It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From my reasearch I believe that "collapse" will be instant, not prolonged or delayed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know that a lot of people here and on other sites, specifically financials, are asking others about what happened to so and so's comment or article on collapse, or they have indicated that they have been hearing the same thing for years now, and for some miracle life just keeps bumping along. However, at this juncture I believe that whereas collapse may have been slow and drawn out a few years ago - but propped up with TRILLIONS of dollars of debt and credit issuance, the time has changed. I firmly believe that what comes will be instant, as in you wake up one morning and the Western world is in meltdown, or you will be at work, watching the news, whatever and see an instant crashing of the markets, etc. Whatever the event is, it will be the same type of factor that initiated the Tulip collapse. Granted, the Black Plague and failure of investors to show up brought the panic and eventual collapse, and though nothing to that degree may be the factor X in the scenario, whatever it is could either be a large event, or something small that gains momentum. I lean towards a small event that propels itself into a massive, unstoppable mass...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well you are right in a way.

It will be instant for the people who can't read the writing on the wall. But for the rest who have been preparing they will no longer look like "conspiracy nuts".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
Well you are right in a way.

It will be instant for the people who can't read the writing on the wall. But for the rest who have been preparing they will no longer look like "conspiracy nuts".

True in a sense... instant though in form and act...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I agree with Celente - end of March beginning of April.

etfdailynews.com...

Gerald Celente: EU Collapses In 90 Days, Bank Holiday and War (GLD, SLV, EWI, VGK, EWG)
January 4th, 2012

Dominique de Kevelioc de Bailleul: Twenty-two months of hysteria of an impending European financial collapse, starting with Greece in March of 2010, will finally come to an end in 2012, according to the founder of Trends Research Institute, Gerald Celente.
Hysteria of the horrid possibility of a European meltdown and the dire implications for the world economy a collapse will end, as the event finally turn into unequivocal reality by April 1, with accusations of ‘fear mongering’ by a significant portion of the mob quickly dropped in favor of the next predictable reaction to the crisis: outrage against those who allowed the collapse. Get my next ALERT 100% FREE

“I would say, since I’ve been doing this work, over 30 years ago, I’ve never been more concerned than I am right now,” Celente told ABC, Australia.

In Celente’s latest forecast, titled, The First Great War of the 21st Century—Prepare, Survive, Prevail, he paints a bleak picture for 2012, predicting a worsening of class warfare that already wages within more than a dozen countries, from Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain and Qatar to the UK, Greece and Italy, which will eventually spread to eastern Europe/central Asia and more intensely in the United States.

But, what the world has seen so far is only a economic and social symptom of central bankers’ stop-gap remedies, haphazardly applied to the global financial crisis since its beginning in the U.S. and the fall of Bear Stearns in 2008.

After dozens of trillions of dollars thrown at a global solvency crisis with nothing but further deterioration to show for the money spent, some wonder if the world is about to slide still further into depression.

According to Celente, when the European Union falters from too much supply of debt coming due ($7.3 trillion from G-7 nations, see zerohedge.com) against the backdrop of sliding demand for more debt, the European domino will topple other dominoes, widening the global depression to include the world’s larger economies.

“If you live in Greece, you’re in a depression; if you live in Spain, you’re in a depression; if you live in Portugal or Ireland, you’re in a depression,” Celente said. “If you live in Lithuania, you’re running to the bank to get your money out of the bank as the bank runs go on. It’s a depression. Hungary, there’s a depression, and much of Eastern Europe, Romania, Bulgaria. And there are a lot of depressions going on [already].”

And as far as a Chinese riding in on a white horse to save the day, Celente said, it’s “highly unlikely. China has 1.3 billion people with a million problems . . . If the Europeans and Americans don’t buy a lot of crap, then the Chinese can make it and sell it to them.”

He continued to explain that China will then likely slow its imports of materials from countries which have been supplying mined product during the commodities boom, leading to a vicious spiral of increased unemployment and declining economic activity—a scenario strongly intimated by Dow Theory Letters author Richard Russell in his latest letter to investors (excerpts posted on King World News). Russell, too, expects a steepening U.S. depression, with 25 percent unemployment in the America as his target at the bottom of the depression.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Like this?

I too think it will happen quickly when it happens. March/April, who knows? I'm actually a little surprised they've been able to kick the can this far and then I have to remind myself, they have a playbook that encompasses literally centuries of scams, ploys and other deceptions. Now, the world is collectively joined at the hip and no one is prepared to admit defeat so, the confidence game continues.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Yes , we here I believe for the most part are prepared for whatever upheaval is coming our way. The irresponsibility of the mainstream media reporting about our "recovering economy" will be a shock to the sheeple, though.
Just today I heard Pepsi-Cola is laying off 8,700 employees world wide. So much for the recovering economy!! When it happens I think it will be like a dominoe effect falling. Just don't know when. Watch out everyone, I hope you all are prepared.

top topics

join