It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Am Not a Lobbyist,’ Says Registered Lobbyist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is a good one

Former Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.) is an active campaign bundler for President Obama, having raised between $200,000 and $500,000, according to campaign records.

“I’m not a lobbyist,” Klein said, claiming his registration was the result of a “clerical error” by an employee of Holland & Knight LLP, the lobbying law firm where he works.

Klein’s assertion seems to contradict comments made by an Obama campaign official earlier in the day, which indicated that Klein was, in fact, a registered lobbyist.

And,

“The minute [Klein] became a lobbyist, he stopped raising money for the campaign,” the official told Politico. “He’s no longer associated with the campaign.”

Well, if this was a "clerical error", then how did he know all of a sudden .. right to the minute ?

The Bundler

Former Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.) is an active campaign bundler for President Obama, having raised between $200,000 and $500,000, according to campaign records.

He is also a registered federal lobbyist.

[color=gold]The revelation poses a challenge for President Obama, who has banned registered lobbyists from personally contributing or bundling donations to his campaign. The president even touted these self-imposed restrictions in a Dec. 28, 2011, fundraising e-mail, writing: “We don’t take a dime from D.C. lobbyists or special-interest PACs—never have and never will.”

Please Raise Your Right Hand and Repeat After Me ....... I _____ do solemnly swear to tell the truth ...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

He's not a lobbyist just like Nixon wasn't a crook!

That's like saying John Mccain isn't full blown senile.

new topics

join