It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Woolly mammoth' spotted in Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

"Woolly mammoth' spotted in Siberia

www.thesun.co.uk

He filmed the elephant-sized creature as it struggled against the racing water.

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.

The official was reportedly in the area surveying for a planned road.

Paranormal writer Michael Cohen said: "Rumours of a handful of mammoths still kicking around in the vast wilderness of Siberia have been circulating for decades and occasionally sightings by locals have occurred.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know what to think of this except it wouldn't surprise me much if it were true. I do not buy into the whole evolution theory anyways and think maybe many of these animals still roam. Says it was taken by a Russian Government Agent of some sort. Who knows? what do you think? I get this feeling it is possibly a bear eating a large fish but I cannot tell.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Already posted, its a bear with a fish..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

The Sun... Credible!

lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Don't worry it's Manfred searching for Sid and Diego.....

This is not a wooly mammoth its some lost circus elephant...mammoths had sizes between 9 to 15 ft tall , this one don't even reach 5 ft
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Dear ATS Readers,

Arrgghhh, WHY are all the videos of "things" like this topic, especially cryptozoology.. "fuzzy"??? LOL sigh...

I find the video very interesting, and a fantastic new hoax thing, if it is a hoax... Yes, I did say if..lol.. but a darn thin IF..it ALL depends on the honesty of the originator, etc..

Due to the fuzziness, (how convenient).. you can't quite see enough detail to make a decent good decision. The water does pretty much react correctly as it runs into the "thing"... and the water is pushing it downstream as it kinda slips on the rocks. you see large ears wiggle a bit, etc.. well done. But too dang fuzzy..to REALLY tell.

What kinda blows me away is IF it were myself.. I woulda sure went to where it came out of the water.. as in GO SEE THE tracks it left.. and etc.. and would have filmed ANYTHING I found there.. hair , ANYTHING.. and THEN would have said screw the road survey for a day or two, and done some serious tracking, etc.

The undergrowth can be a thick tangle in summer time in some areas and real hard to get through though.
The ITS A BEAR theory, might be the reason the filmer did NOT go downstream..

BUT... it looks like it could be a juvenile mammoth, or a smaller sub species, which WOULD help explain its survival over the ages.. the MEGA fauna died out, but a smaller species, similar to the PYGMY HIPPO, but only in the elephant species could explain that..really well thought out hoax thing, I would say, but there IS that slight, hey just maybe in it as well..lol.

But I gotta go with 90% BEAR myself, and 10% mammoth.. the lack of follow up video and etc on such a find, even a uneducated reindeer herder would "realize" the profoundness of his sighting! And would research further..
But a REALLY great hoax, perhaps a bear WAS filmed and they added elephant bits and pieces??? LOL
TOO dang fuzzy to tell really.. but definately a new twist on video sightings I wonder if more will surface now...lol.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I could easily believe this. Just as soon as I see the pictures. Wait, I can’t find the link for the pictures. Are there no pictures? There are pictures of Loch Ness And Big Foot,. . .kinda. . . Regardless of source, if there were pictures, it would lend a great deal of merit to the story, .. . . kinda.
Though it is exciting, the thought that we could have found a living Dinosaur. Unfortunately we will have to study the fossil record. There is a reason they utilize the word EXTINCT when describing dinosaurs. Our best chance of ever getting to see a true living dinosaur would be by cloning. One of these days we will have that ability. In the mean time I suggest that we keep looking, because you never know. Mathematically speaking, if the chances were 1,000,000,000:1 that we would ever find a living version of something only found in fossils, you better bet your bottom dollar that there is something out there. We just haven’t found it yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

AND why are the articles UN-sourced.

A good thing to do with these outlandish claims is the check out the reporters name. I have found some to be very bogus

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wow that is clearly a bear. Worst mammoth ever!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have no clue if this is real or not. It is possible for there to be a live woolly mammoths on this planet right now. There are areas in Canada and around Siberia and other remote areas of the world where man has not set foot. If you are flying over a forest, how do you know what lives down there.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Why are videos like this "fuzzy" you ask?

Gee, I don't know,
maybe it's because there is no way in hell people with cameras are going to attempt to take a close up shot of an unknown animal.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join