It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper's Nest At The Super Bowl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Besides, Giselle Bundchen's husband can't throw the (expletive) ball, catch the ball, and secure the stadium and its occupants by himself.

LOL! Now isn't that the truth. Maybe the spotter from the hide could have helped him......

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just Radical Islamists do these things?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Actually most SWAT snipers have very good self control. I think given what's going on this is needed

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
this could very easily be real. The Super Bowl is a perfect attack for a suicide bomber or car bomb or simply some one unloading an extended clip uzi into your rib cage at the game. Every single round will nearly make contact with flesh , and they are EASY to conceal.

Hundreds of people would easily be killed if there isnt a quick trigger ready.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

A CCW citizen close-by would be better than a long range sniper against a moving target.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by milkyway12
this could very easily be real. The Super Bowl is a perfect attack for a suicide bomber or car bomb or simply some one unloading an extended clip uzi into your rib cage at the game. Every single round will nearly make contact with flesh , and they are EASY to conceal.

Hundreds of people would easily be killed if there isnt a quick trigger ready.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

A CCW citizen close-by would be better than a long range sniper against a moving target.

Not unless they had frangible ammo or a hard backstop....most 9mm and up ammo will go through and through a human target....that creates issues for those that are just there to see a good game. I would hope the snipers were geared up with frangibles, but with a serious threat I would also assume collateral, whether that be 1 or a couple extras, would be within acceptable limits.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

reply to post by Aliensdoexist

With the barrel of his weapon sticking out from his shooting position? No, sorry.

If he were to backup about 12 inches it would be a bit more believable.
Part of being a sniper is not being seen.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the picture is real and the shot is staged...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Technomancer01

Take a closer look.
His "co sniper" is a reflection.
If he is behind security glass, why is the muzzle of the rifle sticking through the glass?

Have you noticed the super bowl sign......
its spelled

LWOB REPUS (hint.....thats backwards)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Saw this posted with a lot more information elsewhere a couple days ago. First, that's a custom rifle in an XLR chassis system. Second, it's real. Three, these pictures were taken before the game started, and the rifle was not loaded at any time. The shooter was simply testing the bipod. During the game all observation was done via binoculars.

For those of you who want to check my info, here
edit on 9-2-2012 by ShadeWolf because: Added link

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Cool pic

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

If your talking about a sniper on a mission to assassinate a general in Cambodia somewhere, then sure, but moder, urban security measures require that a tactical sniper team ADAPT to whatever the situation calls for. Several snipers in positions above everyone in the crowd gives them perfect OBSERVATIONAL COVERAGE of the situation... And a good seat to watch the game from. I'm also certain that not many people at the game even noticed he was there. Even a trained observer would have a hard time spotting the tip of a rifle barrel with all the lights and crap going on in the stadium. Sorry to bust your bubble. Read some Tom Clancy and learn something for Christ sake.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There's a bunch more pictures of the setup, and also snipers outsde a previous superbowl in this article

It says the rifles were not setup during the actual event, and the snipers observed the crowd with binoculars.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
There's a bunch more pictures of the setup, and also snipers outsde a previous superbowl in this article

It says the rifles were not setup during the actual event, and the snipers observed the crowd with binoculars.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Well, I call BS on that. What is the point of the nest if the rifles aren't set up? They observe the crowd with binoculars, not with the scope of the rifle. This makes sense because the scope has a limited field of sight.

But you better believe that those rifles are set up. I don't care what the article said.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Also, I can't believe that people question the reality of this sniper nest. I know for a fact that they set these up at Ohio State for every single home game. Even when OSU is playing bush league teams at the beginning of the season. So, of course they have them at the Super Bowl.

And why would they care if the barrel of the rifle is sticking out? They are not trying to hide. Besides, how many people are going to notice it up there anyway? Did you see how far up they are. Even with the barrel sticking out, they would be barely visible unless you are looking right at them with binoculars.

It's the same at OSU games. They set up tents on top of the buildings that have a sight line down into the stadium. They are not hiding the tents, but still the great majority of people just don't notice. When I point them out to people there is no argument about what they are or why they're there. It's common sense as far as I'm concerned. If I ever go to a game and I don't see the snipers, then I'll worry.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I love how some people on this post act like the snipers built this hide.
LOL that is funny... I don't think anyone said the snipers built the hide? Did they?

Originally posted by Vasa CroeIt is a pre-existing structure that they have to work with to get an advantageous position to shoot from...hence the hide they are in.
AH you got that one right...

Originally posted by Vasa CroeThere have been plenty of shots taken by MANY snipers in MANY wars from windows WITH blinds to fire through....
Yes you are possibly correct but i assume when you say "fire through" you are saying that they fired "BETWEEN" the blinds? not THROUGH the blinds? I would assume, too, that you have considered that snipers DO NOT fire THROUGH a glass pane! It WILL deflect the bullet. IT WILL... SIMPLE... However, they can fire INTO a location IF the suspect is CLOSE to the glass window but to fire through glass close to the sniper would alter the trajectory.

Originally posted by Vasa CroeVery real photo, very real sniper, and if you don't believe it then go to the next Bowl bring your glass.....if you are looking for them you will spot them.
I believe it is a very real PHOTO and definately NOT a drawing or sketch. I believe it is staged and NOT a proper vantage point for the sniper to shoot from. A pro would know this. I don't dispute they may be there because i don't know.

Possibly he could lay down and have no glass in the path of the bullet...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I know who Tom Clancy is, and I'm aware of how he gathers intel. How about you pull you head out of your book and enlist for a few years.......you will learn something.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Good photos but any good sniper will NEVER stick the barrel of the rifle out of a window, they fire from within the center of the room.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Maybe you should ask if I've served already????

Maybe you shouldn't assume I gather all of my information from books????

Maybe you should just keep your trap shut about subjects you know next to nothing about??

A sniper at the super bowl is not there to be out of site and out of mind a mile away, he's there to let a hostile threat know that there's big guns pointed at them ready to flip em off like a switch if they get stupid.

This is not a bush situation where a sniper in a gillie suit waits for 5 days to take the perfect shot, therefor no reason to build the perfect sniper blind. Urban operations dictate a sniper adapt to his surroundings, and once again I want to point out that there were several fire teams there! Not just the one in the pic.

edit on 10-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When the talk turns to terrorism I turn to this simple comparison:

Over a 10 year period 3,000 people were killed by terrorism in the U.S.
Over a 10 year period 300,000 people were killed by ordinary traffic accidents in the U.S.

Having sniper nests at the Super Bowl is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by vogon42

Maybe you should just keep your trap shut about subjects you know next to nothing about??

Well pardon me, I was simply denying your ignorance.

Having the sniper intentionally in public view makes no sense. Its like pulling your weapon as a bluff.....If you had any real experience, you would know never to do this.

If you want a show of force, station guards at entrances and in hallways. Body armor, and shotgun (FULL choke of course, with shot no larger than #4 buck), or perhaps a carbine with LRN bullets, or glaciers. These are at least acceptable weapons in a crowded situation.

What sniper rifle would you possibly fire into a crowd and not expect over penetration?

Where could you have possibly served that makes you think pulling your weapon as a bluff is ok?

(there have been a few troops I've had to pull off to the side and correct on occasion, but nothing that stupid)
edit on 11-2-2012 by vogon42 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join