It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 43
212
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by rwfresh
the never ending reference material.


That is what worries me. It gives the impression of enlightened thought when in reality it could just be obfuscation if the material quoted has nothing to do with the member's question. Sometimes we just assume a person knows what he/she is talking about simply because we're not experts but the person appears to be.

If a person is truly an expert, he/she should be able to explain in his own words in direct answer to specific questions.


The unsurity is worrisome. That's the sum of the value. The experience of not quite being sure. It doesn't make sense but it doesn't not make sense. There's just no satisfaction in it. We don't want to end it by proving it wrong, but there is no ending it with an "A HA!". It will end one way or another.. this thread, the thread of information.. Because it's temporal. It is not eternal like we know the Truth to be.

The potential of profound revelation of epiphany. It's energizing, and then frustrating. Like blue balls. Not to be rude but it's a great analogy.. especially in the context of the book he is recommending... which promotes the transmutation of sexual energy. ie: don't blow your load, hold onto it. Charge up your spirit to give birth.

While we search for the "A HA" in his information without satisfaction, we will eventually try and find a way to collapse the potential another way. By trying to satisfy ourselves that he is "wrong". The most analytical, mathematical minds in this thread are long gone. They blew their loads when they logically proved to themselves that he was wrong. There's still some stragglers.. experiencing the exchange.. but not many.. the thread is dying.

I don't see qi acknowledging the illusion of the practice he recommends. Seeing spirits and shooting energy into someone. In the context of Truth it is illusion and without substance. The illusion of the information and story he is presenting. It is True in the same way that a tree is true. You can look at a true and "know" it. When you turn away it keeps growing and changing.

The sum of what he is saying is that negative and positive interaction creates a spiral. The manifested world, all the illusion of creation is a result of collapsing that potential. If you do not collapse the potential is rises in an infinite spiral. I don't know if he is acknowledging the depth of illusion.. ie: science vs nature is an illusion in and of itself. An attempt to define the tension between the two is an attempt to contain the potential creating by the opposing forces and collapse the understanding of this ongoing battle.

I would suggest that the rising energy, or potential is not the Truth. seeing this potential/pattern/energy is an observation of an expression or reflection of Truth. We can infinitely mirror the potential or collapse of this pattern in ourselves. We can "hold" the potential.. but it just means we are collapsing it in another context.




posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh
 


I hear you focusing on philosophy.

What I am focusing on is Western technology as it results from Western mathematics. My persistent quarrel about definitions of words and the use of them in context is not an intellectual exercise about semantics but to try to eliminate extraneous material so that the true crux of the matter can be identified and evaluated.

And I'm already convinced that qigong works. I have no quarrel with that.

But what's the bottom line about Western technology? That it's evil and that we should be living like the Bushmen or Pygmies?



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by rwfresh
 


I hear you focusing on philosophy.

What I am focusing on is Western technology as it results from Western mathematics. My persistent quarrel about definitions of words and the use of them in context is not an intellectual exercise about semantics but to try to eliminate extraneous material so that the true crux of the matter can be identified and evaluated.

And I'm already convinced that qigong works. I have no quarrel with that.

But what's the bottom line about Western technology? That it's evil and that we should be living like the Bushmen or Pygmies?


Philosophy is the science of the mind's perception...and when perception controls every single thing we know about the world, how can we exclude the study of it?

Philosophy, in my opinion, is the melding of advanced science and religion. You just need to figure out which formula is the most accurate...considering our data is woefully incomplete.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Philosophy is the science of the mind's perception...and when perception controls every single thing we know about the world, how can we exclude the study of it?


I don't want to do that; it's very important. I love philosophy when it doesn't go off into tangents that have no bearing on the here and now. I feel that while we're in this physical reality and there is suffering in the world that we need to tailor our thinking to try to eliminate that suffering. That's the role of philosophy in my opinion. To give us a guideline for what we should be doing (regarding technology).



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong
 





Instead if we understand the Law of Phase Harmony and time-frequency uncertainty then we realize that the secret of Pythagoras is that the ratios resonate beyond form since the ratios are noncommutative.


What is the signifigance of "noncommutative" as applied to your theory?



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong
 



I'm sure we can both agree language shapes perception... Some see the sky as drab simply because a particular color isn't associated with logic.


Oddity: How I discovered Marko Rodin via English gematria:

www.esotericonline.net...



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose
 


To promote sacrifice... The giving kind.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Perhaps we should conceptualize numbers and letters as helical gears... Things might go down smoother!



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong
 





"Being reveals itself as Nothing at the very moment we try to grasp it in its pureness," and in reference to Hegel, "the subject is precisely that which is not substance." Zizek then states that the dialectic process is the same "nodal" problem again and again. (104)


Being: Infinite possibilities.

A revelation not hard to come by unless you're trying to make this difficult.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by rwfresh
 


I hear you focusing on philosophy.

What I am focusing on is Western technology as it results from Western mathematics. My persistent quarrel about definitions of words and the use of them in context is not an intellectual exercise about semantics but to try to eliminate extraneous material so that the true crux of the matter can be identified and evaluated.

And I'm already convinced that qigong works. I have no quarrel with that.

But what's the bottom line about Western technology? That it's evil and that we should be living like the Bushmen or Pygmies?


Yeah i get that. Yes math is evil. You can't live like the Pygmies because the damage is done. hahahahaha

You are going to hell because of Western music/Science and technology.

Just kidding. More non-answer follows!

Math springs forth from the analytical mind. Science, being the dominant force right now, the analytical force, must destroy(contain) the natural/non-analytical force to create a false unity. So it (Science/Math) is destructive and dominant nature could be interpreted as Evil. Is the collapse of quantum potential evil? That is a philosophical question.

This same issue is going on in your own head. If you have an analytical answer it will collapse/destroy the infinite potential, infinite nature in your mind and you can move forward (but not up
in a fragmented non-reality. But it's no big deal because it never ends. There is no need to stop the destruction because infinity will simply rise from the ashes.

40 pages in i don't see anything really confusing with the original OP. Because the sum of what he is saying is in that first message. Western music is based on math which is at it's core the language of logic/Science. Logic is collapses an otherwise infinite contemplation. It serves a purpose.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
Western music is based on math which is at it's core the language of logic/Science.



I'll tell you what - this presentation of Western music brought tears to my eyes: Beethoven's Ninth Symphony Choral Movement.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by rwfresh
Western music is based on math which is at it's core the language of logic/Science.



I'll tell you what - this presentation of Western music brought tears to my eyes: Beethoven's Ninth Symphony Choral Movement.


Maybe you cried because it's so evil?


I just wish science would hurry up and prove Truth so we can all get on with our lives. I've got bills to pay, things to deny! All this contemplation.. and now i have to do small universe and not have sex for the rest of my life. sucks.




posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I see this thread is still chugging. After dropping out a dozen or so pages ago I have still been peeking in from time to time. And I still see people trying to get a simple answer.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh
 


I bought the CD, but I don't like being told when to inhale and exhale. I'm a curmudgeon, I guess!

But I also have the MP3 "Initiation," which I absolutely love. I listen to it with headphones and an ipod strapped to my waist while doing dishes. Too task oriented, I know.


And reading this thread has made me focus on musical instruments so I borrowed my son's guitar just to enjoy the sound itself when plucking the strings. I do this while babysitting my 15 month old grandson, who is also spellbound by the sheer beauty of the tones.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleV
I see this thread is still chugging. After dropping out a dozen or so pages ago I have still been peeking in from time to time. And I still see people trying to get a simple answer.


We figured it out 4 pages ago! You missed it. Dang. The whole thing.. 14 people achieved enlightenment.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by rwfresh
 


I bought the CD, but I don't like being told when to inhale and exhale. I'm a curmudgeon, I guess!

But I also have the MP3 "Initiation," which I absolutely love. I listen to it with headphones and an ipod strapped to my waist while doing dishes. Too task oriented, I know.


And reading this thread has made me focus on musical instruments so I borrowed my son's guitar just to enjoy the sound itself when plucking the strings. I do this while babysitting my 15 month old grandson, who is also spellbound by the sheer beauty of the tones.



Ha awesome! But hey, check out the song i posted. I don't think it's what you think it is. It is a song. A 'western' music guitar song. Not instructional i promise.

15 month old grandson's are definitely eastern tuning bushmen! They make the best music!



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I do not agree with saying Western music is based on math. I think that's a cart before the horse concept. Math is used, as is language, to define what is there. Certainly, mathematics can be applied to music and certainly Western music would be easier to do that within. The great and not so great musicians of all time most likely did not think in mathematical terms, yes?

Let's take a guy like Bob Dylan. Western music. He sings 'out of tune' to western music theory standards. In this, however, lies some of the feeling, the uniqueness to his music. Hendrix? Pulled stuff in and out of tune in a previously unheard fashion among other things. I could go on with western musicians that played loose and fast with western harmony and I guarantee you, they used no calculators creating their music.

Take Balinese Gamelan music. Certain percussion pieces are crafted to be several hertz apart yielding the binaural beats effect. This can be measured with science/math, there's nothing wrong with that. It existed prior to the hertz but the hertz can be used to explain the phenomenon. We could argue about whether they knew the science of what they were doing or maybe they just thought it sounded cool. If they did understand the difference, then we should be demonizing them for using math in their music, correct?



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   


We figured it out 4 pages ago! You missed it. Dang. The whole thing.. 14 people achieved enlightenment.


Just like me, late to Satori......

Must have missed it in the countless references and videos and jargon you'd need an encyclopedia to understand.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleV
I do not agree with saying Western music is based on math. I think that's a cart before the horse concept. Math is used, as is language, to define what is there. Certainly, mathematics can be applied to music and certainly Western music would be easier to do that within. The great and not so great musicians of all time most likely did not think in mathematical terms, yes?

Let's take a guy like Bob Dylan. Western music. He sings 'out of tune' to western music theory standards. In this, however, lies some of the feeling, the uniqueness to his music. Hendrix? Pulled stuff in and out of tune in a previously unheard fashion among other things. I could go on with western musicians that played loose and fast with western harmony and I guarantee you, they used no calculators creating their music.

Take Balinese Gamelan music. Certain percussion pieces are crafted to be several hertz apart yielding the binaural beats effect. This can be measured with science/math, there's nothing wrong with that. It existed prior to the hertz but the hertz can be used to explain the phenomenon. We could argue about whether they knew the science of what they were doing or maybe they just thought it sounded cool. If they did understand the difference, then we should be demonizing them for using math in their music, correct?


Right -- great points but still too limited. haha. I heard by from Dr. Andrew Bell by the way on my question to him about ultrasound hearing -- I gave him the link to the Japanese "HyperSonic Effect" which used the Gamelans as ultrasound harmonics. I asked Dr. Bell if I could quote his email and he gave me permission:


Andrew Bell andrew.bell@anu.edu.au Mar 6 (1 day ago) to me Hi Drew: I’ve had a look at the interesting links you sent, and I want to thank you for passing them on to me. I’d been aware about claims of ultrasonic hearing, but not the Japanese work. It’s rather difficult to work out what is going on because we don’t know the signal pathway, but I’m sure that the ultrasound is having an effect. The Japanese work seems fairly convincing. My interpretation would be that the ear’s resonating elements – triplets of outer hair cells which ring like a xylophone bar when stimulated by sound pressure – are able to respond to harmonics of their fundamental frequency (that is, subharmonics of the ultrasound). According to my model, the response of the outer hair cells has to be passed on a short distance to the inner hair cells before we can hear anything, as the inner hair cells carry most of the nerve signalling from the cochlea to the brain. So it is possible for the outer hair cells to be activated by ultrasound (and maybe have some physiological effect, like on otoacoustic emissions, which Martin saw) without having IHC stimulation and without having a nerve signal carry sound information to the brain. This 2-stage process might explain the ghostliness of the phenomenon, but I’m guessing here. There’s a lot more experimental work that needs doing.


O.K. so then I replied back to Dr Andrew Bell about Dr. Puharich's research stating the same thing about ultrasound creating subharmonics but Dr. Puharich also stated that the ultrasound would transduce the neurons at a higher magnetic frequency which then would have subharmonics in the ELF waves that can break up the proton couplings for alchemical effects.

So the examples you give about Bob Dylan are great -- when I started playing rock music in a high school band -- my friend who led the band was in my high school choir -- our school choir was more important than the football team! haha. We recorded a c.d. and toured the U.S. -- but my friend's favorite musician was Bob Dylan because my friend's dad was buddies with Bob Dylan when Bob hung out by the University of Minnesota. So my friend took me to see "Ramblin' Jack Elliot" and also Spider John Koerner of Koerner Ray and Glover fame.

O.K. so then I was memorizing the Bach Italian Concerto on classical piano -- a steinway grand (I mention this since a bigger piano has to be tuned differently) and then on Friday nights we would have a six hour jam session of Sex Pistols and various other noise punk songs mixed in with psychedelic music - we played Hendrix. I played bass or keyboards -- an old Moog. We then played some bars but we were only 16 years old. haha.

So my ears were ringing from us playing rock punk way too loud and then I discovered a fascinating thing in my music research -- African-Americans have more neuromelanin in their inner ears and therefore can handle stronger amplitude in music.


Furthermore, it is worth confirming, if inner ear melanin has a muting effect on the acoustic waves and if, and how, the semiconductor properties of inner ear melanin are involved in audiology .


My source was an M.S. unpublished in the U of MN library.



posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 


C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4.

Now it was raised earlier that these are ratios not fractions. Well that depends -- the Harmonic Series are fractions. 2/3 of WHAT? haha. If you're a mind-controlled Westerner you say it's 2/3 of a string from zero to 1 with the node at 2/3 of 1. So that is a fraction. It's still noncommutative which then gets into the paradoxes of set theory and infinity.

I say sound is not a visual measurement -- we listen to sound. No need to measure anything visually. But when we do to find out what is harmonic -- behold -- noncommutative math. Ooops -- quick have Archytas cover it up! haha.
edit on 7-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
212
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

log in

join