It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's president sends message of peace to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry, the title alone was enough to make me feel sick.

Israel's president sends message of peace to Iran

Israel's president reached out to the Iranian people with a message of peace Wednesday, as the West tightened sanctions over Iran's nuclear program, and a former Israeli spymaster said Israel is not in mortal danger.

Does this mean no more mysterious explosions or assassinations?

The U.S., Israel and the West believe Iran is trying to produce nuclear weapons. Iran denies that. This week the U.S. cranked up its sanctions on Iran to try to force it to stop its uranium enrichment, but Iran responded with defiance.

No.

The U.S. and Israel have had their sights on Iran for decades and are now focusing on the final stages of their plan, even though Iran is a signatory to the NPT while Israel has the audacity to criticize Iran for their nuclear activities.

"Iran is not only a threat for Israel, it constitutes a real danger to humanity as a whole," Peres said about the Iranian nuclear program. "The present Iranian regime is Imperialism-hungry, aspiring to be the region's supreme ruler," he said.

Replace "Iran" with "Israel"

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

Muslim nations demand Israel open its nuke program to IAEA viewing

How long must this continue? This is just like when Netanyahu "extended his hand in peace" at the UN general assembly then announced 2000 new homes in East Jerusalem and a possible annex.

I wonder if this message of peace comes with a nice bouquet of bunker busters?

edit on 8-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like Peres is setting up the stage.

Later, after Iran rejects all "appeals" for peace (or at least will appear to),

They can all say "We told ya so !" ... "We asked, they said no !" ... "We gave them every chance to talk" ...

But what if Iran says; OK, let's talk now

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Israel and Peace in the same sentence makes already a contradiction.

There! You created a paradox... happy now? Maybe it will have serious consequences in the space-time continuum and create ripples that can destroy the universe...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a message of peace?

i think he is sending peace before he bombs iran....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

How dare this Scumbag Peres , dare use Humanity and Israel in the same sentence.

Responding to this Israeli BS is tiresome, sometimes I wish Iran had the 400 nukes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I can see that everyone agrees with me so far!

This article is riddled with so many lies and contradictions that it must be considered satire.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This reminds me of one fight in high school were after two guys stopped fighting one of them put his hand out as to apologize but when the other guy put his hand out to shake the first guy pulled him in and punched him.

I'm waiting for Israels sucker punch.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
setting the sage for a attack on there friendly pal,make iran look like the bully's when the false flag flies

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

One must lay down all of the necessary olive branches to later justify the swift annihilation of one’s enemy…

The hand of peace has been extended many times. Iranian leaders do not wish to accept. SO BE IT!

How long must this continue? This is just like when Netanyahu "extended his hand in peace" at the UN general assembly then announced 2000 new homes in East Jerusalem and a possible annex.

What does Iran have to do with Palestine?? If you’re trying to show the propensity of Israel to go back on its word, how many times has Iran kept UN inspectors from certain nuclear sites and nuclear scientists even though they agreed to FULL DISCLOSURE when signing the NPT?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What and give up their nuke program?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

One must lay down all of the necessary olive branches to later justify the swift annihilation of one’s enemy…

What are these olive branches you speak about, and who is the enemy? Israel attacked the United States on numerous times yet you consider Iran the enemy?

The hand of peace has been extended many times.

In which way has this hand of peace been extended? Actions speak much louder than words.

What does Iran have to do with Palestine?? If you’re trying to show the propensity of Israel to go back on its word, how many times has Iran kept UN inspectors from certain nuclear sites and nuclear scientists even though they agreed to FULL DISCLOSURE when signing the NPT?

You are too thick in the skull to realize that many of the countries who signed on to the NPT did so due to the threat of sanctions and or military intervention, yet Israel has a free pass from these regulators when it comes to their nuclear activities. But that's okay in your opinion

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What are these olive branches you speak about, and who is the enemy? Israel attacked the United States on numerous times yet you consider Iran the enemy? In which way has this hand of peace been extended? Actions speak much louder than words.

You described the hand of peace extended by Israel in your OP. Besides, Israel is not threatening Iran…it’s the other way around.

You are too thick in the skull to realize that many of the countries who signed on to the NPT did so due to the threat of sanctions and or military intervention, yet Israel has a free pass from these regulators when it comes to their nuclear activities. But that's okay in your opinion

Personal attacks by a gold contributor?
Really…is your argument that weak?

We’re talking about Iran’s obligations to NPT, not Israel’s. Answer my question. Has Iran shown a propensity to lie with regard to NPT?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We’re talking about Iran’s obligations to NPT, not Israel’s. Answer my question. Has Iran shown a propensity to lie with regard to NPT?

The IAEA, United States, and Israel have lied about Iran's obedience to it's NPT obligations, they weren't even admitting that inspectors were there until the new year, even though they were there the whole time, although they did change their story from "Iran isn't letting us in" to "Well, we were lying, they were letting us in, but not giving us full access".

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Shame on you!

How many times are you going to believe these change ups they throw your way?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the same message of peace they gave the palestinians, while they bulldozed their homes in the west bank and imprisoned them in a detention camp, other wise known as the gaza strip ghetto.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Besides, Israel is not threatening Iran…it’s the other way around.

Oh yeah?

Israel Threatens an Attack on Iran

Israel threatens Iranian nuclear facilities with military strike

Israel threatens to strike Iran

Israel threatens war against Iran within months

Israel Threatens to Strike Iran Without U.S. Permission

Is this where you tell me that Iran hates all Jews and wants to destroy Israel?

Don't waste your breathe.

Personal attacks by a gold contributor? Really…is your argument that weak?

It wasn't really a personal attack, consider it more of a personal observation

BTW, don't let the "gold" trim around my profile intimidate you, only shallow people pay attention to such things, does the type of car I drive dictate the type of logic I'm allowed to possess too?

ETA:

I'm out, so don't expect anymore responses until tomorrow, don't worry I'll be back

edit on 8-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

How about this show of peace, its a classic.

Survivors of the USS Liberty said the Isreali Jets flew so low, that the Pilots waved to the men on the ship.

The USS Liberty is my "line in the sand" with Israel, nothing they could ever do, will change my thought s about them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The smartest thing the devil ever did was convince people that the devil doesn't exist. What an absolute circus this whole fiasco is

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Survivors of the USS Liberty said the Isreali Jets flew so low, that the Pilots waved to the men on the ship.

The USS Liberty is my "line in the sand" with Israel, nothing they could ever do, will change my thought s about them.

Really? Were you there or is this complete distrust of a nation based on things you’ve read?

Have you been to Israel or talked to Israeli’s? I have…and I don’t come away with the kind of distrust you express. What is your basis for this?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Were you there or is this complete distrust of a nation based on things you’ve read?

Have you been to Israel or talked to Israeli’s? I have…and I don’t come away with the kind of distrust you express. What is your basis for this?

There are SEVERAL DOCS with survivors from the Liberty, recounting their experience.

Are you, a servicemen going to call them Liars?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

There are SEVERAL DOCS with survivors from the Liberty, recounting their experience.

Are you, a servicemen going to call them Liars?

Why don’t you link them so we can discuss their validity?

That would SLIGHTLY back up your claim!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join