It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo Power No Insurance???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.japantimes.co.jp...

No more insurance Tokyo Electric Power Co. will deposit ¥120 billion with the central government in place of insurance coverage after failing to extend its contract covering the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, according to sources. Tepco has been seeking, so far unsuccessfully, to reach an agreement with a foreign insurer.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
and i cant even get a credit card.......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
www.japantimes.co.jp...

No more insurance Tokyo Electric Power Co. will deposit ¥120 billion with the central government in place of insurance coverage after failing to extend its contract covering the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, according to sources. Tepco has been seeking, so far unsuccessfully, to reach an agreement with a foreign insurer.
I recall the state of Ohio had a car liability insurance provision similar to this...if you didn't want to get liability coverage, you didn't have to, as long as you put up a large sum of money with the state government.

120 billion yen seems like far too small an amount for this...I thought the liabilities were already in the trillions of yen?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
yeah its like keeping a trunk full of recyclables incase of an accident.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I was really surprised that they once had one

The last one ended on December 31.!

The NPP in Europe are insured via the Government,
there is no reliable Insurance who can insure a NPP!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
As with many insurance companies it looks like this one bailed when they had to pay a claim.

This type insurance scams are becoming a daily problem.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

join