It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Perhaps lack of skill in channeling energy through the body?

Practice makes perfect.

edit on 29-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Perhaps lack of skill in channeling energy through the body?
Practice makes perfect.

I'd rather behave in a natural way, and channel stuff like mother Nature intended. I agree with you that it can be extremely unhealthy to practice all that weird sh!t like Full of Lotus is suggesting. From what I see, it results in "brain zaps", as one person described it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I love this thread and am excited to post some info here that may help some.

Richard Merrick is an award-winning pioneer in the high-tech industry, developing sound- and language-recognition systems, graphics and animation engines, and AI game engines designed to mirror and mimic human behavior. He retired in 2006 to further develop his theory of music perception, called harmonic interference theory.

The Venus Blueprint
www.redicecreations.com...

"The Venus Blueprint: Uncovering the Ancient Science of Sacred Spaces". The book presents evidence that the orbital resonance pattern of Venus was used as a "temple template" to design psychoacoustical chambers capable of focusing and controlling entheogenic communion. The book has been released just in time for the Venus Transit of June 5-6th, 2012. This special event will not occur again until another 105 years.

I hope this is helpful to anyone researching this theory.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by ThoughtForms

The frequency of the musical drum head is at the low ELF frequency as well and then the drumming tempo is also at 7 to 15 hertz. So both the frequency and the time of the drum then synchronize the heart-mind to the deep consciousness trance frequency, as discovered experimentally by Dr. Andrew Neher. “In 'A Physiological Explanation of Unusual Behavior in Ceremonies Involving Drums,' Human Biology, 1962, Dr. Andrew Neher suggested the predominant sound frequency in most trance drumming is about seven to nine beats per second. And independent analyses of a wide sampling of trance drumming from Asia, North and West African and black American cultures, conducted by students at Bowdoin College, under the direction of this writer, point to a range of approximately seven to 13 beats per second.”691

691 Robert Palmer, “Trance Music: The Beat of a Different Drum...Drum...Drum...” Mother Jones, June 1977.

one drum is not all drums. every drum thats not manufacted in a factory by machines would differ slightly. even the machine made ones would. the reference you post sites a specific ceremony involving specific drums. the information you took from this reference was used incorrectly and therefore you did not answer the other persons question properly same problem throughout this whole thread. still repeating old patterns I see drew. good luck with that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by ThoughtForms

The frequency of the musical drum head is at the low ELF frequency

Just wanted to add that this is patently false. I used to have a decent home studio in the past and studied plenty of drum samples as well as recorded a lot of those myself. I do have a small drum collection, too. There is nothing "ELF" about drum sounds, this is bullsh!t.

You can also look it up on the web, this has been discussed many times in musician's circles. As this link demonstrates, even for the kick drum (the largest in the kit) the fundamental frequency is like 30Hz (which is in no way ELF), and the actual power output peaks at 150Hz. For smaller drums, this will scale up.

Debunked.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The D10E-DA is a high output INFRA(tm) subwoofer system designed to provide high fidelity extended low frequency audio reproduction from a relatively small enclosure. The D10EDA provides perfectly flat response down to 8Hz when used in conjunction with the 8Hz Integrator: The D10E-DA is loaded with a pair of full-sized 10” subwoofers.

8 hertz subwoofers

Most people cannot hear music in this range, but you can feel it, and you can feel the difference between 20hz and 40 hz when the signal is clear and free of clipping. The Infra processor is available in two forms. The first one has a flat response down to 18hz, the second one to 8hz. 18hz is much more efficient for larger systems. If you have an extra 20k to burn, then go for the 8hz integrator and (4) dual 18's.

Feel the dub

I can and have heard reproduced signals down to 3hz.

So to summarize: Bag End pro subs with the ELF controller do not claim to reach 8 Cycles Per Second. Never have and (hopefully) never will. I'd even go so far as to suggest that any pro gear that does operate at 8 CPS is probably being used for torture (oops, make that 'enhanced interrogation') or brainwave entrainment of some sort.

Yep watch out for that Dub-Step - some serious stuff.

An old FOH trick the big boys used: Putting a sub-harmonic harmonizer on the kick drums to get more "oomph".

Ah the drum subharmonic secrets

The kick drum can benefit greatly from this type of processing. A subharmonic synthesizer (or "synth" as it is known in the industry) creates a bigger presence and can give the music that much sought after "punch".

yep

Of course I was referring to nonwestern African drumming -- but there you go.
edit on 31-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Now you are telling me that primitive tribal cultures have access to sophisticated synthesized drums that would go down to a few Hz frequency level, and a kW source of electricity in the jungle to power some of the fanciest subwoofers (plus a wad of cash needed to buy one). I've never seen these in National Geographic magazines.

Sure.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

SkinKick is a lot more vague and busy because of the number of resonators on it... again, you get it free with SynKick, in case it comes in handy. I would use it to reinforce any huge tribal drum effect, tuning it to drop a fair bit and to sound a sub-harmonic of the real drum. This would produce a way more convincing huge tribal drum sound than other methods like octave dividing or triggering an ordinary sample- you can sense the resonations are less predictable than a repeating sample, but since there are so many resonators the attack is blurry and SkinKick is probably best for reinforcing something more distinct.

huge tribal drum effect

Yep the subharmonics are attempting to copy the original tribal drum subharmonics

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

SkinKick is a lot more vague and busy because of the number of resonators on it... again, you get it free with SynKick, in case it comes in handy. I would use it to reinforce any huge tribal drum effect, tuning it to drop a fair bit and to sound a sub-harmonic of the real drum. This would produce a way more convincing huge tribal drum sound than other methods like octave dividing or triggering an ordinary sample- you can sense the resonations are less predictable than a repeating sample, but since there are so many resonators the attack is blurry and SkinKick is probably best for reinforcing something more distinct.

huge tribal drum effect

Yep the subharmonics are attempting to copy the original tribal drum subharmonics

You are talking about the artistic impression of a drum sound, and enhancing the "presence" of the sound, such as described here. I've done all sorts of weird stuff with sounds myself. At one point I owned 23 synthesizers and a 48 channel mixing board, 8 channel 24-bit sound card plus innumerable FX units. It doesn't mean anything in terms of proving that there is considerable acoustic emission at 7Hz produced by the actual tribal drums. I'll believe it when I see the actual spectrum taken with respectable hardware, until then it continues to be what it always was in this thread with all that esoteric stuff: blah blah blah blah. And blah blah blah blah blah.

And by the way that cool sound of a space cruiser in your favorite ambient composition was not recorded off the actual space cruiser.

There is some music on last.fm
edit on 31-5-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You really have to see one of these performances live to really get the full affect. The drumming is so loud and deep you can feel it in your chest and you would not believe the energy you get from the feeling. I saw something like this when I went to Disney land and afterwards I felt like i could do anything I had so much energy!

however, i think you have to see them live to appreciate how loud these drums are. the big horizontal drum, you can really feel that one in your guts. they can perform for thousands of people without any amplification, ive never seen them do a concert that wasnt unplugged and without amplification.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I've seen and heard this type of drums personally on many occasions (yes, I did travel to Japan a few times). So?

a) these are not tribal drums, why do you bother to post??? Another non sequitur.
b) no evidence that even these have emission at 7Hz, but in any case see (a)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

According to myth, taiko was started by Ame no Uzume, a shaman-like female deity. One day, fed up with her cruel younger brother, the sun goddess, Amaterasu, hid herself in a cave. The world became pitch dark and the other deities tried to appease Amaterasu, so that world be bright again. They held a big party in front of the cave and Ame no Uzume danced an erotic dance, stamping her feet on a wooden tub. The gods laughed and cheered loudly and the noise provoked Amaterasu to come out her cave. And thus, the world saw light again. The taiko has been the roundest drum in the world as said as world records 1999. The various drums of taiko are of Chinese origin and were brought to Japan between the Yayoi period (500 BC - 300 AD). Along with the martial use of the drums, they also held a strong foundation in the court style music called Gagaku, performed in the castles and shrines across ancient Japan. Gagaku alone is one of the oldest styles of court music that is still being played in the world today.

tribes of japan

O.K. so they are tribal drums played in modern Japan.

Obviously they have subharmonics going into the theta brain wave range because of how the sound is felt by people and also the size of the drums. In other words the heart and lower body resonance is also the theta brain resonance.

Now also if Japan and China had drums with way lower frequency then a bass drum of a drum kit -- then it's most likely that Africa and India and also the Americas also had big drums producing frequencies lower than a drum kit bass drum.

Nope you're not going to find tribes playing a drum kit like a Western rock band. haha. I mean not the original nonwestern tribal drums. You said a kick drum has a 30 hertz. Obviously these drums are way bigger than a kick drum and so obviously the frequency is way lower than 30 hertz.

Do Western rock bands try to mimick these tribal drums using 8 hertz and sometimes even lower waves? Yes I have proven this is true.

You can claim otherwise but the evidence is against you -- unless you actually test those tribal drums to prove they don't produce 7 hertz waves then the testimony and size of the drums show otherwise.

High power sound waves below 20 Hz are felt in the body, not heard by the ear as sound

Effects of 6-10 Hz ELF on Brain Waves | Journal of Borderland ... journal.borderlands.com/1999/effects-of-6-10-hz-elf-on-brain-waves/ There is evidence that ELF magnetic waves can affect brain waves. ... Would they like me more because they felt “good” when they were around me? .... a “tightness” in the chest and another subject reported a “tightness” in the stomach.

O.K. the people listening to the taiko drum report feeling it in the chest and the gut and that exactly fits the 6 to 10 hertz range.

So these huge drums were tribal war drums because the low frequency produces fear in the gut and can even cause people to lose control of their bowels.

Here's the Ashtani tribal war drums -- much bigger than a kick drum so with harmonics much lower than 30 hertz.

The photo of the drum shown in this vid is as big as the taiko tribal drums -- but only in Africa.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

O.K. so they are tribal drums played in modern Japan.

They were brought to Japan from China:

The various drums of taiko are of Chinese origin and were brought to Japan between the Yayoi period

If you look at info about this period, it hardly qualifies as "tribal", as the society was quite advanced. What's more, it has absolutely nothing to do with the reference being questioned here, which seems to cover plenty of cultures that have never heard of, or seen, a single Taiko drum. So the status remains: irrelevant.

Obviously they have subharmonics going into the theta brain wave range because of how the sound is felt by people and also the size of the drums.

You assign the "obvious" characteristic to almost anything. Nothing is obvious. You will feel the sound of the ordinary kick drum all right. You will feel lots of stuff at a concert. Yes, there are pressure gradients. Yawn.

Now also if Japan and China had drums with way lower frequency then a bass drum of a drum kit -- then it's most likely that Africa and India and also the Americas also had big drums producing frequencies lower than a drum kit bass drum.

Another conjecture with no foundation in reality, as usual.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yaoyoi Period c. BC 300- AD 300 Queen Pimiko Queen Pimiko Japan first appears in the historical records of China in about 300 BC. In those records the inhabitants of Japan were known as the “Wa.” The records tell of a Queen named Pimiko (Himiko) who had a tribal domain in the southwest areas of Honshu and Kyushu. According to the accounts she lived in a hill-top fortress and was waited upon by 1,000 young women. Her brother handled communications outside the walls, acting as a sort of regent. The queen may have had a dual role as a type of shaman with links to the spirit world. It is not known if she was related to the gods. Eventually, Japanese emperors would trace descent directly to the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu, who along with her brother, were instrumental in the creation story of Japan.

a tribal domain

The origin of the drum is from the tribal queen of Japan who was traced to the Sun Goddess origin of the tribal drum

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

pressure gradients? So suddenly common sense is out the window now that your debunking claim has proven to have no evidence -- as usual?

So you now think a kick drum is similar to a drum about 10 times the size? haha.

That's just your "feeling" though right?

O.K. you can keep your feelings but no one can ignore the size difference nor the reports of the people attending the drumming which makes a kick drum look miniscule.

The quoted reports of these huge drums exactly fit the reports for a Theta brain wave body experience.

So now the onus is on you B.S.er -- produce a "kick drum" listening report of similar theta wave body experiences. Time for you to produce some evidence.

Hilarious.

30 hertz for a kick drum.

A drum 10 times as big.

Pressure gradients of dubious feelings.

haha.

Yep that's a kick drum.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You quoted a reference to "tribal drums". There was nothing about taiko drums in it, you had to bring this in. You just had to. Did you ever see a taiko in a tribal initiation ceremony? I strongly doubt it.

I personally have no idea what portion of total power is emitted in the Hz range by a taiko drum, but as I heard them personally, it can't be much. Infrasound can indeed have effects on humans (sometimes dramatic and quite negative), but the drummers always seemed on top of their game and in good spirits. And it just sounded... Like a drum!

You are just making things up as you go, to suit your taste for metaphysics. Oh well.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Thanks for proving me right. These are normal sized drums and the sound is not deeper than kick. I salute you for your admission of being wring.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You didn't watch the video! The drum shown in the video is not at all normal -- it's at least 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide.

It's a photo of an African drum.

So now I've shown Asian tribal drums, African tribal drums, Native American tribal drums -- all way bigger than a 30 hertz kick drum.

War drums -- for the specific reason that infrasound frequency produces the lower body and chest vibrations.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I did watch the video, none of the drums were 4 feet in diameter.

OK, there was one.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join