It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

I found something loose... It's your connection to things!

Image and frontier are both mathematical terms also defined as knowledge base in some respect. I'm not going to debate with you over semantics. I wasn't implying... I gave you exact definitions.

Here's an intro to one of my songs. Now this was meant for someone to make sense out of...

Do what you've learned,
Do what you've always done.
I've watched you run from the whole World you conquered...
And when you turn, you know you've lost us...
Don't you, Don't you... Don't - You.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm reading the "The Physics of Quality" page of Dr. Ibrahim Karim's website biogeometry.com. I just came to a sentence that made me think of this thread:

The linear character of quantitative measurement, which is bound by time and space, gives way to the non-linear character of qualitative measurements that have no time or space boundaries.

What about BioGeometry? Is it plagued by Western science?

Good question -- from what I can tell it's very similar to Buckyfuller's attempt at "design" to save the planet with a bit of Rudolf Steiner thrown in. In other words BioGeometry is still too Western despite coming from Egyptian roots.

So Buckfuller envisoned a day when irrational mathematics would no longer be used -- because of his reliance on pure geometry. But the problem is science relies on mathematical formalism for its design because that is how mass production operates - through standardization.

Mass production, in contrast, should operate through diversification -- which is how a nonlinear open quantum philosophy really works -- as the quantum potential. Even quantum physics has to be converted back to symmetric math using the Poisson Bracket.

Egypt -- as a civilization -- was a Solar Dynasty Cult and the joke is made about Buckyfuller by Robert Anton Wilson in his Illuminati Trilogy --

“Either Buckminster Fuller was a real man or an autocratic Solar Dynasty Myth.”

haha. So these projects are great in attempting to moderate technology to make it more ecological. But it's like when an Asian-American asked me once -- when I was out East - how can we improve the Feng Shui of Manhattan? I mean it's just too much of an oxymoron.

He's talking about getting rid of the "vertical" wave of electromagnetic energy -- I'm not sure that is possible -- The Influence of the Human Body on Electric and Magnetic Field Components in the Immediate Vicinity of the Body So the Biogeometry dude is claiming getting rid of the vertical wave then makes hospital equipment safe -- but that link reveals it's a lot more complicated than that -- and the Y-axis is the electrical wave with the Z-axis being the electrical field and X-axis being the magnetic field -- or some such. haha. All I'm saying is that there's a lot more to it than just getting rid of the vertical axis -- people make various claims about electromagnetic energy but science can not combine it with gravity so the models are wrong.

BioGeometry® uses proprietary shapes that replicate and amplify these highly beneficial and natural energy qualities. These shapes interact with the body’s own surrounding energy fields, according to the natural laws of harmonics and resonance to introduce the energy-quality balancing effect. The result is a profound qualitative balancing of the body’s energy system, and the harmonization of energy interactions with the environment. The solutions provided in Hemberg and Hirshberg were based on the placement of specially designed geometrical shapes in certain locations that radiate a harmonizing quality into the electromagnetic fields that propagate them into the environment.

This Our Living City report gives more details and actual images of the Biogeometry designs to reduce electrosmog pollution -- pretty wild --

This is the Egyptian musician that the author of the Our Living City report is following on Twitter. haha.

edit on 2-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I recommend that you memorize the second movement of Bach's Italian Concerto in F Major. There's no words. haha.

I had that discussion with my best friend in my first year of college at Hampshire -- he had all these amazing c.d.s of pop music -- rock, etc. and then he also had the Bach Brandenberg Concertos which I liked the best.

He argued that the words is what made music great and I insisted that the opposite is true. Words detract from the real truth of music.

Because music is secretly meant to create light energy through trance -- this is why the songs of the Bushmen are usually made up of just sounds - and not words.

The language of the Bushmen is the most complex language in the world -- with the most sounds and it's a tonal language...

The reason that a hundred-metre dash starts with a pistol shot rather than a burst of light, Eagleman pointed out, is that the body reacts much more quickly to sound. Our ears and auditory cortex can process a signal forty milliseconds faster than our eyes and visual cortex—more than making up for the speed of light. It’s another vestige, perhaps, of our days in the jungle, when we’d hear the tiger long before we’d see it.643

So 643 Burkhard Bilger, “The Possibilian: What a brush with death taught David Eagleman about the mysteries of time and the brain.” April 25, 2011, The New York, April 25, 2011.

in the forest where humans are from sound is the dominant perception not words which are a written language.

Shamans will say --

Malidoma Some, a shaman from Burkina Faso, says his elders talk about the “competing literacies” between tonal, non-literate land-based languages and the written text.

St. Augustine’s Confessions published in 401 A.D. was the first book to use the pronoun “I” in the modern sense but people still did not equate the sounds of written words with the self-awareness inside their heads!

So this idea that we equate written phonetic language with our identity -- with the sounds in our head -- it's not normal. haha.

The secret to sound is by listening very intently -- like if you memorized the second movement of Bach's Italian Concerto in F Major -- you have to listen very carefully -- and it goes into a trance and this is right brain dominant and it involves slow deep breathing and it activates the vagus nerve and it increases the serotonin and this increases finally the pineal gland chemicals that create visionary light.

I'm not allowed to say what the pineal gland chemical is that creates visionary light even though it's found throughout our bodies and Nature. haha.

Yeah I played it way differently but whatever. haha. I never listened to recordings of the music I learned. haha.

So now there's a new Music and Conspiracies thread and what's it about? Music lyrics -- words. haha.

The real conspiracy is the music as mind control through the logarithmic tuning and the rhythm.

You want extremes of rhythm -- a real slow trance rhythm that synchronizes the heart or some sort of polyrhythm

Wow this is exactly the same rhythm I've been teaching people -- four against three.
edit on 3-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Whose brag bag is this?

I could listen to commercials on TV, and fish out melodies regardless of seeing the keys I was so small. This was at the age of 4. And as I got older, I'd purposely play with my arms extended at the piano, body leaned back, and blind to what I was playing once again. Up until the age of 7 or 8, I was instructed via suzuki method I believe. Unfortunately, sports took over the majority of my life. Music collecting later on. I did play alto sax during my teenage years. For some reason they never taught music theory, but I lucked into a '65 Selmer Mark VI working as a grocery clerk. It was a site for sore eyes.

Anyhow, I figure if the bushmen had it down, they'd be playing on babygrand's and mastering with wavelab. Again, I'm being facetious, but this time it can be somewhat appreciated. Words contain vowel sounds... The connection to melody and rhythm. If so inclined, you're also able to decipher with a catalog of definitions. At some point we hone in on common sense...

Nous -

Definition of NOUS 1 : mind, reason: as a : an intelligent purposive principle of the world b : the divine reason regarded in Neoplatonism as the first emanation of God 2 chiefly British : common sense, alertness

Perhaps this transitioned into our word for -nose- don't you think?

You could smell it, so you left me on my own to complete the mission.

So this idea that we equate written phonetic language with our identity -- with the sounds in our head -- it's not normal.

Language is a form of organization. Blink once for yes - twice for no, if you follow me? See how this works?

I'm not allowed to say what the pineal gland chemical is that creates visionary light even though it's found throughout our bodies and Nature.

I'll give you my get out of jail free card... All you have to do is ask. The good thing is... It's a natural progression.

The real conspiracy is the music as mind control through the logarithmic tuning and the rhythm.

And at the same time a key. You might want to review the music I've posted in this thread alone.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

See giving up music for sports was the big mistake. Sorry but I did the opposite -- sports used to be fun and I used to run so hard I tasted blood and would get bad stomach cramps for a couple hours after soccer. But the deal is that suddenly sports became brain dead around 10th grade -- suddenly everyone took winning too seriously. O.K. consider traditional culture in Papua New Guinea -- when they play soccer they have to tie -- they're can not be a winner and a loser. Why? Because their culture is too sensitive to harmonic ecological balance and if there's a winner and loser it could set off a cycle of revenge -- an escalation of violence. Not full on warfare but the deal is that the Melanesian and Amazonian cultures are "vanishing mediators" to the Western organized warfare. Western sports is just a dopamine rush -- and dopamine is the main cause for aggression and violence. So testosterone turns to dopamine which then leads to the male external reaction -- because Western sports is not about the real training to create chi energy as is understood in Asia -- or prana energy. The Western civilization is based on repressed homoerotic dynamics -- so the Western man thinks he's a real man but he is not -- so what happens - the fixation of the Western male external reaction is the trigger for turning the dopamine aggression into stress cortisol. This is why the Western male has to "sleep it off" after he gets his woman from playing sports. haha.

O.K. so in Melanesian cultures there is a secret society for males -- just as in Amazonian culture - and the secret society is based on the Flute Goddess. Both cultures have the same story because they both derive from the Bushmen culture -- going back to the original humans that left Africa around 70,000 years ago. So originally the power or energy of creation was with the Goddess. If this sounds too crazy a flute has been found from 40,000 BCE.

172 Thomas Gregor (Editor), Donald Tuzin (Editor) Gender in Amazonia and Melanesia: An Exploration of the
Comparative Method (University of California Press, 2001).

O.K. I'm talking about how the brain is hard-wired for males in the West. First of all reading and writing is left-brain dominant. Listening to music is right-brain dominant. So as I pointed out from Tony Wright's research the emphasis on testosterone in the West actually shuts off the pineal gland -- because of the steroids. It causes a type of autism -- from the qigong training I know that the left brain dominance cuts of the modern male mind from the lower body emotional energy.

The cults' origin myths tell of a time when the women possessed secret and powerful objects, often bullroarers, flutes, or trumpets, and used them to dominate the men. Rallying together, the men forced or tricked the women into giving up the sacred instruments, resulting in the reordering of the society and establishing of patriarchy (see Bamberger 1974, and Lévi-Strauss 1973 for summary discussions of Amazonian variants; see Gewertz 1988 for Melanesia). In both regions, the men share a strategic, potentially troubling secret: that the sounds of the trumpets, flutes, bullroarers, and other instruments associated with the cult are not the voice of spirits, as they allege, but are produced by the men themselves (cf. Metraux 1927).[2] This summary hardly does justice to the energy that has generated the array of ideas and symbolic associations linked to the cults. In their density, in their manneristic elaboration, in their fantastical departure from ordinary life, and in their raw, uncensored use of primary-process symbolism, they are among the more remarkable human creations documented by ethnography.

O.K. so music is way more important in what it means to be a real man and the secret again is switching from dopamine to serotonin through the internal female vagus nerve bliss up to the brain. So if music is practiced very seriously -- a professional would train six hours a day -- then meditation is the same thing -- it's music focused for mind body and spirit transformation. Only in the West we don't know what real music is because the tuning is logarithmic and so it's defined by space and not time - with the limitation of "containing" infinity which shuts off the secret of music from the origin of Harmonia -- the Goddess of Emptiness or Apeiron -- Nuit the Egyptian Cosmic Mother of nothingness. This secret is the real secret of the Garden of Eden -- as I mentioned already. The Garden of Eden is actually from the Pgymy-Bushmen forest culture of ancient times going back to 100,000 BCE.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Recent brain-scan studies indicate that music seems to stimulate deeply primitive centres at the front end of the right hemisphere of the brain. In rather crude terms, the left half of your brain is more active in conscious processes – hence the fact that it is particularly strongly implicated in language – whereas your right half is more active in those unconscious more primitively emotional aspects of behavior….That peculiar form of speech known as motherese which women (in particular) seem to use so naturally when talking to infants has many of the hallmarks of music – a simple rhythmicity, a strikingly exaggerated sing-song intonation that can rise and fall two whole octaves, and a pitch that is significantly higher than normal speech….This unique form of music is very calming for it, and babies seem to find it very attractive and soothing. It’s the magic of the endorphins again, and their role in bonding….The !Kung San of southern Africa, for example, seek to heal rifts in personal relationships within the community using music and repetitive dance movement to trigger trance states. Many religions have practices such as chanting and fasting that invoke similar mental states: blinding light bursts within the head….It is easy to see how this activity could have been extremely beneficial to our ancestors, uniting the group, discouraging free riders, and so increasing the chances that individuals would survive and reproduce more successfully.168

168 Professor Robin Dunbar, How Many Friends Does One Person Need? Dunbars Number and Other
Evolutionary Quirks (Harvard University Press, 2010), passim.

For example, máwi flutes are always made and played in "male" and "female" pairs. These instruments are blowpipes with palm-leaf reeds and lacking finger holes. Blowing harder or softer produces an overtone series of wider and narrower intervals. A single flute is thus incapable of producing a melody, so pairs of longer, "male" flutes are played in a hocket style (i.e., alternating M-F-M-F- etc.) with shorter, "female" flutes to make complex melodic structures. Each performance of máwi flute music is an interweaving of "male" and "female" voices, and this meaning is doubled by the fact that each pair of male flute players is accompanied by a pair of female dancers. Kulirrína trumpets are also richly imbued with gender meanings, since women of childbearing age are forbidden to be present when the woven, resin-covered resonators are closed and attached to hollow palm mouthpieces. It is said that a woman's future unborn children could become stuck inside her womb, causing death to both mother and child, if she were to witness the sealing together of kulirrína mouthpieces and resonators.[9] In this case, the fastening of "male" palm tubes into the cavernous, womblike resonators to make kulirrína trumpets symbolically expresses a concept of ambisexuality, or the fusing together of "male" and "female" properties into a single object. This same meaning is externally enacted in the use of kulirrína trumpets as gifts from the sponsors of a male-owned pudáli that remind their hosts of the obligation to hold a female-owned pudáli at a later time.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This should bring back some memories... I couldn't help myself!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Pata Pata always kicks in the frisson tingles for me!!

Saw her live -- Miriam Makeba.

Awesome.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

It sounds as though (pun intended) you've lived more of a life than I have, but together we'll still get it done! I appreciate the tunes along with your insight...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

It sounds as though (pun intended) you've lived more of a life than I have, but together we'll still get it done! I appreciate the tunes along with your insight...

All I can do is recommend you get a phone healing from Spring Forest Qigong -- Just get the phone number off the website and call to make an appointment for a phone healing -- they they'll tell you your blockages and do a healing on you

I have nothing more to reply to you. That's my insight for you -- take it or leave it. haha. No I am not selling anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

Originally posted by Americanist

All I can do is recommend you get a phone healing from Spring Forest Qigong -- Just get the phone number off the website and call to make an appointment for a phone healing -- they they'll tell you your blockages and do a healing on you

I have nothing more to reply to you. That's my insight for you -- take it or leave it. haha. No I am not selling anything.

I'll more than likely take you up on the offer...Btw, the 'shakes' take a back seat to liquid and pop & lock on this track:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A friend of mine just took the Level 1 Spring Forest Qigong class taught by qigong master Chunyi Lin.

He had an amazing time and I'm waiting to see if I can post his reply. haha. Yep got it -- here it is:

xxxx, i did feel the healing powers of master lin. he was a very inspiring person. i didn't have maybe the level of intensity that you described but i felt this overwhelming feeling of unconditional love and then i felt like my heart opened up. my whole body and mind is clearer. chunyi lin was such a gracious, gentle, and hilarious person. it was a great class and i am so thankful you kept pushing me to go. now i just have to save for the second class. magnetic brain bliss! haha, chris

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have nearly finished my research, friends of ATS...

Here it is: Harmonics

I am not doing this for stars or flags. I am doing this because I can see clearly how many of you are interested in sound and its power...this thread I have just linked is everything I have put together regarding sound and the influence it has on the physical and metaphysical world.

Have a look, if you want. Or just ignore it...I would rather you didn't.

edit on CSaturdaypm040451f51America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I have nearly finished my research, friends of ATS...

Here it is: Harmonics

I am not doing this for stars or flags. I am doing this because I can see clearly how many of you are interested in sound and its power...this thread I have just linked is everything I have put together regarding sound and the influence it has on the physical and metaphysical world.

Have a look, if you want. Or just ignore it...I would rather you didn't.

edit on CSaturdaypm040451f51America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Yeah actually your thread reminded me of Eisenstein, the film director's collaboration with Prokofiev, the music composer. Prokofiev would watch the film but then compose the music based on the visual images of the film -- both were "neoformalists" -- so Prokofiev wasn't composing "program" music so much as most Western Hollywood stuff - where the emotional reactions are all pre-packaged to "hug your heart" or whatever. haha.

Director Eisenstein said of Prokofiev, "He is a man of our time and a man of the screen. He understands how the screen can reveal not only the outer appearance of things but their inner nature as well. He is able to dress objects in sound and instrumentation, bringing them to life with shifts in tone and timbre, adding an emotional dimension to images through his orchestration".

I'll respond more about color and pitch later -- but suffice it to say synaethesia is pretty common for musicians. I had a room mate at Chamber Music Camp -- he was a viola player and composer who aced his SAT and went to Harvard and then taught at Columbia -- music composition -- anyway so we both reviewed what colors we thought went with each pitch and there was no disagreement.

F is blue. C is yellow. G is red. D is more green. I'm not sure but for musicians the different keys of music have a different pitch perception and so a different emotional feel that corresponds with the color.

In Taoist qigong -- green is the liver and red is the heart and yellow is the pancreas and blue-violet is the third eye energy and black is the kidney energy -- and there's a different sound for each main organ of the body.

So visualizing the rainbow colors -- butterflies is a great visualization -- then this actually creates that healing light energy for those organs.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is an old 80's cartoon called 'Rock & Rule' about an Anti-Christ figure that uses music to open the bottomless pit.

He was looking for the 'Key'... get it?

It's on YouTube.

Here is the ending where they close the pit with music...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It is the relative position of the formants that are important. Each vowel sound can be produced at any pitch of the human voice. The vowel sounds are thus the result of the balance of higher and lower frequency components irrespective of pitchshifts. There may be an analogy here with Land's discovery that colours are reported as the psychophysiological products of contrasts of higher and lower wavelengths irrespective of their position in the frequency spectrum (1959). Perhaps we shall find brain mechanisms that respond to such relationships in all the sensory fields (He 1962).

from Programs of the Brain (Oxford U Press, 1978) by JZ Young, FRS

O.K. so this the retinex paradox that Lands discovered -- cofounder of Polaroid. So normally color is determined by frequency -- not wavelength:

The color mainly is dependent upon the light's frequency, which is the number of waves of the light that pass a given point in one second. If the color of light was dependent on wavelength, its color would change when it entered a medium with a different index of refraction. But it doesn't. For instance, if you look at an object in air, and then jump into a swimming pool with the object and look at it under water, the color of the object will remain the same.

But this proves that actually if you bathe the frequency of color in a dominant wavelength of color then the color frequency does change.

A multicoloured display was illuminated with all three projectors, each equipped with a band-pass filter, one passing long-wave (red) light only, the other middle-wave (green) light only and the third short-wave (blue) light only. When the display is illuminated with long-wave light only, the entire display acquires a red wash and some areas will appear very light whereas others very dark. The red, white, magenta and yellow areas will all appear light and human observers cannot predict which of these will be red when the display is later illuminated with all three projectors, nor will the appearance of red depend upon the sequence with which the display is alternately illuminated with long-wave light and with light of all three wavebands. The same is true for illumination with short- and middle-wave light only, except that the lightnesses will change, e.g. a red area will appear very dark when illuminated with middle-wave light only, whereas it appeared very light when illuminated with long-wave light only. In general, full colours appear only when the display is illuminated with light of all three wavebands.

So the retinex paradox is displayed in the cortex of primates -- retinal plus cortex

So to bring this back to sound and the paradox of the vowel sounding the same at different frequencies -- the secret is in the change of the phase -- or the speed -- just like the refraction of light as a change of the wavelength filter:

As biophysicist Vitus B. Dröscher states in his book, Magic of the Senses: Let us draw up a fundamental vibration with its first and second harmonic overtones [1:2 and 2:3]….if we then shift the phase relationship, we get a totally different course of the combined curve; that is, of the pressure course [amplitude and frequency] which is apparently effective in the final analysis. When looking at both curves, one might suppose that in the two cases we should hear two sounds that are just as different. But in fact our ear does not notice any difference. (p. 168)

O.K. so now this leads us to the connection of the Doppler Shift of relativity and the Law of Phase Harmony -- quantum relativity. But first let's deal with the Doppler Shift and vowels as mantras -- healing sounds - and the Retinex paradox of color:

Topological constancy is a psychophysical phenomenon associated with the visual trace figures produced by two frequencies which are sufficiently close to a low-order rational fraction and it persists even if the oscillators are perturbed. Such effects are described for rotational and vibrational near-harmonies of a dynamical system. Mathematical models are considered for such topological constancy; the optical substrate, neural response, and emergent perception are investigated.

I'll save the rest for another reply.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The spins for these figures is analogous to the Doppler shift. Just as the pitch of a siren is increased as an ambulance approaches you while it suddenly falls as the ambulance begins to recede (spatial phase affects frequency), for mandalas a perturbation in frequency is expressed as a corresponding change in spatial phase. The sequence of these rational "interpolants" may also be influenced by capabilities of the observer. For instance, it is known that the "flicker fusion frequency" (rate at which a blinking light is perceived to be constant - as when watching a movie) will differ from one person to another. How does this influence which mandalas can be seen? Exactly the same questions arise for Lissajous figures. I've posed them above for mandalas because it is slightly easier to describe the resulting figures and their dynamics. In particular, Lissajous figures often have a 3-dimensional appearance, so additional phenomena may be involved in their perception.

Topological constancy in the visual perception of resonance

O.K so Lissajous Figures are the same as Chaldni harmonics -- rational number harmonics

If one changes the color of a Lissajous figure, whether exactly rational or not, if the color changes are also periodic, with a harmonic relationship to the displayed form, one has the percept of a color flow around the figure.

O.K. so the issue again is that the vowel sound changes at different "pitch" based on a different combination of frequencies at different amplitudes. So the phase is shifted but the same vowel is created. Similarly with color the frequency stays the same but the phase is shifted and so wavelength is shifted. So you get a different "pitch" or color intensity of the same frequency. Frequency is still the defining factor but there is a doppler shift to create different pitch or color perceptions.

So we can't pin down one color to one frequency -- or any other linear alignment of frequency with any other perception - visual or auditory.

It's the combination of phase (time speed refraction), amplitude and frequency but in the end the quantum frequency is the true defintion of the energy intensity.

Here is what Ch'an Master Nan, Huai-chin says about color:

Nan:....Again, why do we have to study these? During meditation practice, you may “see” all kinds of colors rising within yourself. If one is not aware that the colors are but an aspect of form, the person can be deluded by the phenomena, thinking one has become a master! These colors all arise out of the “Realm of Mere Shadow.” You should understand that these are hallucinations, a natural phenomenon of the changes happening in your body - certainly nothing supernatural at all.

So the process of time-frequency uncertainty as complementary opposites is formless.

We can not see consciousness.

We are told in the Western system that the visual measurement is correct – that indeed because of the change in time as distance (phase-shift), there is a total transformation of the over all composite sound wave from the fundamental and the first and second harmonic overtones. “But in fact our ear does not notice any difference.” ( Dröscher) The symmetric visual measurement is wrong and the complementary opposite hearing of the ear is correct.

But it's now been proven with the new
Los Alamos “macrosonix” technology that thermoacoustics enables an almost unlimited level of
sound amplitude, if the “phase” or time as distance is in the geometry (spacetime) of a cone, or
full-lotus tetrahedron of complementary opposites. So instead of a linear model based on
squared distance inversions there is a nonlinear constructive feedback resonance: “We get a specific series of harmonics that have a specific amplitude and phase to produce the desired waveform” via Fourier wave summing. MacroSonix's cavity shapes, which include various cones, cone-horn hybrids, and bulbs, are said to have high Q, the resonance-storage quality factor….

But Lucas discovered that by sending sound waves through empty containers of various shapes, the shock waves were eliminated. Clean electric power generators? "Once you've done that," he says, "you can add all the energy, create all the pressure, and deliver all the power that you want." Lucas calls his invention Resonant Macrosonic Synthesis -- RMS. He has used it to power such things as a gas compressor, but believes there is so much potential that he compares what he has done with sound to what the laser has done with light.

O.K. so what is a laser but coherent frequency that is more powerful at higher frequency. The point is that the Doppler Effect shock wave is eliminated -- the role of the wavelength phase changing the frequency. So you can increase the amplitude without getting a change in the frequency. This is the secret of the complementary opposites Full Lotus tetrahedron design - the cone shape used by MacroSonix

New Ultrasonic water filter video

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Note that it is not, in general, possible to tell when a waveform develops shocks simply by examining the amplitudes in the frequency spectrum; harmonic phases must also be considered. Also note that the phases of the harmonic components relative to the fundamental can vary substantially with fundamental amplitude. This phase amplitude dependence is not surprising in light of the nonlinear hardening behavior ~described in detail in the next section! observed for the lowest mode of the cone resonator. When the amplitude at the fundamental mode ~frequency f ! is increased, the frequency of this resonance increases by an amount Df , which causes a corresponding increase in the nth harmonic frequency of nDf . Consequently, the higher harmonic frequencies can be swept near and/or through higher modes of the cavity, causing substantial changes in harmonic phase. Also, the large overpressures of the fundamental mode can significantly alter the local ambient conditions of the gas. These changes in local conditions can result from the large temperature changes that occur over an acoustic cycle and also from nonlinear effects such as the large dc pressure and density gradients from end to end in the resonator. This effect can alter the modal frequencies, causing further amplitude-sensitive phase changes. All of these effects can be modeled and do not prohibit good resonator design.

For the noncylindrical resonators, harmonic frequencies, in general, do not correspond to modal frequencies. Harmonic frequency components grow as the fundamental is resonance amplified, but ~unlike in the cylinder! the basic character of the waveform ~i.e., ‘‘u wave’’ or ‘‘m wave’’! does not change as it does in the cylinder.

O.K. so the frequency does not change even though the phase and amplitude changes. So the amplitude can be increased before there is a shock wave from too much dissonance.

As mentioned previously, when harmonic wavelengths become small with respect to the dimensions of the resonator, it becomes more difficult to provide a desired harmonic phase. This difficulty is compounded by the fact that the modal spectral density increases substantially with frequency. The inability to control harmonic phases at higher frequencies can lead to the formation of what we refer to as micro-shocks. The shock front of a micro-shock does not span the entire peak-to-peak pressure of the waveform, as is the case for a sawtooth-type shock wave. Micro-shocks can appear as high-frequency spikes on the pressure waveform. The family of harmonics comprising a micro-shock is a subset of the total number of harmonics present in the resonator. Many micro-shocks can exist simultaneously. Micro-shock formation may lead to acoustic saturation. Depending on resonator design, micro-shocks can occur at overpressures of a few percent of ambient, or not until overpressures of more than 100%. The specific overpressure at which micro-shocks appear is determined by the geometry of the resonator.

These applications include process control; process reactors for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries; chambers for separation, agglomeration, levitation, mixing, and pulverization; oil-less compressors for air compression, refrigeration, comfort air-conditioning, and natural gas; noncontaminating compressors and pumps for commercial gases, ultra-pure, and hazardous fluids; and the conversion of combustible fuels into electric power with RMS pulse combustion.

These applications include process control; process reactors for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries; chambers for separation, agglomeration, levitation, mixing, and pulverization; oil-less compressors for air compression, refrigeration, comfort air-conditioning, and natural gas; noncontaminating compressors and pumps for commercial gases, ultra-pure, and hazardous fluids; and the conversion of combustible fuels into electric power with RMS pulse combustion.

Full lotus tetrahedron "horn cone" pyramid power in action. Macrosonix

Over the past decade, Tim Lucas, an acoustician who is president and chief executive officer of MacroSonix Corp. in Richmond, Va., has developed a technique by which standing sound waves resonating in specially shaped closed cavities can be loaded with thousands of times more energy than was previously possible. For example, the new devices can generate dynamic (oscillating) pressures exceeding 500 pounds per square inch in gases, more than what is needed for commercial applications. "You've heard about researchers using sound to levitate Ping-Pong balls inside tubes," he said. "Our technology should allow us to levitate bowling balls with sound waves."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Check this out if you haven't already seen it:

4-Quadrant Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard!

Seems to be an instrument you'd be interested in.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Yeah go back in the thread and I posted her vids. haha.

So what happened to Macrosonix? My take on it is that they figured out consonant ratios were the secret with a "horn cone" or tetrahedon pyramid power -- and this is so against mainstream science relying on incommensurate or irrational harmonics....so the technology was too against the mainstream.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join