It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS family, I'm new, so this is about me.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm confused, Why does it say when I click on my friends link that I have 318 recent threads, started by justcurious31's friends when I have only sent a request to you and speculativeoptimist?

I think that may be the combined number of threads your 2 friends have started. I'm not positive, but maybe a MOD will come along and explain it better than me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

I was just about to call it a night yet ran into your Intro. Welcome to ATS. I rarely comment or post but I'm gravitated here daily for news you will find out days later. Hit that 20 post count pmsg I or anyone else for help. Welcome to the family.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I'm confused, Why does it say when I click on my friends link that I have 318 recent threads, started by justcurious31's friends when I have only sent a request to you and speculativeoptimist?

That shows your friend's threads. This way you can keep up with your friends work(s)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lol, Thanks for that i thought that maybe I had friends I didn't know about there for some strange reason
thanks to you both for helping me, It sure does mean alot

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Thank you

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Welcome Justcurious31...
I'm virtually a newbie here to posting on ATS myself... having lurked for sometime and then finally deciding to jump in and join.
ATS is a great place... you will learn to ignore the lunatic ravings and antics of a few and find most here want to engage in research and discovery for the most part.
Enjoy and fear not and if you feel disrespected... tell them and the moderators so...
I believe in the short time I've been here that 99% here support a friendly and adult atmosphere for exchange of ideas.... tell the others in a polite way to kiss your lily white.. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
BTW.. Unless the rules have changed. Hit 200 posts you can join us in chat. Chat is amazing during radio broadcasts. Radio is another part of ATS. Bottom section of your screen is a ribbon. Please click it and take a look at the options.

Edit to add: I would love it if ATS would advertise these shows better.. and in a welcome message explaining some of these features
edit on 2/8/2012 by madmangunradio because:r the (no reason given)

Edit for the mods ^^^^ Really.. Add these features to your response to the new people joining ATS.
edit on 2/8/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi and welcome! Nevermind that grammar stuff, mine sucks too quite often and its difficult to express myself, but I havent gotten anybody jumping on it.
You will be fine. And its impossible to find evidence in everything and some threads are asking for opinions, so get in there, its a fun and enlightening ride!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hello and welcome! One thing that really stands out about your thread is spending ours on ATS! ATS is definitely much more addicting than facebook, which I am glad I do not have.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Welcome - you are leaps and bounds ahead of me - I still can't figure out how to put a picture next to my name or attach a link. My computer skills are so limited I will probably never be able to start a thread of my own. Nice to have another lady on the site - helps to balance out the profusion of testosterone!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

Thank you :-) To be quite honest with you im not entirely sure how I managed to do my avatar, Tried a few things
But whatever I tried seem to work lol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Thank you, I did used to spend quite alot of my spare time on facebook, But since finding ATS im harly on it at all anymore

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

Thank you

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Thank's for your help
I cant wait to be able to join chat, I had better get posting!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Lol, Thank you
That comment did make me laugh

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I posted my first thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure if that worked right or not, but, This photo I took is not edited or modified! Wow, I guess i was right about not joining!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
That last comment I made I take back, I had some lovely messages after, I guess I am just getting used to the reactions of people, And I can understand why some people assume the worst I suppose!

After my first thread I took about 24 hours off ATS in a sulk

I do realise now that I need to accept the good with the bad

New beginnings and all that shizzle

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
That last comment I made I take back, I had some lovely messages after, I guess I am just getting used to the reactions of people, And I can understand why some people assume the worst I suppose!

After my first thread I took about 24 hours off ATS in a sulk

I do realise now that I need to accept the good with the bad

New beginnings and all that shizzle

Indeed.. let me hit you with this as it's a good indicator of things to expect..

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted by the Mod earlier (on the 1st page) before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

edit on 2/25/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join