It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-tobacco movement in Nazi Germany - History Repeats...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Funny how history tends to repeat itself on a much larger scale. I used to smoke, but I still love the smell... anyways, I don't think its anyone's business what a person does. Since when did the state become the morality police??

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes nazi actually taught about health before profits.

The Nazi anti-tobacco campaign included banning smoking in trams, buses and city trains,promoting health education, limiting cigarette rations in the Wehrmacht, organizing medical lectures for soldiers, and raising the tobacco tax

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Or you can always lie to yourself thinking cigarette aren't that bad and that nazis we're ONLY evil.
It's not because they did something smart that we shouldn't because of everything else they did wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Since when did the state become the morality police??

When your health care is free and payed by the system, the state must become a morality police because sick people isn't a positive thing outside a greedy capitalized health care system.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

I for one think that education about the potential effects of tobacco and the additives is just fine, just as learning is in general.

However, just as we witness corruption and greed in many sectors for profit, so is it seen in the tobacco industry.

This is my biggest issue. The war on tobacco has been distorted into some type of witch-hunt for some. I know for a fact that my sister judges a smoker immensely. Just seeing them with a cigarrette creates instant judgmentalism and repulsion. Quite a great reason to feel that way towards another, isn't it? While they judge, they pump petrol into their giant metallic clunkers and feed themselves horseplop, which in essence would probably be better for us than the crap they're actually feeding us. Wanna really talk about cancer causing products???

Don't even get me started about how people getting sick is highly profitable via the 15 or so percent of US GDP being that of health care!!!

It's just another piece of the "what the f--- is going on" puzzle.
edit on 8-2-2012 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Yes nazi actually taught about health before profits.

The Nazi anti-tobacco campaign included banning smoking in trams, buses and city trains,promoting health education, limiting cigarette rations in the Wehrmacht, organizing medical lectures for soldiers, and raising the tobacco tax

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Or you can always lie to yourself thinking cigarette aren't that bad and that nazis we're ONLY evil.
It's not because they did something smart that we shouldn't because of everything else they did wrong.

You're kidding right? The Nazis didn't give two #s about health - it was all about CONTROL. Just as it is today. No one should tell you how to live - you pick the road, and YOU live with the consequences.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I prefer uncured, dried, Nicotiana rustica.

One cigarette (or insufflated water extraction) of this and you WILL communicate with the Gods.

Rustica is also used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans. Growing in the rainforest it contains up to nine times more nicotine than common North American varieties such as N. tabacum. Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of MAOI beta-carbolines, including the Harmala alkaloids, harman and norharman.[2] Most commonly, it is allowed to soak in water, and the water is then insufflated; it is also smoked in cigars and used as an enema and as an anthelmintic effective against tapeworm infections. In the east of southern of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a snuff called "Maraş Otu". They use this putting under either of the lips like Swedish snus. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the rainforest.
In Russia, N.rustica is called "makhorka" (махорка). It was smoked casually by the lower classes before normal tobacco became widely available (after WWII), and is still sometimes smoked by peasants and farmers.
Nicotiana rustica leaves have a nicotine content as high as 9%, whereas Nicotiana tabacum (common tobacco) leaves contain about 1 to 3%.[3]

Link

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes it is all about control and people who think because it is bad think they have the right to make everyone stop doing it. I pay for my insurance and I want to smoke. I am an American and I have the right to do it. Like I said before, until every other single type of pollution is removed from the air and water, leave me alone because cig smoke is the least dangerous pollutant in the air. I have to smell, body odor, farts perfume etc...but that's life...deal with it. Plus if it's because of insurance then everything people do should be regulated...drinking, eating smoking, exercise, stress etc.....where does it end. Pick on smokers today and tomorrow the will find someone else to go after.
edit on 8-2-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Yes it is all about control and people who think because it is bad think they have the right to make everyone stop doing it.
Self mutilation is bad and I would rather if no one did it, but at least it doesn't pollute the air and ground.

I pay for my insurance and I want to smoke. I am an American and I have the right to do it.

If cigarettes weren't taxed, I could protest but you are self sufficient. That's awesome for jungle survival.

Like I said before, until every other single type of pollution is removed from the air and water, leave me alone because cig smoke is the least dangerous pollutant in the air.

Every siiiingle type of pollution, ok so you're gonna be the last one to help the global pollution problem...see that's selfish. If everyone thinks like you, we aren't going to evolve no where.

Pick on smokers today and tomorrow the will find someone else to go after.

You are 100% right. I agree...
and that's what's great about it.

We should work to evolve out of things that are obviously bad.
edit on 8-2-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join