It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Name Neuroscientist Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Marco0Aurelio

The thesis is no longer relevant, because physics theory is not classical physics anymore if you know what I mean,

You need to explain what YOU mean by 'physics theory' and 'classical physics' and why it is not. Because you are displaying an abysmal lack of knowledge of what science is - for someone who makes the kind of statements you do on the subject.

Einstein speaks of the spacetime being curved (not material),

Whether space time is curved or not has absolutely nothing to do with the decision to approach the investigation with a scientific approach (one addressing particles, energy, and processes). Einstein was a founding father of quantum theory! Why because he noted electrons are able to 'jump' from one position around an atom to another seemingly without actually moving. He did this in 1905. Before Bohr and Heisenberg declared realism dead. The debate between these two sides has gone on past their deaths. Einstein believed it is possible to model quantum reality the latter two did not. Einstein believed the very fact quantum mechanics was unable to do this war because it was an incomplete theory. He has been proven since to have been correct on that point!

Anyone interested in the debate then you might enjoy this book.
'Quantum: Einstein, Bohr and the Great Debate About the Nature of Reality' by Manjit Kumar. Google it.

light is considered both particle and wave (not the material def used in materialism)

Whether light is a wave or particle or both makes no difference to a scientific approach to investigation (materialism). But for what its worth the fact it is both is easily explainable within current physics theory as has been taught now at universities all over the world now for decades.

You need to do some reading outside of websites targeting new agers and the religiously devout (to the exclusion of all else I mean).

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

WWu777,
This is an absoltely wonderful post! I love when when people of the trade, in this case a neurtoscientis, study up, test, speak up and fill us in! I love it. I do believe telepathy is just one of the many attributes that we hold as humans that is just being blocked at the moment or that maybe we havent reached a high enough state to remember it and/or function and communicate that way again. I read cool stories about the times when mankind had started to learn to make noises from the throat to communicate, meaning beforehand telepathy was known and practiced and everyone or thing was more connected and on a different level to do so. I wish I was on that level and sometimes with certain people I feel I am a little bit, I feel we all are. I can't wait til a time we as humans fufill our full potential with our amazingly talented brains. If ever.
Oh & how much to use the 'God Helmet'? What a cool invention!! This is a great thread with great information from an awesome study from a wise neuroscientist! lol

Thank for you sharing your knowledge I love this post and all of the knowlege in it!!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I don't need to explain anything, I have studied, I am bachelor in natural sciences, did the first year of physics and philosophy (and I'm about to get my degree on other area), I have done my work and studied, If you haven't that's not my problem, to deaf ears...

And your answer with something that has nothing to do with what we were speaking about, you confuse scientific method with some philosophic theory.

If you knew a little bit of scientific history no explanations would be neccesary, you're arrogant and not worth my time.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Marco I do not mean to sound arrogant. I think of it as being polite but direct. But my initial response to you was in keeping with your own anyway. And lets keep in mind too on ATS we always attempt to shine light on the truth. Do we not?

Your posts addressed to me show no evidence to me at least you are someone with a degree in either a philosophy like metaphysics or science such as physics, let alone a degree in both as you now claim. And I believe you have confused my use of the word 'material' in my post to Unity you objected to - look, you appear to mix up "materialist" in the sense of concerned with money and attainment of things money buys with "materialism" (as I was saying) the philosophy informing science. Apples and oranges. If you had a background in philosophy or physics you would surely know that.

To those other points you make, go back and read this post

edit on 20-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone

Marco I do not mean to sound arrogant. I think of it as being polite but direct. But my initial response to you was in keeping with your own anyway. And lets keep in mind too on ATS we always attempt to shine light on the truth. Do we not?

Your posts addressed to me show no evidence to me at least you are someone with a degree in either a philosophy like metaphysics or science such as physics, let alone a degree in both as you now claim. And I believe you have confused my use of the word 'material' in my post to Unity you objected to - look, you appear to mix up "materialist" in the sense of concerned with money and attainment of things money buys with "materialism" (as I was saying) the philosophy informing science. Apples and oranges. If you had a background in philosophy or physics you would surely know that.

To those other points you make, go back and read this post

edit on 20-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

Okay first off, I never denied having used materialist in the way you say I did, so if you want me to say you are right about it that's fine, but keep reading, if you saw my response about the theory being shaky, it was a -okay, but- response. You are not supposed to know that I don't use the term materialism because it's not relevant to me anymore, so I pointed out that as a philosophy is obsolete because the concepts that make it up have changed (the concept of material for instance, the concept of matter, that's what I gave you examples for). In the next post you talked about scientific method confusing it with materialism, sure it was different to tell apart in the times of aristotle but we're now in year 2012, so confusing them shows that you didn't know or didn't care about the difference and I pointed out.

As I said above you using (I say again the no loger relevant) the academy definition of materialism or the convential day to day is only a matter of choice if you are aware of the difference.

And btw let me remind you that holding a degree says only so much of your knowledge. If you think that a being a professional is about repeating what you were taught in school like a robot, good luck getting a good job, knowledge is now a commodity, so think again. Mind you, one of the most prominent theoretical physicist right now, used to be a plumber and remember the love-hate relationship that most geniouses have with traditional academia of their times.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

FMRI requires a strong magnetic field, to produce a atrong magnetic field you need a strong power source. Weaponizing it would be mos inconvenient, but lets say for a second they could weaponize it, just the wire to carry the electric current would be enormus, and if it were wireless it would make the opperator faint, so both the weapon and the electromagnetic field would be evident, you and those around you would feel it and the ferromagnetic metals would be atracted, so you would just have to identify source of EM field , change location and decide what you will do to/about the source.

The operations and the energy they create electromagnetically are a unique signature. Changing locations would do nothing to help you. Combining energy fields, the use of masers to amplify said fields, and wirelessly directing and relaying to other power sources answers all this.

About the last paragraph, it is just an speculation and something it is never going to happen, for it to happen all of us would have to agree on it, and that's never going to happen, collective mind knows best.

Again, if you can find beginning scientific studies that seem to suggest such is possible (and you can find them going back many, many years) it usually means that it is a fait accompli, as they say, and we are only now finding out the smallest of info about it, and usually couched in positive terms, such as what this technology can do for a Lou Gherig's disease patient, allowing them to communicate in latter stages of paralysis. As to having to agree on it, bullocks. Historically, "the people," that is, the general population almost never is consulted about advances, testing and their uses on them. Wake up and read: Tuskegee, etc. And as for collective mind--are you suggesting we are already in a "hive mind?" For if you are, then you have just contradicted your own above arguments, for this "hive mind," or collective mind as you call it, was hardly achieved naturally. Not that it did not exist at one time, with natural borders and parameters. But those choices have now been taken away, our minds given to something else that tells everyone they are one (it), and acts only in its own behalf, while keeping you, any part left that is authentically you, complacent, calm and copacetic, because it has you convinced of your last statement.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I don't care.

I'm not losing my time on this

sorry (for you that you live in worry and fear)

edit on 1-3-2012 by Marco0Aurelio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Certainly don't want to waste anyone's time. Thanks for your pity, but it's not necessary. For what i write is not out of worry and fear, but out of caution for the sake of yours, mine and everyone else's natural right as a human being to have something left of our own identities that only we control and own---our consciousness and creativity, and the essence of our own souls and how that essence karmically deals with each level of existence--which a hive mind would negate, quite likely, as it then becomes impossible to differentiate between.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
nice threat

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Good, so lets organize and set up one of the first companies offering Telepathic services. Any takers?

Wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to put a meter to it.

If they can't put a meter to it and charge then no one can have it.

It's Tesla all over again and no one cares either way.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If anyone's interested, here is the hub page for Michael Persinger's publications. I emailed him and he gave me this link. Click on the publications tab and you will be brought to an index of downloadable PDF publications by Persinger.

www.persingerpublications.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Let me teach you something about consciousness and about us.

Our bodies are just suits that our body wears, our body is the medium. If you put my consciousness in a hive mind (you give me unlimited direct access and influence); I would act as a virus and I would tear it apart. Consciousness is far less dangerous for control freaks, being "individuated" in a body that sparsed with full access in a hive mind.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

A lot of people have always thought that we have hidden powers. IMO its a no brainer, no pun intended. If you read specific parts of the bible, you will see that there are times where it looks like god is removing abilitys from us as a form of punishment. We also have vestigal organs as well which point in the same direction. I recently did a thread about this and the 10% brain myth. There have never been any conclusive tests that prove that our brains are opperating at 100%, we have nothing to guage it against.

According to wiki on the 10% brain myth they are certain its only a myth and based on nothing, yet they turn around and say we know very little about the brain. The truth is that we actually do have something that tells us that the brain can work better. In an example of specific Savants that don't have any of the disability, its a win win win situation, and proves the brain can function at a higher level, with no disadvantages. It was usually assumed by most that there was a trade off in these situations but in rare Savant cases there is no trade off.

Of course the only thing wrong with the 10% brain myth is the number, we have nothing to guage it on, but it sure looks like the idea is dead on.

There has always been speculation about the Pineal gland. This tiny little piece that looks like a grain of rice appears to be some sort of connection between the cerebral cortex and the cerrebellum. If they are suppose to be working together and aren't, it explains so many things. The wiki on the Pineal gland is just like everything else on the brain, with the exception that the Pineal gland has had many titles and IMO they are just guessing and don't know for sure.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 4-5-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marco0Aurelio
reply to post by tetra50

Let me teach you something about consciousness and about us.

Our bodies are just suits that our body wears, our body is the medium. If you put my consciousness in a hive mind (you give me unlimited direct access and influence); I would act as a virus and I would tear it apart. Consciousness is far less dangerous for control freaks, being "individuated" in a body that sparsed with full access in a hive mind.

Just couldn't resist: thank you so very much for teaching me something. Thank you very much. And now I wish to ask you a question: Is it you the world is waiting on to let go of your ego. Just wondering......And by the way, I'm not living in fear.....there is no living here. We are all dying. Not to be pessimistic, but that is really the truth. So.....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I'll bite. Add to it the freaky experience of thinking of someone just before they call you on the telephone. Or family members knowing the moment somebody has had an accident or died. There is surely a link unlimited by distance. People who haves these and other experiences are not surprised when someone says "scientifically proven". For them it happens all the time and is (somewhat) ordinary. I personally hope I never get used to it.

The flaw here is that people may think of someone just before they call, but they don't think of everyone when they call. A one time deal makes it a coincedence. Same thing with not knowing the moment everytime someone dies. And it doesn't happen all the time.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I'll bite. Add to it the freaky experience of thinking of someone just before they call you on the telephone. Or family members knowing the moment somebody has had an accident or died. There is surely a link unlimited by distance. People who haves these and other experiences are not surprised when someone says "scientifically proven". For them it happens all the time and is (somewhat) ordinary. I personally hope I never get used to it.

Originally posted by jiggerj

The flaw here is that people may think of someone just before they call, but they don't think of everyone when they call. A one time deal makes it a coincedence. Same thing with not knowing the moment everytime someone dies. And it doesn't happen all the time.

Hey Jiggerj, who said anything about one time occurrances? It doesn't happen all the time to me, but enough to get my attention. Different people have different abilities. Some dream things before they happen, solve criminal cases like murders. Some see spirits, heal, whatever. Nobody does it all. Some deny their ability. They are skeptical. No amount of proof will ever be convincing enough that it was ever more than coincidence.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I was pleased to see Dr. Michael Persinger comment on this subject. Some of you may be aware of his work at Laurentian University Canada in attempting to "tap into or simulate" various EM effects of the brain, among some of the more interesting the ability to "simulate" what is typically called a "alien night visitor or ghost like event".

I took part in several studies in the U.S. that had to do with being in an isolated room, screened from all known extraneous Electromagnetic effects and then have the brain "wired" (really more a helmet) used to stimulate certain effects. At the time his view was that all "alien visitation events" were due to EM effects on the human nervous system, notably brain. Also a fMRI and PET scan were employed in the studies I took part in.

Being that these events are so complex and though similar, not identical with in a certain framework, my view was that at the least 1: There could be certain ways these effects would act upon the brain. 2: That certain agencies might employ said techniques for their own reasons. 3: That there were indeed certain higher powered electromagnetic effects that MIGHT trigger such a response, and 4: Something very real was going on for at least some people. I want to note I have never had a "close encounter, bedroom or otherwise, or seen a UFO". Cool aircraft yes, but I could tell what they were due to my work involved extreme maneuverability. Were talking about unmanned drones that pull enough "G's" that will kill any human.

With out question, even knowing this was an experiment, I did "feel or sense" a presence in the room near me, and it was very strong. All tests were recorded and I can assure everyone NO ONE was near me at the time of the tests.
But none of the effects so triggered in a laboratory under controlled conditions the level of complexity that certain "abduction, or uninvited guests" would produce. Not to the extremely complicated effects however, more akin to a "mind awake/body asleep waking dream", and what is often dismissed as sleep paralysis. The "bedroom visitor events are far to complex to explain it away in that manner. Most certainly because there are often associated physical affects, affecting scars, etc on the body as a result.

Other areas this was used in that I was involved in was remote viewing, and stimulation of certain areas to enhance abstract thinking, though under a controlled context. I was not aware that he was doing anything along the lines of telepathy, which I feel does exist given the ability of identical twins and sometimes mother and child (not father and child oddly enough) to detect extreme usually life threatening or hard emotional events.

I am very pleased that Dr. Persinger is doing this work. What I took part in was based on his original template, we just added more in the way of passive and active (PET scans are used with radioactive tracers). Also we are working on synthetic "telepathy", knowing what areas to tap into notably those related to silent thinking, or talking to yourself, with out actually saying anything out loud.

Wonderful work Dr. Hope to see more. Finally we are looking at areas that would have had him laughed out of whatever University, etc one is associated with. I can assure you certain organizations take this VERY seriously. You need a guy like him with impecable credentials to even get someone to listen to let alone publish a hypothisys.

Nicely Done ! (arbiture1200 (Bob) formally "arbiture")
edit on 5/2/12 by arbiture1200 because: more spelling corrections (this is getting old people, me being so dippy)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Very Interesting thread OP.

This brings me to wonder. Everyone always says that the greys can communicate telepathically. a lot of the time it's assumed that they have some organ in their brain responsible for this. what if it just works the exact same way the good professor says it does in his experiments. he says that just as long as both individuals are connected to the same magnetic field and computer managing it (something like that at least) the telepathy works.

So what if it really goes like this for the grays. the leave their ship to confront you. a beam from the ship hits the grey and then links up a second beam (or the same one) with the intended recipient. Bam! like a wireless mental IM connection.

Could be that simple.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Also the professors work brings up an interesting theory or proposition of mine. When the proper em fields are induced via his God Helmet, people see little gray aliens. What if that's how the aliens mask their true identity to us. hit us with a similar beam and make us trip balls so that all we see is some little elf like gray and not what the alien really looks like. maybe they do this because they think we'd find them hideous. or because they are semi etheral, or just to be sneaky.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join