It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Dismisses Charges Vs. Bush Protester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A judge has dismissed charges against a war protester who was arrested during a visit by President Bush last spring.

The disorderly conduct charge against Joe Scott was dismissed after witnesses and a videotape contradicted police testimony about his actions.

Scott, 57, claimed he was being singled out by Nashville police during the May 27 visit. "I'm very relieved," he said Tuesday. "I've not been tried as a criminal before."

During the trial, police testified that they wanted Scott, who was holding a "Fire Bush" sign, to move away from the shoulder of the road because he was creating a safety problem and because the U.S. Secret Service wanted protesters at least 10 feet from the street.

Mounted patrol officer Rita Harden testified that Scott had resisted and had run across the street. A videotape of the confrontation showed that Harden used her horse to bump Scott into the street, but it never showed him running away.

More: story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040916/ap_on_el_pr/bush_protester

Thank god for video cameras!

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Officer Rita Harden needs to be charged with perjury, and be fired for braking the law.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think it funniest that the cop used her horse to 'bump' the individual into the street.
Where can I get one of those 'I'm God as far as your concerned' badges?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
Officer Rita Harden needs to be charged with perjury, and be fired for braking the law.

Wow, I would agree most definately! This sounds like a job for the ACLU!

The police in this country are starting to over step their boundries set by law and the constitution, and are taking away our freedom in the process.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think it funniest that the cop used her horse to 'bump' the individual into the street.
Where can I get one of those 'I'm God as far as your concerned' badges?

Enroll in ANY Police Academy, but start with the LAPD first.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Absolutely! Thankfully, this guy had videotape and witnesses clear him. It would be terrible to be convicted of anything because a cop lied under oath. Shame on her.

new topics

top topics

join