It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Lebanon: The Da Vinci Code Book Banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Best Seller novel, The Da Vinci Code by popular author Dan Brown was pulled from store shelves in Lebanon, due to orders from the General Security Department of Lebanon. The ban was recommended by the Catholic Information Center which represents Catholics in Lebanon who states the book was insulting to Christianity.

www.miami.com
"We were asked for our opinion on the book and we gave it," the Rev. Abdo Abu Kasm, who heads the center, told The Associated Press on Thursday. "We cannot accept that anyone insult our dignity and beliefs. ... Christianity is not about forgiveness to the point of insulting Jesus Christ."

The 2003 book portrays Roman Catholic leaders as demonizing women for centuries and covering up the truth about the Holy Grail, which Brown says is Mary Magdalene herself.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Da Vinci Code is a well written work of fiction by author Dan Brown and as is clearly labeled as such. Only those not confident in their religion would find this book to be threatening. The role of Mary Magdalene has always been of interest in the history of Jesus, and Dan Brown simply wrote what many have already pondered and suggested. The banning of this book will only serve to increase it's popularity.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
EVERY GREAT CLASSIC SHOULD BE BANNED AT LEAST ONCE...
i hope i get to the stores before they are sold out....
with the new demand generated, maybe i will have to order it online.

want your book to sell...
just piss off an organized religion... (wouldn't suggest islam though, they will Fatwa your a$$.)

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I want the Bible banned because it is insulting to my religion.

Come on people, what is wrong with you guys?

Can't take a critisicim?

join