It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The band TOOL have been interested in this sacred geometry for a long time. They wrote this song in a spiraling in and out motion on the drum kit, non-chorus lyrics written in the Fibonacci sequence, and are very inspired by visual artists Alex Grey and Meats Meier.

I'm not sure if this, in any way, contributes to the thread, but this is all I understand about how the Fibonacci sequence can be used in music theory.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
The foundation of physics is not based on amplitude which is a classical measurement but instead on frequency as quantum energy.

Now ladies and gentlemen, this is a classic example of word soup. Frequency as quantum energy? What the heck?

Tons and tons of substance in your reply, thanks.

Begone, troll.

You are addressing me incorrectly, but regardless, I'm waiting for your explanation of how human thought is a "coherent electromagnetic form" and how it's all connected to "quantum frequency" via the "spacetime vortex", which is all based on Devil'a Chord and governed by "sacred geometry". Coz that's the topic of the thread. If you don't have anything to say on these subjects, it's best to keep mum.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Try studying this stuff:

Noetics

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Try studying this stuff:

Noetics

That's an interesting site, thanks! However, I didn't find any explanation there, regarding the "coherent electromagnetic form" as the essence of human being, and how "quantum frequency" is related to "space time vortex of consciousness". So I assume that these notions are well, idiotic fabrications.

edit on 18-5-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Nice -- I would say the secret of that song is that the drum frequency is 7 hertz -- the low frequency then resonates with the heart mind of a person - using the syncopated rhythm. Then with the power chords of the guitar and strong bass emphasis -- so it achieves amplification not through decibels but through the low frequency resonance.

This is relaxing and trance inducing.

The Fibonacci series in music was the focus of Erno Lendvai's book on Bela Bartok -- dismissed by mainstream musciologists -- but then others have made similar claims about other musicians using the Fibonacci series. The mainstream musicologists don't like it as it reduces their music theory to a simpler formula -- contrary to their supposed sophisticated analyses.

Actually the simpler is the more powerful and so the 2/3 harmonic as non-commutative can be considered part of the Fibonacci series but it's not necessary -- the real meaning is that the sound does not line up with the symmetric geometry using left-brain phonetic symbols.

That's another thing is that the lyrics of that Tool song are basically metaphysical -- with the emphasis not on material reality but on words as mystical meaning.

This type of thinking of course gets dismissed by mainstream society as insane or lunacy, etc. Actually the real power of music is with gibberish words as the Bushmen culture used -- language is a form of Darwinian Deception as anthropologist Chris Knight points out and language is tied to the lunar menstruation synchronization of females.

The real meaning of music is beyond words -- but unfortunately a lot of people when they listen to music have to cling to the meaning of the words, desperate to hold on to their left brain dominant reality. haha. Or else they desperately need to analyze or criticize the music based on left-brain standards -- oh that was good music if it was in tune to Western standards without "wrong notes." etc. haha. Whereas the real meaning of music is to break those boundaries and to induce a blissful love trance state.

So that was even subversive about the piano because it used loudness as dynamics of volume for the first time in a keyboard instrument and this enabled greater emotional connection -- and so it was the secret tool of the Pietist movement in Germany -- the women using the piano to go into a trance state. You find these female subversive trance music movements all over the world -- like in Islam there is a trance movement in Africa called the Zar -- it is "haram" and used by the females for healing. The origins of Islam is in the lunar matrifocal culture -- the "black stone" --- is the Cosmic Mother as formless awareness.

edit on 19-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Actually the simpler is the more powerful and so the 2/3 harmonic as non-commutative can be considered part of the Fibonacci series

Non-commutative WHAT?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Either you have a hearing problem or you haven't read the thread -- either way -- good luck troll.

Or come on, the Pompous One. You have no idea yourself what you mean by "commutative harmonics". It just sounds scientific for those unfortunate souls w.o education, who happen to visit ATS once in a while. They will slurp up most of the word soup that you care to dish out, but just like with "amplitude intensity", your commutative harmonics belong in the toxic dump and not in intelligent discussion.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

show us all how you arrived at the conclusion that the drums are of a frequency of 7hz.

and in which contest - e.g. pitch, rhythm...what... ?

until you do that the rest of your post means jack all.

didn't think I'd come back to this thread but I was suprised to see it still moving... I thought it had died ages ago..
-TF

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Err...for your 7 Hz theory to work you need to listen to the song through some speakers that will reproduce so low frequencies. Most commercial speakers have a frequency range starting around 80Hz, some go as low as 20-30Hz, practically imperceptible for the human ear. Anything below that range is left out, and thus has no effect on the listener.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

The frequency of the musical drum head is at the low ELF frequency as well and then the drumming tempo is also at 7 to 15 hertz. So both the frequency and the time of the drum then synchronize the heart-mind to the deep consciousness trance frequency, as discovered experimentally by Dr. Andrew Neher. “In 'A Physiological Explanation of Unusual Behavior in Ceremonies Involving Drums,' Human Biology, 1962, Dr. Andrew Neher suggested the predominant sound frequency in most trance drumming is about seven to nine beats per second. And independent analyses of a wide sampling of trance drumming from Asia, North and West African and black American cultures, conducted by students at Bowdoin College, under the direction of this writer, point to a range of approximately seven to 13 beats per second.”691

691 Robert Palmer, “Trance Music: The Beat of a Different Drum...Drum...Drum...” Mother Jones, June 1977.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

. . . the real meaning is that the sound does not line up with the symmetric geometry using left-brain phonetic symbols.

Does this screenshot from the .pdf of "INTERFERENCE: A Grand Scientific Musical Theory" by Richard Merrick capture what you're saying? The figure on the right showing the gap?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

What does this have to do with the question TF asked you:

show us all how you arrived at the conclusion that the drums are of a frequency of 7hz. and in which contest - e.g. pitch, rhythm...what... ?

Look at what you said:

Nice -- I would say the secret of that song is that the drum frequency is 7 hertz -- the low frequency then resonates with the heart mind of a person - using the syncopated rhythm.

So what's the secret in the Tool song, 7Hz or 7 beats per second? The quote from Robert Palmer does not indicate 7Hz frequency

What does 691 represent in the footnote for your source in the post?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

You should remember from reading the thread -- the footnotes are from my book linked in the OP.

Here's more (googlebooks review link) on Dr. Andrew Neher -- he recorded the EEG of brains on drum beats

Exploring Shamanism: Using Ancient Rites to Discover the Unlimited Healing ... By Hillary S. Webb

More on Dr. Andrew Neher -- he found that the drumming created flashes of light in people's brains -- google quickview doc

Rhythm is just slowed down frequency -- but I was referring to the frequency being lower while the rhythm was syncopated. I'm not saying it was specifically 7 Hertz -- it's just that's the effect of the lower frequency. There is a nonlinear feedback -- so higher frequency has more "beats" which creates a lower frequency subharmonic -- and this is the most common cause of the "tingles" from sound energy imo aka frisson.
edit on 20-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

thks-- I downloaded the book -- Richard says the "gap" was a "major embarrassment" to the Pythagoreans. He's just repeated the standard lies about Pythagoreans without really having studied Pythagorean philosophy. He should read peterkingsley.com... first.

Secondly my Archytas research proves that the irrational number was created by Eudoxus, the student of Archytas and Archytas -- based on Philolaus who was a low level Pythagorean, not a real initiate. So that's how the lies started -- the real Pythagoreans spent nine years in silence meditating.

So the lies are based on Pythagoreans saying "all is number" when the Pythagoreans stated "all is number and harmony" - so they weren't fixated on geometry and embarrassed about something as is claimed -- that is a cover-up projection by Archtyas, Plato and Aristotle.

Richard mentions Pherekydos, a teacher of Pythagoras So those three elements -- fire, water and air -- are actually the secrets of alchemy with fire as the heart spirit energy -- holographic laser light -- and air as the electromagnetic energy -- prana or chi and water as the electrochemical energy, the neurohormones called kundalini or jing energy in China.

So the way to really understand the Pythagoreans is to study nonwestern philosophy -- not the ramblings and misunderstandings of Plato and Aristotle.

More details from this biography on Pythagoras - googlereview link

I'm not sure what Richard means about the stack of perfect fifths not quite making a pentagram -- he doesn't give any source and I can't find any source on that. I have never come across this and I've read tons of Pythagorean books, etc. so I think Richard is simply referring to the difference between the Pythagorean Perfect fifth as 1.5 and the Golden Ratio as 1.618. The logic is faulty because this is not the same as the difference between the octaves and the fifths based on the Comma of Pythagoras. Richard is assuming that the Pythagorean pentagram could have been solved as the golden ratio by using a logarithmic math. In that case the major sixth as 8:5, Fibonacci Ratio is the complementary opposite of the major third 5:4 which was then converted to the cube root of two, logarithmic by Archytas. I give the math for this in my research.

So Richard's logic on the Pentagram not quite being created by the circle of fifths -- since the Pentagram is inherently irrational is not quite true - there's a difference between "sacred geometry" -- a pentagram -- and using irrational numbers to measure the pentagram. Stephen Hawking goes into the difference giving, for example, the Indian proof for the square root of two using divide and average number and sacred geometry -- in his book God Created the Integers.

Here's a fascinating article on the Pythagorean pentagram

So this is just like Taoist philosophy -- from the three then comes the five elements theory for maintaining health of the body as harmony of the five main organs - liver, lungs, heart, pancreas and kidneys. So there are emotions and colors for each organ and also a sound for each organ. But again no golden ratio which is a contrived creation of those who did not really understand true Pythagorean philosophy.

O.K. I'm reading through the rest of Richard's book -- definitely fascinating although I disagree. He argues that the major sixth is the most consonant ratio -- so I looked into his claim - and it's based on the same reasoning that Archytas used - go figure:

However, determinations of consonance are based on the ideal, and an ideally tuned acoustic minor 6th has a frequency ratio of 5:8. The practical meaning of that ratio is that there is a potential agreement between the 8th partial of the lower note and the 5th partial of the upper one. This is the exact inverse of the acoustically exact major third, ratio 5:4. These two have about the same sense of consonance whether upside-down or not; both are present simultaneously in purely tuned consonant major triad if you add an octave to the root. That chord's notes all seem to reinforce each other and it sounds smooth and strong. So a minor sixth shares the consonance of the major third.

Again this assumes a logarithmic tuning already -- the ratios are "idealized" as simple ratios but in fact it relies on symmetric commutative logic that already assumes an irrational number!! This is the great secret I revealed in chapter two of my book. So the logic is spurious because it's based on an enharmonic tuning -- using equal-tempered tuning to be able to change keys as a symmetric value and that really is the focus of Richard's work - he never questions this basic Western tuning lie against natural harmonics.

So then he overlays a Pythagorean 3:4:5 triangle onto the spectral analysis with the convergance as the major sixth gap -- this is just contrived on his part -- there's no real alignment going on. But when he says the Pythagorean triangle contains the Perfect Fifth, Major Third and Major Sixth -- he is revealing exactly the logic of Archytas as the Pythagorean triangle has to rely on an irrational solution for the square root of two -- in other words the commutative irrational logic is assumed. This is not the real meaning of the Pythagorean Tetrad as 1:2:3:4 with the Perfect Fifth and Octave not lining up due to non-commutative logic -- so again Richard is pulling the same Archytas cover-up lie about Pythagoras.

O.K. yeah so then he's converting this "divide and average" ratios like 5:4 and 5:3 into irrational numbers for the equal-tempered tuning system -- but this ignores again the original issue of the Perfect Fifth and Octave not lining up -- the issue is not to attempt to "contain" that gap using irrational geometry. The solution for Pythagoras was that the harmonics continue infinitely as energy transduction -- no longer as sound -- but as sonoluminescence and sonofusion. Richard has missed this fundamental secret of the Pythagoreans. the Orthodox Pythagoreans only used the Tetrad for music tuning -- not the 3:4:5 triangle as Richard incorrectly claims - that was Archytas.

Yeah then Richard says the equal-tempered tuning is not man-made but a primoridal property of sound. That's hilarious. It was first made by Archytas and it's not found in all nonwestern cultures -- so it's obviously man-made. Shame on Richard for promoting eurocentric neocolonialism. haha.

So when he goes on and on about color octaves, etc. this is standard Roscicrucean propaganda but never shows how to make this happen. In fact the training is based on non-commutative harmonics! That's why Richard doesn't know -- you can find the training in the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality -- the 12 notes of the scale as the infinite spiral of fifths -- not as a closed contained geometry.

Oh wait Richard does give a reference when mentioning again the circle of fifths and the pentagram -- this Harmonograph book is scribd Yeah so the author says the first five fifths create the pentatonic scale and the rotating fifths create the pentagram harmonograph. No mention of the golden ratio though in relation to the pentagram though.

O.K. I noticed Richard using the phrase "breaking open the head" and he thanks Daniel Pinchbeck in his opening so I went onto the Breaking Open the Head forum for Daniel's first book - BOTH and I searched Richard Merrick and then I found someone referring me (as I posted on that forum) to a Richard merrick article on realitysandwich where I currently post...

So then I found this by Richard:

"Using this as a hypothesis, I decided to find a way to measure resonance and damping in the Vitruvian model. To do this, I overlaid a lattice of right-angled standing waves on the Vitruvian figure. When I scaled the lattice such that the circle radius was exactly equal to 2Pi, I was surprised to find that the proportion between the circle and square could be expressed very simply as Pi : (Phi ^ 2), or Pi divided by the square of the golden ratio. Could this be pure coincidence? "While both of these mathematical constants are irrational and infinite, the ratio between them can be seen to converge to the rational ratio 12:10 as 3.14159 / 2.618033 ≈ 1.2. The moment I saw this, I realized that harmonics really could account for our body structure.

So is squaring the circle essentially the irrational difference between the 60-based number system (Babylon) and the 10-based number system (Greece)? Yeah I think so -- again this is the Golden Ratio as Freemasonry from Archytas who relied on using Babylonian math and Vedic philosophy -- commutative - the Zoroastrians and Vedics are complementary opposites...

Ok I found Richard's shark archetype of the cycle of fifths to be quaint -- I immediately tried that out on the piano. This is the closest to my theory but Richard closes it off into a geometric image of a shark and then suggests cycles of other intervals would be the formation of other animals. haha.

edit on 20-5-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Merrick has an active Facebook page "InterferenceTheory.com" where you could post comments if you're a member.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Trolling.

It's not my trolling, it's your patent inability to explain away the terrible silly word soup that you have concocted, here's one example:

Actually the simpler is the more powerful and so the 2/3 harmonic as non-commutative can be considered part of the Fibonacci series

And that's that. There are sadly people who swallow this nonsense, but not everyone lacks critical thinking. And in that case, not much is needed to discern how gratuitously nonsensical that stuff is.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Yeah I figured he would find my comments maybe by google alert or googling his name.

I'm not on facebook.

But I really don't expect to "change" anyone with words because this is about worldviews which are basically hard-wired by puberty for people.

So posting online is a way for me to test my own views -- get critical feedback, etc. I did the qigong training based on my own music research. the qigong training validated my own research but also took it to a deeper more radical level. Unless someone does the mind-body transformation training they are not going to understand what I am saying. Some people might be interested in doing the meditation training though based on what I've said -- I've had about half a dozen people do that over 10 years of posting online. So it's a pretty rare phenomenon. I've had several people actually get phone healings or go see qigong master Chunyi Lin -- if people don't do that then they have no idea what they are missing.

So it's really amazing what true spiritual reality has to offer -- the paranormal energy, the love, the healing -- but real energy masters are very rare. I can only recommend half a dozen people and even of that list only a couple are in the U.S. permanently while a few others visit the U.S.

The West is pretty much a lost cause in terms of spirituality so there's tons of fake science spirituality stuff out there -- Richard's is just another example. Just in music theory there's tons of bizarre numerology theories by professional music theorists using advanced number theory, etc. Richard references a few of those theories and then creates his own -- so that's his milieu.

Richard's not really using quantum physics -- only the classical conversion of quantum physics so he doesn't even touch on the non-commutative time-frequency uncertainty principle in quantum physics. His foundation is wrong as it's still based on classical physics -- a common error even for the science-minded folks.

So he's created his own vast mythology of math and science -- my theory is very simple yet very radical - the perfect fifth and perfect fouth music intervals are non-commutative and so real sound resonates infinitely. That's it -- no one has to know any intellectual theory -- the natural harmonic series is non-commutative because it diverges. O.K. bird songs are based on the natural harmonic series -- baby lullabies heal babies because they use the Perfect Fifth pentatonic ratios. Nothing more is needed -- no fancy science theories, etc.

"So our study showed the heart rate went down more than twice as much after the heel stick if they got music than if they didn't," said Tramo. "In the realm of measurements we make, more than twice as much is a big effect." Which Lullabies Work Best? There is also evidence that premature babies exposed to music may actually get out of intensive care sooner. "There's some terrific data that's been published in nursing journals," said Tramo. "And what their data show thus far is babies gain weight faster and stay in the intensive care unit environment shorter time if they are receiving some kind of calibrated structured sound, vis a vis music." But why a lullaby? Why not something edgier, like Guns N' Roses? "The rhythmic structure is simple, and the tempo's relatively slow," said Tramo. "The melody is diatomic or pentatonic, meaning that it's very simple, so it's relatively easy to digest for the hearing system. [The harmony] is very simple."

Singing lullabies heals babies

Science of Song: Do Lullabies Help Sick Babies? by JuJu Chang and Maggie Burbank, aired on ABC Nightline, Thursday, May 29, 2008

I think males feel this need to create something intellectually because they're out of touch with the Cosmic Mother energy that is self-creating. Also this is common for females too because Western culture relies on science and technology and so this is because the male-female relations are not rooted in the Cosmic Mother energy. So the females try to be more like males because they think the technology will save them and the males use the technology to "protect" females and "provide" for females, etc. Actually this is a "protection racket" because the males have lost the secret of how to be real men by connecting with the Cosmic Mother energy. The males are lost and desperately seeking some intellectual "theory" as the answer. haha.

Another trick with babies is to rub their wrist just inside the palm -- as this is an acupressure point that soothes their energy. So it is about how sound transforms the body-mind creating electromagnetic healing energy. This is why cat purring is also healing -- the low frequency purring sound -- Why do cats purr?: Scientific American www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-do-cats-purr Apr 3, 2006 – This association between the frequencies of cats' purrs and improved healing of bones and muscles may provide help for some humans.

Cats purr during both inhalation and exhalation with a consistent pattern and frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz. Various investigators have shown that sound frequencies in this range can improve bone density and promote healing.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join