It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA: Look For 30,000 Drones To Fill American Skies By The End Of The Decade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

FAA: Look For 30,000 Drones To Fill American Skies By The End Of The Decade

www.businessinsider.com

The commercial drone market would be worth hundreds of millions more if the bill passes.

The bill requires the FAA to rush a plan to get as many drones in the air as possible within nine months.

Shaun Waterman at The Washington Times reports the agency predicts that 30,000 drones could fill U.S. skies by the end of the decade

The commercial drone market would be worth hundreds of millions more if the bill passes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ridiculous, go to the link and look at the image
static5.businessinsider.com...

That drone is crazy weaponized flying over civilian space
estimation is 30k drones

You think 30k drones is for testing purposes?
Really???

What kind of world will our kids live in?
The U.S. will start looking like Gaza soon, waking up to tanks in our backyards.

Look at this animal that will be patroling the skies, this is the model of drone

Super powered weapon wise and can film for 16 hours at every angle.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I could see drones used for commercial purposes, but they should not be used for spying or even weapons. However, there are many professions that use photography from airplanes and I think this could be done more economically with a drone rather then a human pilot. I could see courier services using drones to deliver documents quickly to other areas of a region. I think drones without weapons could spark a whole new industry and add to our technological wealth of our nation. However, if they are using them as weapons or survelliance I can see big issues in this.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I see the terminator coming to reality before our eyes. Not only did 1984 predict accurately but movies can also be an accurate predictor of the future and in fact can be an inspiration. Cell phones were a lot inspired by the communicator from Star Trek. Our robot killer drones will start the beginning of Skynet when systems are too complex for humans to control, computers will be given rudimentary AI...it begins..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Police state man.

"They can watch your every move for up to 16 hours"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Huh...can't wait to see what happens when these drones get hacked. That should make for a nice war on ourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Some more thoughts on the topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I don't like it one bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Police forces across the country are already using them, there's no future tense about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The scary part about all of this police state build up is the people who will defend it by saying "well if you haven't done anything wrong, what's the problem?". Makes my blood boil.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Police forces across the country are already using them, there's no future tense about it.

Name one police force that use Predator drones

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

There's a difference between a drone and a predictor drone. Hell I have a drone, I control it with phone. I never saw anywhere they said predictor drone.

Oh no a drone! It will see me driving to work and back home!
edit on 8-2-2012 by feeboki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by feeboki

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

There's a difference between a drone and a predictor drone. Hell I have a drone, I control it with phone. I never saw anywhere he said predictor drone.

That's what I'm saying, the person I quoted suggested they were using the same types in the Bill

EDIT: I Spoke too soon;I just looked at the bill again it just says drone...
edit on 8-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I see the terminator coming to reality before our eyes. Not only did 1984 predict accurately but movies can also be an accurate predictor of the future and in fact can be an inspiration. Cell phones were a lot inspired by the communicator from Star Trek. Our robot killer drones will start the beginning of Skynet when systems are too complex for humans to control, computers will be given rudimentary AI...it begins..

1984 is one of my favorite books ever. I remember my 8th grade teacher FoRCing me to read the book. That was about the only thing I ever did in that class, and I don't regret it; he's probably the only teacher I liked.
edit on 8-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

No I'm saying some police forces unofficially use drones, they aren't predators and can't shoot anything. Drones come in all shapes and sizes. One official unofficial department that uses them is the Washington DC police along with the mall cops. When you are guarding something like that you need a little birds eye view.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

My bad there, not Predator drones but small drones.
I should have articulated that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A citizen's privacy is the last protection of personal sovereignty.

The object of domestic drone deployment is the eradication of privacy "just in case" there are "bad" people out there. Anyone understanding set theory will know, by default; we are all in that category of "potential" bad people.

Drones could have their place in society; they could be vital in search and rescue of missing boaters, lost children in parks, monitoring dangerous geological hazard areas,

But I can virtually guarantee that NO plans exist to that end (nor were they in the least a factor of the legislation the corporations bought from our politicians) . These are all being marketed to our local and federal governments as a weapon to address "fear" of lawlessness.

Our leaders can't envision a world where a well-educated populace of critical thinkers can handle the sporadic lunacy of some. It is especially confounding since most of the really "bad" people we know of would NOT have been caught or deterred by drones without foreknowledge of what they were doing. But our consumer politicians and the toy-happy military industrial complex believe they can create a "net" of surveillance....

I suspect such a net will fail to achieve any 'warm and fuzzy' security feeling.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Very alarming since the DHS considers those who believe in personal liberty and conspiracies to be potential terrorists now apparently.

here

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What happens to the weaponized drones in the sky in the event of an x class solar flare from the sun as this decade the sun is supposed to be firing some nasty solar flare into to space and possibly Earth direction?

Boom! Ah dam that's my house!

edit on 8-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
guys the MQ-9 Reaper is a predator drone
yes the article only says drone but there's a pic of the drone on the article page and it has weapons

it's a predator drone

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Japan has some awesome drones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join