It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Name Neuroscientist Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by jiggerj

The flaw here is that people may think of someone just before they call, but they don't think of everyone when they call. A one time deal makes it a coincedence. Same thing with not knowing the moment everytime someone dies. And it doesn't happen all the time.

Hey Jiggerj, who said anything about one time occurrances? It doesn't happen all the time to me, but enough to get my attention. Different people have different abilities. Some dream things before they happen, solve criminal cases like murders. Some see spirits, heal, whatever. Nobody does it all. Some deny their ability. They are skeptical. No amount of proof will ever be convincing enough that it was ever more than coincidence.

If this Persinger fellow is correct that these abilities are strongest during certain geophysical states of the planet, then the people that experience ONE occurrence at this time should experience a multitude of mental connectedness with others. And there should be billions of us experiencing it.

If this connection to the earth's magnetic field is possible then it would be scientifically sound. There is no magic or miracle to it. I just hope everyone knows this. It's like hearing someone's stereo through your own speakers; I've had that happen before.
edit on 5/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If this Persinger fellow is correct that these abilities are strongest during certain geophysical states of the planet, then the people that experience ONE occurrence at this time should experience a multitude of mental connectedness with others. And there should be billions of us experiencing it.

Hmmm... I don't know about "seasons" or "connectedness" to others. If I think of someone before they call me I don't know what to attribute that to. Is it me? Or them? Or some messenger telling me someone is calling? And I can't speak for others experience.

Psychics who work with Police to solve murders are not sure about it either. I hear them say they get a "picture" or "see" something from touching an object. Maybe someone else knows that answer. Personally I think it is a gift. Not a talent. I think we all are "capable". Some people are more "spiritually" inclined (matters of the spirit) and some are more "materially" inclined (matters of the world). One is open and the other is not. If all we believe is what is seen thru the naked eye, then there is little chance of convincing someone otherwise.

I never heard of it being seasonal with the physics of planetary whatever either. It doesn't come and go. I have no choice when it happens and cannot account for the spirits I have seen or what impressions I get. Its not up to me. If I had my choice I would say I prefer not to have some of the experiences I do because sometimes I don't know what they mean or what their purpose is.

If this connection to the earth's magnetic field is possible then it would be scientifically sound. There is no magic or miracle to it. I just hope everyone knows this. It's like hearing someone's stereo through your own speakers; I've had that happen before.

So.... science isn't "magic"? If you took a book of matches or a flashlight to the middle ages they would -burn you at the stake for "magic". Right? So what do we apparently understand about the undiscovered science out there? Not much.

Science is a miracle until proven in a laboratory isn't it? Or magical? I prefer to hold out for mystery than to have to define everything as only scientific. How do you measure love with a test tube? I think it is more defined by believing in the notion of a soul and being in closer contact with it. That is where the experiences come from. Thru the soul.

Sorry about the long wind and scatter shot approach. Its hard to define with words.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Check out this lecture by brain scientist Todd Murphy, a mentoree of the famous neuroscientist Dr. Michael Persinger. In it he explains how Dr. Persinger proved the existence of telepathy in his airtight experiments, which orthodox science has not challenged and has been published in peer reviewed papers. It's very informative and mind blowing.

Description:

Neurotheology 4 - This talk, by author (see below) Todd Murphy describes how telepathy and remote viewing have been generated in laboratory settings by Dr. M. A. Persinger (inventor of the "God Helmet") using "The Octopus" and "Shiva", circumcerebral (around the head) neural stimulation devices. It also discusses a case history of a possible miracle elicited using neural stimulation. This is part of a series of talks in neurotheology given by the inventor of the 8 Coil Shakti and the Shiva Neural Stimulation system (which replicates the God Helmet). Murphy is also the author of "Sacred Pathways: The Brain's Role in Religious and Mystic Experiences". Psychic skills were outside the range of science until the experiments described in this lecture were published in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. These articles can be found by searching for 'circumcerebral' at www.pubmed.com.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

LMFAO

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Big Name Neuroscientist Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact!

There is just so much wrong with this statement. This was not a presentation of the definitive science but a lecture to reveal what we think we understand about how it could be possible. It is a beginning; it provides the direction that we should be looking.

Persinger tested a theory, he didn't prove any such thing about telepathy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Marco0Aurelio

yeah. i agree. so laughing my ass off......and when the next joke gets here......and that's what is so sad, is when it does, it will be too late,,,for you to laugh or anyone else, and i take no pleasure in that. would hope i was wrong, so wrong

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Psychics who work with Police to solve murders are not sure about it either. I hear them say they get a "picture" or "see" something from touching an object. Maybe someone else knows that answer. Personally I think it is a gift. Not a talent. I think we all are "capable". Some people are more "spiritually" inclined (matters of the spirit) and some are more "materially" inclined (matters of the world).

Well phrased. See my signature for more details.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
reply to post by cuervo

What about Free Will....
That will be impossible.
My fantasies are mine alone.

What if they are not?
You are not alone, so why would your fantasies be for you alone?
Would you take fuller responsibility then for them?
Would it shame you to know you are watched?

You have the free will regardless, but what you see/think/know he sees too, just thought I'd remind you...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbyraw

telepathy has been proven with '___' in the past from what i've heard.

This fallacy came from Timothy Leary and as a quasi-scientist, he should have known better. Telepathy is a gift, an art that has no scientific protocols attached to it unlike, for instance, remote viewing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

This fallacy came from Timothy Leary and as a quasi-scientist, he should have known better. Telepathy is a gift, an art that has no scientific protocols attached to it unlike, for instance, remote viewing.

it;s not a gift everyone can do it. some people have it more readily developed than others because their souls are more evolved

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

it;s not a gift everyone can do it. some people have it more readily developed than others because their souls are more evolved

Eyesight is a gift. Etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I really wish Persinger's experiments were replicated.

I've read through most his research, the implications of some of his reports are utterly astounding.

Take this experiment for example:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
In three different experiments pairs of unrelated people sitting in two different rooms were exposed simultaneously to different rates of circumcerebral rotations of weak, complex magnetic fields in order to produce "dynamic similarity". Quantitative electroencephalographic (QEEG) measurements were taken for one member of each pair in one room while the other sat in a closed chamber in another room and intermittently observed 5Hz, 8Hz, 10Hz, or 15Hz flashing lights. Reliable increases in QEEG power within specific frequencies over the right parietal region were observed during the similar-frequency light flashes when the shared temporal-spatial complexity of the circumcerebral rotating fields was based on 100ms, the average duration of normal microstates. The development of this experimental procedure could facilitate rational understanding of this class of "coincidence" phenomena.

Unfortunately, I rarely find it coupled with replication.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Ha! Already 6 ears of Absolutely... Effective Telepathy (Sy-T way) and Persinger is absolutely criticed here like a trouble for the realy existed Telepathy only: tech.groups.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join