It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 Things Non-Paul Voters Are Basically Saying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Very well written article by Tom Woods.

I wouldnt worry too much about the negative comments in this thread.

Most of them criticize Ron Paul supporters for our commitment to the man yet seem to overlook the fact that Obama has continued most of Bush's horrible policies if not expanded them.

Glenn Greenwald writes a great article explaining the fallacy of supporting someone like Obama over Ron Paul:

www.salon.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Nice straw man. Now I am definitely 100% not voting for Paul.

ironic that the OP used an article written by Thomas Woods.
Woods is a fellow at von Mises Institute and a White Supremacist.
He co-founded LOS, League of the South and is a contributor to
the Ron Paul campaign and his PAC has done e-mail money bombs
for Ron Paul financing.

Do your homework.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Supporting a proven racist and homophobic old man is also not a option.

Substantiation, please. I thought you and I had already gone around on this issue, and I have a hard time seeing how a man defended by the (black) head of the Austin NAACP who has known him for a multitude of years, as well as had an openly-gay campaign manager during his last presidential run, is a "proven racist and homophobic old man".

You're free to believe whatever you decide you want to believe, but you should not market such tripe as fact in light of actual evidence. At most, you have editorial oversight on Paul's part for a very small portion of publications in his name - and an active public history arguing quite clearly to the contrary.

We know you don't like him, but that doesn't mean you have to lie about him or act ignorantly or in childish fashion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hilarious, i didnt know Tom Woods was so funny, an economist with a sense of humor

Of course this is done tongue in cheek, because real voters arent aware enough to realize their hypocisy, if they did they wouldnt vote for "whoever was shoved down our throats".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Interesting. I hadn't heard of Woods' co-founding the LOS, or being a white supremacist.

Granted, such doesn't discount any sensible views he holds, but would you be able to provide any sources on this, as all I can find about LOS on his wiki page is that he was "present at its founding" (and nothing about him being a racist)?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I think that is the point.
It's satire guy. Stop being so serious.
I think you are indicative of the anti-Paul crowd, the media has you so afraid of Paul supporters that you think they aren't capable of having a sense of humor. Obviously, we know that these are illogical conclusions to draw based solely on someone's lack of support for Paul, but it's a funny way to outline Paul's ideology, which you would have caught if you weren't being so ridiculous and overly serious.
edit on 9-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

This guy: en.wikipedia.org...

Highly educated racist if he is one. Harvard and Columbia. Not that that means he can't be, but I would say he has more things to focus on than being a white supremacist with being a NY times best selling author. I don't think these people are quite as unsavory as you try to make them out to be.

Woods was present at the founding of the League of the South,[4] and has contributed to its newsletter.[5] His past membership in the group has generated criticism,[6] but Woods asserts his involvement was limited

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

He wasn't a co-founder, he was present at the founding and is a former member.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I am thoroughly in love with not only how you put words in our mouths, but you seem to be taking all of us non-Ron Paul supporters (or undecideds) for absolute idiots.

It implies only those who support him have a functioning brain their heads.

The bigotry in this thread is just hilarious.

And no, my lack of support doesn't mean I agree with Obama or Bush...it means I hate politics and don't trust politicians period. If Ron Paul is going to be a politician, act like one. If he's going to create a new version of politics, don't name it after a practice that consistently produces lying snakes.

If he is what he makes himself out to be...call him a rights activist.

"Politician" leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. So...don't accuse us of supporting anyone...we've just had enough of people going nuts over politicians who talk and do nothing.

Prove that he'll do what he says, eh? Prove it, and I might change my mind. Otherwise, it's another paid puppet yapping away, and a bunch of gullible sheep hanging off of every word he says. You'd think after a few decades, you might learn....

Apparently not.
edit on CThursdayam141444f44America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Read my first post on this page. I think some of you non-Paul supporters are more sensitive about Paul related articles than pro Paul people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is very typical of the pro-Paul crowd these days.

I like most of what the man has to say, but his followers scare me to death, and they are the reason i wont vote for him. I have NEVER seen a following deify a politician like this.

i guess you were living under a rock last election, or just choose to ignore history to support your post. Anyway, looking at that list and how can anyone take it seriously?

off to get coffee
edit on 2/9/2012 by Question Fate because: coffee run!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I found this funny.
(22) I do not trust the media. But when the media tells me I am not to support Ron Paul, who says things he is not allowed to say, I will comply.

And the most critical of posts.

A summation of some of the most profound words to come from Dr. Paul

Rush Limbaugh saying that republicans should be worried about Ron Paul b/c the media is giving him serious attention and they are taking him seriously. (Is this what you have just seen?) He goes on to say the ONLY REASON why he is scared of Ron Paul is his foreign policy, he goes on to describe Ron Paul's foreign policy then says nothing about why it's bad and then switches the topic to some vague discussion about Romney & Newt that had no relevancy to the subject at hand. Way to befuddle listeners with uninformative propaganda!

@TsukiLunar, I don’t mean to enthrall the rage that burns in you so, however I have this need to point out that your cynicism is ironic. Saying that these opinions and obvious generalizations which are of a whimsical manner have no factual basis, but in trying to deter the points you provide opinion and no fact. Are you working for Fox News? I’m sure we can all find one account where in the support of Ron Paul’s opponents we could find a factually correlation between all 26 points if not more, I’ve done one so far. Please feel free to tell my why I’m off base, because the sane and rational need more reason to second guess myself. Also as a final note, and you may laugh, if Ron Paul is such a terrible decision for our country, which candidate would be a reliable alternative?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by MrWendal

Hate to burst your bubble buddy but RP is not going to win the nomination UNLESS he can win a few states.

Let the paulites come up with their silly articles. It won't make much of a difference.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Interesting, cause the News a few nights ago during the Nevada Caucus made it a point to explain how a Candidate could win by not winning any States at all but by collecting delegates. I would think you are just a little misinformed

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MODS please move this forum to Rant, since this is nothing but "opinions" of non Paul voters.....This has nothing to do with what the man stands for or believes in, just a bunch of garbage put together from another campaign....

Nice try, but Ron Paul will save us as Americans......

GO RON PAUL!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

MODS please move this forum to Rant, since this is nothing but "opinions" of non Paul voters.....This has nothing to do with what the man stands for or believes in, just a bunch of garbage put together from another campaign....

Nice try, but Ron Paul will save us as Americans......

GO RON PAUL!!!

HAHAHAHA

Maybe you missed the part where the article is Pro Paul? That is the whole point. I actually have to wonder if you bothered to read any of it at all.

The article is written by a Paul supporter in a sarcastic tone as to what Non Paul supporters are "saying" by not voting or not supporting Paul's ideas and positions.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I am thoroughly in love with not only how you put words in our mouths, but you seem to be taking all of us non-Ron Paul supporters (or undecideds) for absolute idiots.

It implies only those who support him have a functioning brain their heads.

The bigotry in this thread is just hilarious.

And no, my lack of support doesn't mean I agree with Obama or Bush...it means I hate politics and don't trust politicians period. If Ron Paul is going to be a politician, act like one. If he's going to create a new version of politics, don't name it after a practice that consistently produces lying snakes.

If he is what he makes himself out to be...call him a rights activist.

"Politician" leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. So...don't accuse us of supporting anyone...we've just had enough of people going nuts over politicians who talk and do nothing.

Prove that he'll do what he says, eh? Prove it, and I might change my mind. Otherwise, it's another paid puppet yapping away, and a bunch of gullible sheep hanging off of every word he says. You'd think after a few decades, you might learn....

Apparently not.
edit on CThursdayam141444f44America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Maybe you can explain to me how I, Mr Wendal, am putting words in your mouth by linking an article written by someone else?

You want proof that Ron Paul will do what he says? The proof is all around you. The proof is in his voting record which has been consistently in line with the Constitution for 30 + years. The "proof" is in Government insiders tell you he can not be bought. Lobbyist do not approach him because it does not do any good. That he can not be swayed, he will not cut deals. The fact is, the proof is everywhere, people refuse to see it. These things are openly discussed on National TV.

But I will tell you what... I will play along. You tell me what you consider to be "proof" and I will do my best to provide it for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Chalupas

Quite simply because the alternative is to let the established bi-partisan, corrupt government bureaucracy continue to destroy the country and all of us as they steadily have for decades. Can Ron Paul simply snap his fingers and fix things? No. But can he tell the American people the truth for once and at least start the country heading in the right direction? I believe he can. Supporting the status quo (no matter what talking head they put on it) is NOT an option. We are running out of time.

There is a third option - secession.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I like most of what the man has to say, but his followers scare me to death, and they are the reason i wont vote for him. I have NEVER seen a following deify a politician like this.

lol typical ignorance.

It sure makes a lot of sense that you're basing your decision to vote for a president not on his moral character, not on his record, policies, and history but completely on people that he doesn't even know.

Yea, you shouldn't be voting anyways.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

One word - Obama
not. even. close.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

lol typical ignorance.

It sure makes a lot of sense that you're basing your decision to vote for a president not on his moral character, not on his record, policies, and history but completely on people that he doesn't even know.

Yea, you shouldn't be voting anyways.

yup. i dont like ron paul so i am ignorant and shouldnt be allowed to vote.

Nothing wrong with this mentality whatsoever, and it certainly ISNT the type of mentality that Rp professes to be against.

Seriously, you all have a hypocrisy that knows no bounds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join