It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Name Neuroscientist Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+98 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well well, look what we have here. Dr. Michael Persinger, the famous Neuroscientist at Ontario University, an Atheist hailed by skeptics for his "God helmet" experiments as being evidence against NDE's being evidence for an afterlife, has turned the tables on his skeptic admirers by announcing that he has now discovered a proven telepathic link in his experiments. See his interview below.

www.skeptiko.com...

Neuroscience Researcher and Laurentian University professor, Dr. Michael Persinger, demonstrates telepathy under laboratory conditions.

Claims of telepathy, ESP and other psi phenomena are a mainstay of popular culture but taboo in neuroscience research circles. Fortunately, Dr. Michael Persinger of Canada’s Laurentian University has never been afraid to venture where other researchers fear to go. In the 1980′s Persinger made headlines with his “God Helmet”, a device that stimulates temporal lobes with a weak magnetic field in order to produce religious states.

Now, Persinger has discovered the same type of brain stimulation can create metal states conducive to human telepathy. “What we have found is that if you place two different people at a distance and put a circular magnetic field around both, and you make sure they are connected to the same computer so they get the same stimulation, then if you flash a light in one person’s eye the person in the other room receiving just the magnetic field will show changes in their brain as if they saw the flash of light. We think that’s tremendous because it may be the first macro demonstration of a quantum connection, or so-called quantum entanglement. If true, then there’s another way of potential communication that may have physical applications, for example, in space travel.”

Here is another article about Persinger's discovery and lecture video:

www.dailygrail.com...

Michael Persinger: 'No More Secrets' with Telepathy
Posted by Greg at 02:53, 17 May 2011

Dr Michael Persinger of Laurentian University quickly became the science darling of skeptics and atheists a decade ago with news of his 'God Helmet', which appeared to show that 'sensed presence' of supernatural entities (and/or 'God') may be simply due to magnetic disturbance of the brain. Since then however, Persinger has not made himself an overly attractive science reference for skeptics as he has been involved with, and claims to have achieved positive results in, experimental parapsychology.

Earlier this year, Persinger gave the following lecture, titled "No More Secrets". In it, he detailed his theories on the connection between magnetic fields and the brain, in particular how this relationship could facilitate telepathy and remote viewing. He notes particular experiments and individuals (Ingo Swann, Sean Harribance) that seem to give evidence supporting his theories, and makes some fairly extraordinary claims which I'm sure will lead to some debate.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 11-2-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, a distinguished biologist and author, has also conducted noteworthy telepathy experiments that have confirmed the existence of ESP. In his books, such as "Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home" and "The Sense of Being Stared At", he has documented telepathic experiments involving animals knowing in advance when their owners were coming home, and humans who were able to demonstrate consistent above chance that they could sense when they were being stared at. His findings were so airtight and irrefutable in fact, that arch debunker James Randi could do nothing but use cheap ad hominem attacks on him and his research.

Dr. Sheldrake believes that a “morphic resonance field” exists between humans and animals, which account for the existence of telepathy. You can learn more about Dr. Sheldrake’s research and books on his website at www.sheldrake.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Marking for later. Should prove an interesting read.

Telepathy and telekinesis is very real...we're just beginning to discover it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here are some more related lectures to watch:

www.shaktitechnology.com...

Contents of the lectures:

Videos- Six Lectures on Neurotheology

by Todd Murphy, associate member of Laurentian University Behavioral Neurosciences program, under the direction of Dr. M.A. Persinger

Hosted by Vimeo

God and the Brain. (1 Hour and 47 minutes) (Oct 4th, 2008)

The brain's role in visions of God ~ Near-Death Experiences ~ Case histories of people who've seen God ~ The "God Helmet" ~ The 'sensed presence' ~ More

Reincarnation in Human Evolution (Darwinian Reincarnation) (1 Hour and 29 minutes) (Sept 4th, 2008)

How reincarnation appeared in our evolutionary history ~ the physical basis for rebirth ~ a new view of karma ~ More

Enlightenment, The Self, and the Brain, (1 hour and 29 minutes) (Sept. 11th, 2008).

What is the self? ~ How does enlightenment happen? ~ Why do some enlightened people teach and others remain silent? ~ More

Psychic Skills and Miracles. (1 Hour and 44 minutes) (Sept 18, 2008)

A new technology for psychic skills ~ How to (try) to do miracles ~ remote viewing and telepathy ~ More

Putting Neurotheology into practice. (1 Hour and 31 minutes) (Sept 25, 2008)

How to choose (or suggest) spiritual practices by looking at a person's individual neural history ~ Deja vu ~ Temporal lobe epilepsy ~ More

The Sacred Body - (1 Hour and 20 Minutes) (Oct 4th, 2008)

Kundalini & the Chakras ~ Subtle Bodies ~ Chi ~ Yoga

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I just saw Persinger's public lecture video I linked above. It was great. Very educational. I highly recommend it to you all. His explanations were very clear and articulate too. There were some good question and answers from the audience afterward as well.

Persinger attributes the telepathy he discovered with the earth's geomagnetic field. His experiments also involved a magnetic field between the test subjects. It is a sort of "quantum entanglement" as Dean Radin said. Somehow, this magnetic field contains a mechanism for telepathy.

Whatever the mechanism, the bottom line is that WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG that minds are linked to each other even though the people may be apart. In 1995, I woke up knowing that my girlfriend had been in a car accident. An hour later she called me to tell me that it happened. It wasn't a feeling, but a knowing. Examples like that are very common. I knew back then, in 1995, that it was telepathy. And now, science has proven that I WAS RIGHT!

This is a huge point for the paranormalists, and a huge point against the JREF and CSICOP crowd. James Randi and Michael Shermer said that telepathy doesn't exist and that there was no proof for it. Well, they were WRONG! Science has confirmed it!

Persinger ought to apply for the JREF Challenge. He could use the million to fund more experiments in telepathy. lol

In the lecture, Persinger also talked about the implication of this, that it would not allow governments and the elite to keep secrets and control people. Wow. lol. I didn't know he was against governments keeping secrets. lol. He sounded almost like a conspiracy theorist there. lol. He also said that if we were all connected to an empathetic mind, in which we felt the suffering of everyone else in the world, that it would help end wars and poverty. Fascinating implications. Perhaps we really are reaching an era of "global consciousness" after all?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

While Persinger’s experiments could prove groundbreaking, he remains doubtful about his controversial findings reaching his colleagues, “I think the critical thing about science is to be open-minded. It’s really important to realize that the true subject matter of science is the pursuit of the unknown. Sadly scientists have become extraordinarily group-oriented. Our most typical critics are not are mystic believer types. They are scientists who have a narrow vision of what the world is like.”
reply to post by WWu777

I find all of this fascinating, but this quote of his above, is of particular interest to me. I have been debating this point on more than one thread, and on a thread that doesn't necessarily deal with the same topic as this one, but a topic closely linked. The member who created that thread, even though I agreed with his information, insisted that any other information regarding what he had posted was scientifically disinformative, while asserting only one science based viewpoint was possible. The way it relates is someone brought up telepathy in his thread and was treated as an idiot--face palms, etc. In fact, that thread was also about AI computer interfaces to human brain, but using ELF, electric low frequency. He asserted that electromagnetic fields were solely about voice to skull, but could not induce emotional states. Very happy to run across your research and thread. I knew this was out there, but could not remember this particular scientist's name despite racking my brain the last two days and looking for the research, so thank you.
But also, it becomes frustrating to debate science with people so close minded to what science really is intended to be, as stated in the quote above. However, I am not very happy about where I believe this research has brought us, and what must of it is arising out of and how it has been used for nefarious purposes for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Persinger noted another interesting thing in the lecture - that when you use an MS Windows operating system, it seems to block remote viewing/ESP, as Ingo Swann found. That's interesting. I wonder if that is deliberate. If so, it may mean Microsoft is in on the "suppression of human global consciousness" too. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Support by mainstream academics and scientists for paranormal abilities is nothing knew. Dr Stephen Phillips, a British theoretical physicist, proved in 1980 that quarks had been remote-viewed over a century ago. His website is:
smphillips.8m.com...
He was invited in 1984 by Nobel-Prize winning physicist Professor Brian Josephson to give a seminar on his research for physicists at the world-famous Cavendish Laboratory at the University of Cambridge, England. He has been supported by some other distinguished scientists and people in high places. Check out his research and make up your own minds.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

...he has documented telepathic experiments involving animals knowing in advance when their owners were coming home, and humans who were able to demonstrate consistent above chance that they could sense when they were being stared at.

I'll bite. Add to it the freaky experience of thinking of someone just before they call you on the telephone. Or family members knowing the moment somebody has had an accident or died. There is surely a link unlimited by distance. People who haves these and other experiences are not surprised when someone says "scientifically proven". For them it happens all the time and is (somewhat) ordinary. I personally hope I never get used to it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting lecture. The question I had that nobody asked was... How do you plan on blocking access to all this knowedge to the general public... and allowing access to just the select few??? I already know the answer... but I was just wondering how he would have skirted around the question.
edit on 8-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The possibilities of utilizing these results are insane. Emitters could be placed around the world like a grid and actually create a direct and organic internet. The empathy required to digest this sort of brain functionality would force people to actually feel and experience the injustices they are responsible for.

This, combined with (near) free energy sources, would completely end all conflict and greed.

I feel we are actually approaching a fully ethical society that many have been predicting. Or... it will just be used to advertise pharmaceutics and McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Over simplistic, I know, but if the mind is an open line, it works in two directions. Apparently, vis a vis this research, information can be shared by human minds, and by other research, shared and retrieved, and perhaps even induced, from computer to human. There are always positive implications. But some of the negative could be judging information created and coming from a place where it is only induced, and then judgements about responsibility attributed to the wrong identity....
You, in your post, went right there with it, after all, with this part:

The empathy required to digest this sort of brain functionality would force people to actually feel and experience the injustices they are responsible for.

edit on 8-2-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I am a psychology major, we are told not to believe in pseudoscience and whatnot. However, that doesn't stop me from being very interested in the subject. While I do remain skeptical about many things, I will still approach it with an open mind.

My father has always told me a story of a "connection" he has with his twin brother. One time he just had this "sense" that his brother was at a particular bridge contemplating suicide and when my dad went there, his brother was indeed there. I am not a religious person. I do not consider this an act of god. You tell me, how did my father know this?

So yeah, even as a psych major with a fairly high gpa, I still do not rule out something just because it is considered to be pseudoscience. It is alright for the human to be a curious animal, curiosity will lead to advancement. Or it will kill the cat... You decide.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

Curiosity killed the cat... and satisfaction brought it back. So says my aunt.

Your dad went to that bridge because someone looking over his brother's shoulder told him to. Probably some yahoo involved in twin studies.

edit on 8-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about a lot of things.

Ever feel trapped?

I felt trapped inside my mind once. There's nothing worse than that feeling. Without warning I came aware that I was trapped inside this head and couldn't get out. It was a queer feeling.

I remember the exact place where I had the feeling. I remember not ever wanting to feel it again.

I have dreams where I fly. It's always gratifying to not feel held down.

I wonder if indulgence and addiction and other things are an expression of our internal knowledge of being trapped? If what he says about some computers and devices blocking this interaction.

Maybe we know we're trapped but we're not sure how it happened.

Maybe some of us feel trapped more than others and for other reasons. Who knows.

Maybe Santa Claus is real. Maybe elves feast at night deep in the forests outside of human senses.

Maybe I and you and everybody else aren't even real. Maybe clouds are cotton and stars are holes in a black carpet. Outside the carpet are the lights of heaven shining through.

There may be something to all this. But we're not there yet. Major institutions have to explore it. Without that then all of this is no better than peddling snake oil to the blind as bats fools who eat it up.

If a million people donate $1 then that's 1 million for research into this field. Just a thought.
edit on 8-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

What about Free Will....
That will be impossible.
My fantasies are mine alone.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Very cool find WWu777 – S&F. It just goes to show in an age when so many people think we've nearly got all the answers we've actually only just discovered the very tip of the iceberg.

Shame you didn't post this in the 'Science and Technology' Forum, this would have definitely ruffled a few feathers there.....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
reply to post by cuervo

What about Free Will....
That will be impossible.
My fantasies are mine alone.

But they're not. Even Jung understood this and hung his hat and career on that belief. We are all a collective with pesky egos to prevent us from achieving our full potential.

If you were to look at the human species objectively and wondered how they would evolve from our contemporary state of being, a shared consciousness seems like the natural next step.

Individuality without ego is divine. We are heading to that divinity.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well yeah,,as of late these experiments are explained and beautifully expounded in David Wilcock's "The Source Field Investigations" & also in the new documentary about Quantum Physics and Amit Goswami called "The Quantum Activist".

I highly recommend them both in order to further understand the implications of such scientific observations.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
talking about dogs knowing when their owners come home.. my golden lab would start barking and run to the window randomly when my mom still lived with us. and what do you know? my mom would pull in about 30 seconds later or around there. and no she didnt have a loud car either ;P

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join