It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOURTH Teacher Implicated At LA School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

A fourth staffer at a Los Angeles elementary school is under investigation for inappropriate conduct with a student after the boy's mother went public with a classroom aide's love letters to her fourth grade son.

The Los Angeles Unified School District confirmed to ABC News today that Areceli Luisjuan, a teacher's aide, was investigated for writing the letters to the boy in 2009.

On Monday, a third teacher was accused by attorney Brian Claypool, who represents three alleged victims, of delivering students to Brendt for sexual abuse.

(Davis) previously represented three kindergarten-aged students from Miramonte who pressed charges against Ricardo Guevera, a teacher who was eventually convicted of molesting the girls and sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.

abcnews.go.com...

This is turning into quite a larger story than was once thought...

I am even starting to wonder if the "replacement and relocation" of the entire staff isn't to help cover up and protect any other teachers that may well have done this to other students.

It really is pretty convenient, basically a page right out of the Vatican's playbook.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for the parents and children if this is true. It's starting to sound like a nightmarish scenario.

I hardly think that the school could not have known what was going on. My experience with my school system was that anything like sexual or physical abuse was swept under the rug. So, it will not be a surprise if it turns out the administrators at this school were turning a blind eye.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So I was doing some research on Miramonte, and there's some other info that adds to the conversation.

Miramonte Elementary School is located in unincorporated South Los Angeles within the Florence-Firestone area. We are an urban school serving a minority community that is predominantly Hispanic.

Miramonte’s kindergarten through 6th grade programs service 1,396 students, of which 98% are Hispanic and 2% African-American. 56% of the students are English Language Learners and about 1% of the students are considered migrant students.

100% of our students receive free/reduced price meals under the Federal School Lunch program.

miramontees-lausd-ca.schoolloop.com...

98% Mexican... only 50% of which can even speak English... and 100% are on the lunch program.

Poor, uneducated, and illegal. Sounds like the perfect mixture of characteristics for someone to prey on.

Now don't take this the wrong way. I love me some legal Mexicans. I speak Spanish along with two other languages, and I love all cultures...

But you have to admit, if they weren't illegal, they wouldn't be so afraid of going to the police when things happen outside the law.

The predators that are going after these kids have to be aware of that...

new topics

join