It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's president sends message of peace to Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What I said was:

We’re talking about Iran’s obligations to NPT, not Israel’s. Answer my question. Has Iran shown a propensity to lie with regard to NPT?

Answer the question! You refuse to because the answer doesn’t support your argument.

Iran has thrown the inspectors out of many sites and refused to let its scientists be questioned. There have been continuous violations!!

The November 2007 IAEA report

The 15 November 2007, IAEA report found that on nine outstanding issues listed in the August 2007 workplan, including experiments on the P-2 centrifuge and work with uranium metals, "Iran's statements are consistent with ... information available to the agency," but it warned that its knowledge of Tehran's present atomic work was shrinking due to Iran's refusal to continue voluntarily implementing the Additional Protocol, as it had done in the past under the October 2003 Tehran agreement and the November 2004 Paris agreement.

The February 2009 IAEA report

In a 19 February 2009, report to the Board of Governors,[225] IAEA Director General ElBaradei reported that Iran continued to enrich uranium contrary to the decisions of the Security Council and had produced over a ton of low enriched uranium.

The November 2011 IAEA report

In November of 2011 the IAEA released a report[238] stating inspectors had found credible evidence that Iran had been conducting experiments aimed at designing a nuclear bomb until 2003, and research may have continued on a lower rate since that time.[239] IAEA Director Yukiya Amano said evidence gathered by the agency "indicates that Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device."
link

BTW, don't let the "gold" trim around my profile intimidate you, only shallow people pay attention to such things, does the type of car I drive dictate the type of logic I'm allowed to possess too?

If we’re to use a car analogy to describe your logic, I’d say you’re a Scion XB with a Ferrari body kit!

edit on 8-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was curious to the timing of this announcement. As it is after Obama signed the NDAA into law, which now puts Iran in a huge disposition with its resources, such as oil, banking, and industrial.

This whole scenario makes me want to

Its kinda of like the bully at school taking your lunch money, beating the hell out of you, and then telling the principle, "can we try and be friends"

I digress

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
That would SLIGHTLY back up your claim!

(wife issues)
I wanted to write a lot of what to watch for in the vid, but your intelligent, its all there.
How ANY US servicemen can stomach the State of Israel after looking into the USS Liberty, boggles me to this day.

Enjoy your movie

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What happened to tolerance, respect and love towards the next man?
Is there no peace among us? Is there no value on human life?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So Israel may have took out a few guys over there so some say. Do you know how many of Israels citizens Irans proxies have killed over the years? It should suprise anyone more that Israel would even talk peace to these fools.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

What happened to tolerance, respect and love towards the next man?

OH PLEASE! Ask the mullahs in Iran!

Is there no peace among us? Is there no value on human life?

Iran stones women for adultery. Is that valuing human life to you?

Pfftt…

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Israel's president sends message of peace to Iran,

By some of the replies in this thread thus far one would think most people here at ATS would come unglued if OMG Peace broke out.

Imagine that.....

Peace broke out and many in the WW-III cheering section of Gloom and Doom crowd would lose their reason for living and meander about the ATS forums aimlessly full of Self-righteous hate & lost while mumbling and drooling all over themselves.

PEACE
edit on 8-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it wouldn’t be me! I’m still waiting for the fanatical leaders of Iran to stop jabbing a stick in the eye of the tiger. I hope they stop their nuclear ambitions and spare the innocent Iranian people of future hardship.

It’s sad (and very jingoistic of the Iranian regime) to keep instigating war with Israel, who Iran hates simply because they subscribe to a different religion.

It's sad really….

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Israel's president sends message of peace to Iran,

You can Headline the title for dramatic effect, it doesn't change anything.

Slayer sir, .... What was the message of peace?

I read the article, is this the Peace Message ? "Iran is not only a threat for Israel, it constitutes a real danger to humanity as a whole," Peres said about the Iranian nuclear program. "The present Iranian regime is Imperialism-hungry, aspiring to be the region's supreme ruler," he said.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Are you against peace?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Are you against peace?

Are you serious??

How , by even rose coloured glasses is this considered a Peace Offering? "Iran is not only a threat for Israel, it constitutes a real danger to humanity as a whole," Peres said about the Iranian nuclear program. "The present Iranian regime is Imperialism-hungry, aspiring to be the region's supreme ruler," he said.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Are you against peace?

Are you serious??

Yes...

It was a simple question.

Yes or No

Maybe try this one...

Are you for or against peace?

edit on 8-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Are you against peace?

Are you serious??

How , by even rose coloured glasses is this considered a Peace Offering? "Iran is not only a threat for Israel, it constitutes a real danger to humanity as a whole," Peres said about the Iranian nuclear program. "The present Iranian regime is Imperialism-hungry, aspiring to be the region's supreme ruler," he said.

The part he said that you IGNORE is:

"We were not born enemies, and there is no need to live as enemies. Do not allow the flags of hostility to cast a dark shadow over your historic heritage," Peres said. "Your people are a sensitive people that aspire for friendship and peace, and not for conflicts and wars."

OP's SOURCE

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Yes or No

Im all for Peace, and if Peres ever says something to that effect, let me know.

But this is what he said, do you see Peace in this ? "Iran is not only a threat for Israel, it constitutes a real danger to humanity as a whole," Peres said about the Iranian nuclear program. "The present Iranian regime is Imperialism-hungry, aspiring to be the region's supreme ruler," he said.

I answered your question, you think you might answer mine now.

I asked you 3 times

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What you posted as content is not Peace Offering, its him trying to sound fatherly and its failing badly.

(btw, you gonna watch the vids?)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yes or No

Im all for Peace

Me too.

Now, maybe if all sides started looking for and building upon on all the similarities [Very numerous] we can make some real progress, instead of focusing on the few [Really] differences and killing each other over them.

Now doesn't that sound like an interesting possible beginning?

Not realistic?

War, Death and destruction are more realistic?

Which would you prefer the worlds reality to be?

P.S. I don't give a damn who said what to whom or who struck Paul
I was directing this question to you or anybody reading this about PEACE.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SLAYER69

It’s sad (and very jingoistic of the Iranian regime) to keep instigating war with Israel, who Iran hates simply because they subscribe to a different religion.

Please tell me you don't believe that.

You know it's a lot more than just religion and both are guilty of instigating a war. [snip]

And if we turned around tomorrow and just lifted the sanctions on Iran...just like that, I wonder how would they react?

Why is war the only solution?
edit on 8-2-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Feb 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So it’s not peaceful to say:

"We were not born enemies, and there is no need to live as enemies. Do not allow the flags of hostility to cast a dark shadow over your historic heritage," Peres said. "Your people are a sensitive people that aspire for friendship and peace, and not for conflicts and wars."

Really?? Sounds peaceful to me!! Sounds like a guy trying to offer the LAST olive branch before removing (from earth) the people who have been pursuing nuclear weapons with CLEAR intentions of killing Jews.

Before you talk smack….IRAN supports HEZBOLLAH which KILLS ISRAELIS on a WEEKLY BASES!!!!

The fact that there is ANY QUESTION about IRAN’S intention to kill Israelis is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I was directing this question to you or anybody reading this about PEACE.

I know what you were trying to do, I wasn't going to let you get there to easy.

I just wanted to make it understood, that just because the Article had PEACE in the title, doesn't mean there was a Peace Offering.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Here let me help you a bit.

They support Hezbollah AND Hamas.

|sraeli killed weekly you said, My freind, The Ratio of Palestine to Israel deaths are about 100 to 1.

Cmon man, you can do better, I want the Old Seabag, the one that doesn't Parrot propaganda, but has valid True points to make.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join