It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS family, I'm new, so this is about me.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I found this site on facebook, I started by reading peoples threads that kept me interested for hours! Then I took the plunge and joined, I must admit I have been a member for a while now but do get quite worried about posting comments on other peoples threads as I kind of feel awkward about it, I have noticed people comment on spelling mistakes and grammar ect which isn't my strong point lol But my thought now is who cares right? If you have something to say just say it!?...... Well more about me, I am 31, My main occupation is a support worker for autistic adults, I have 2 children, 12(boy) and 5(girl), I have been happily married for nearly 6 years , been together nearly 8
My hubby is open minded but not to the point of joining, He seems to be happy not knowing about what's going on in the world and I like to have a fair idea, That is why I love this site, I am interested in the alien/ufo threads on here and the "noises in the sky" threads i am really in to right now, Hours of reading
I can literally spend hours on ATS! I appreciate everyone's opinions and experiences and hold an open mind to anything that has a small amount of fact to it, And one thing I have learned by reading on here for so long is to never post a thread without evidence! Although I do still appreciate that some people can not get the evidence that is required, And take my time to read through anyway. I have quite a large family but am not close to many of them due to past family feuds not concerning me (family eh!?) lol Apparently most my family are gifted with being psychics but don't quote me on that one as I honestly do not have a clue if this is true or not as I have not personally seen these ability's myself with them. I have had a few weird things happen to me but nothing more than "feelings" that I have had that have come true and a few dreams that I thought have come true but may just be nothing more than Déjà vu. I keep an open mind to it as what else csn you do right? If theres anything else you would like to know feel free to ask
Oh and 1 more thing on my profile it doesn't seem to let me add london as my choice of GMT time, It just bounces right back to Moskow, Any ideas? Thanks
Its 12:37 here in Lincolnshire UK right now and my GMT on my profile says its currently 6:34pm......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

Welcome aboard justcurious31! Yes we luvz our ATS round here, in an addictive fashion at times(most). Tis my homepage nowadays. Kudos for your line of work, it must take great patience and care. You might dig this thread on Autism Here

Peace and happy truth pursuits,
spec

ETA: Putting some space between the paragraphs is easier on some of our eyes too.

edit on 8-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Welcome to the site, ive worked in care and learning disability for years it can be very rewarding and disheartening at the same time, you sound nice
see you on the boards.

ps, always nice to see a new girly, we're pretty outnumbered by boys here. THis is nerdsville, only joking, im teasing, actually i supposed i could be a female nerd!
edit on 8-2-2012 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
hello and welcome.

also you can change the time setting by clicking the tool+ button at the top and then change the time zone.
edit: nevermind, just noticed mine keeps going to moscow time too.

edit on 8-2-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hi justcurious31, welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Lol, Thank you :-) xx

link   

Welcome to ATS. I read the following greeting/warning in another introduction thread the other day and I thought it was honest, direct and to the point, so I'm going to offer it to you as well;

Stand for what you believe in, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems...

Just remember this: For every person who agrees with you, someone else will try to rip you down. This site will test your resolve until you're weak at the proverbial knees.

Having said that...enjoy your stay.

By the way, thanks for doing what you do. IMO, individuals who devote their efforts to improve the lives of handicapped people are a gift to humanity.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

That means allot, Thanks for your input x

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the jungle

While sometimes no amount of proof can counteract a lifetime of bias and dogma, some of us just gotta be took on a little Faith

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Welcome fellow truth seeker. This site is a wonderful place to share experiences and hopefully come to a better understanding on what the hell is going on in this world! I, like you, have been here for a while but haven't posted very much. I'm a very avid reader and have become an excellent filter of information. I can remember back in 07 when I started reading and there was so much hoopla about 2012. It's really interesting to see the hive mind here transform and grow. In the beginning my favorite threads were the UFO ones and now I generally love reading pretty much anything here. Its fun to entertain many of the ideas layed out here. I used to be a huge doomer, and was completely jaded with everything in this world. I've since grown out of that and learned to enjoy life more, despite what crazy conspiracies are going on around me. I welcome you, and hope you find what you wish here. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks for that information, I will take my time to read through it as I need the help right now, Its all quite confusing lol x

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I appreciate all your comments,
Thanks for your time in making me feel more welcome.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Warm Welcome to ATS. Love your Avatar...

Bright Blessings,

Des

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I love that song! Good choice

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you night star, Love your name

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

Thank you, I am very open minded to anything really, within reason.
The main reason i decided to join is because of people being so honest (mainly) on here, I like the thought that I would have someone to share my thoughts with if i had to

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me how to flag please and what it means? Is it pressing on the star? Thanks for your help

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join