave trains with different frequencies wave numbers and amplitude is required for an isolated group of arbitrary shape.

Wave Properties of Particles De Broglie waves pdf

If we assume that the oscillating field is present inside the particle then the
corresponding oscillating electromagnetic field (standing waves) have to be in vacuum that
surrounds the particle. It is easy to show that the energy of this vacuum electromagnetic field
will be infinite. Though, it is possible (see(2)) that in vacuum only standing waves of the scalar
potential take care of the necessary boundary conditions....We are coming to the conclusion that a stationary motion of a particle can only be possible if it is accompanied by a corresponding standing wave of a dummy generator (we can call it De- Broglie's wave) that satisfies the conditions: to be finite everywhere and to be zero at infinity. These conditions lead to the quantization of the total energy of the particle. This conclusion implies that there exists some interaction between the stationary moving electron and De- Broglie's standing wave. When the electron jumps from one energy level to another the standing wave changes and provides assistance in transferring energy from electron to photon (or back).

Reinterpretation of De-Broglie Particle-Wave Relation pdf

The resonance is composed of a spherical IN wave which converges to the center and an OUT wave which diverges from the center. Their separate amplitudes are infinite at the centers. When combined, the two waves form a standingwave which has a finite amplitude at the center. The standing wave is the structure of the electron. The inward and outward waves provide communication with other matter of the universe. Spin of the electron is a result of the reversal of the IN wave at the center to become the OUT wave.

Milo Wolff's website on de Broglie's standing wave

We think of the spike as having infinite amplitude but infinitesimal duration, so that its energy is finite; we shall find that it is a very important waveform indeed.

The Continuous Amplitude Spectrum
edit on 4-6-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Kind like there are big rocks and small rocks. But energy is everywhere, so prove that a wave cannot be infinite.

Infinite in what sense?

This is woefully vague, and yet not vague enough to be correct.

Consider light striking a water surface at an angle above critical. Light bounces. It doesn't cross the boundary. Ergo, the wave here is not infinite.

This is a completely random example, by the way. It can't hurt thinking of real life scenarios before making pompous pronouncements about rocks and infinity.

edit on 4-6-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join