It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper's Nest At The Super Bowl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
If these sniper nests are real....what situation do 'they' expect?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anything and everything. When it doesn't happen, that's great. If it does... I'm personally glad we have some good guys on the high ground with firepower standing by. Yes, I know "good guys" is problematic for some. It just doesn't happen to be for me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Oops, missed the quote...
edit on 8/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
typical fear mongering.
Ah the Iranian war propaganda.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by zatara

A terror attack... Maybe? Just a guess but a stadium full of 80000 people and a handful of celebrities and political officials would be a target of opportunity for some of our enemies.... You know?

It is a sick, sick world we live in. So measures have to be taken to protect the INNOCENT lives of people who are not as sick as others.

I'm a little dismayed at how many ATS members are shocked by this. SUPER BOWL.... SECURITY.....

What's more secure than a trained soldier with a .50 cal? A tank..... But that wouldn't fit in the nest now would it?

I do not know about such massive sniper rifles or any fire-arm for that matter but.....would it not be risky to shoot from such a distance into the crowd. You know,.....the chance to shoot an innocent sport fan who just stood up and will receive a bullit in his head instead.....and because of the power of the gun kill the two person behind him with that one shot?

Its all a bit crazy if you ask me. I think it would be better to show police presence in the crowd.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I understand your concern, it's pretty typical. On the flip side though what's worse if a terror scenario took place? 1 civilian casualty, MAYBE, from an over fire, and a dead terrorist.... Or a terrorist who executes his attack with a bomb or a series of bombs... Which is their normal MO.

Personally I would prefer to have the snipers and not need them, then tell them to take the day off and have TSHTF.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry wrong answer. Propaganda, sure. But not Iranian war propaganda. It's more of a, look at what we had waiting just in case.

Keep barkin up that tree though.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not surprising or even unexpected, to be honest. It is the largest sporting spectacle in the USA every year and is bound to be a high profile potential target for problems.

Besides, Giselle Bundchen's husband can't throw the (expletive) ball, catch the ball, and secure the stadium and its occupants by himself.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

I suppose this is necessary , but I find it kinda creepy also.

As a poster commented : "What are you freaking out about? The safety was totally..."

/checks side of rifle

*COUGH*click*COUGH*

"...on!" And I need to say something more................ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

deadspin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

Looks like a gun made by E.D.M. Arms called the "Windrunner" and the scope looks identical to the scope I have on my rifle made by "US Optics", they used to make the scopes for the military under a different company name "Unertl", your looking at around 10k of gear in that picture, pretty high end stuff. Also by looking at the width of the magazine on the gun I'd say it was chambered in .308 win. a .50bmg or .338 Lapua would be way overpowered for an overwatch role at a major sporting event, even .308 is a bit overpowered even at 200-300 yards it would overpenetrate and possibly put an innocent person in harms way.
edit on 8/2/12 by Aliensdoexist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
BS!
Complete and total BS.

Anyone who is a half educated sniper would not take a position like that.

That position is WAY too open and obvious. Do a bit of web research on the topic and you will understand why those pics are crap.

Now if our "sniper" is Barny Fife.....I might believe it, but that position would have to be made by some one who has VERY little to almost NO training on the situation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Actually, the one shot from the nest viewing strait out looks like it has pretty good coverage. And once again this is obviously not a conventional sniper nest, you know, since it's the effing super bowl.

And another thing to remember, again, is that if they had one sniper positioned, they had more. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
BS!
Complete and total BS.

That position is WAY too open and obvious. Do a bit of web research on the topic and you will understand why those pics are crap.

Now if our "sniper" is Barny Fife.....I might believe it, but that position would have to be made by some one who has VERY little to almost NO training on the situation.

Being in an elevated position like they are changes everything because gravity won't effect bullet drop as much as shooting on a horizontal plane but it's not very hard to do if you practice for it but gets much more difficult if your tying to hit targets 1000 yards away which for these snipers they are probably at the most 200-250 yards away so its not a huge factor. These pics could be fake but they probably aren't these snipers have no need for ghille suits or camo to hide their location since they don't have to worry about counter-snipers looking for them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What's so hard to believe and difficult to understand about this?
What if something had truly happened and the security folks were I'll prepared to deal with the situation?

We would all be slamming on the security folks right now, that's what!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
BS!
Complete and total BS.

This.

It's a photoshop, but if it were real you would've had many MANY people calling in a shooter threat within minutes. Most people in the upper bowl use binoculars to see the game, and there is plenty of commercial time to sit back and look around (if you've ever been to a sporting event like that, you know that you don't spend 100% of the time watching the field). The 'sniper' is way out in the open, no cover whatsoever, is only covering a select section of the game itself, of that he can only realistically hit a very small box of targets in front of him before having to completely adjust his position and stand, which would create enough motion that even those with beer goggles could see.

Fake/10.
edit on 8-2-2012 by MRedfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is how they got Rep. Giffords and Judge Roll. Send in a MK-Ultra idiot spraying rounds while the pros on a nearby rooftop do the real killing.
edit on 8-2-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

I believe if we look closer him and his co-sniper (next to him in back) are behind security glass i.e. opaque eye in the sky type glass which would look dark brown/black from the crowd side.

Also, the why show the pictures after the fact, just some We Are Watching propaganda, reinforcing that 'you the sheeple are safe' and 'you the baddies are being watched without knowing it'.

-Zz

Upon closer look they had a curtain to draw over the weapon and a pair of binoculars for just looking before shooting, and I'm sure they had more nests and spotters elsewhere since a sniper never works without a caller. Snipers don't identify targets, they get them called out to them along with target conditions, distance, wind etc, blue hat, black jacket, etc... and they take the shot. The spotter's job is to minimize what the sniper has to concentrate on, he should only be 'meditating' on being one with the weapons system and the target until ooops he is surprised that the round is already flying down-range.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Technomancer01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of "Shooter"...decent movie.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think let's take a good step back and "look" at the situation.

AH see it? Now consider this for a moment that the sniper would not ALWAYS be shooting ahead - right? Even if there were 4 or 8 positions (overkill - excuse the pun) that had these nests - just take a good look.

Any seasoned sniper, who is on his game and understand wind, weather etc etc would NOT put a WINDOW in his line of fire. There would ALSO be NO window frames for him to contend with. ALL of these things have a serious effect on the accuracy of his shot. He stands to kill an innocent person AND not only that - he will also endanger himself with shards of glass etc. Ever shot a real sniper rifle? Ever been on a range with REAL snipers? I mean the PROFESSIONAL variety?

A bullet can become ballistically unstable after even hitting a blade of grass. The shot is compromised!! A window? Window Frame?

I am GLAD the title is "This LOOKS like..." Looks like!!! NOT IS!! There are a number of reasons why a REAL trained sniper would not shoot from this position.

I believe, in MHO that is, that this is staged and fake.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Primary Platform Apple Computer Inc.
Profile Date Time 2012:01:25 03:41:57
14 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes, 37 seconds ago
Profile Copyright FB

Exif Byte Order Big-endian (Motorola, MM)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

They are real pictures

deadspin.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I love how some people on this post act like the snipers built this hide. It is a pre-existing structure that they have to work with to get an advantageous position to shoot from...hence the hide they are in. There have been plenty of shots taken by MANY snipers in MANY wars from windows WITH blinds to fire through. The chances anyone saw these guys is very slim. While you may think they are not hidden, think about how high up they are, how far back from the window they are sitting, and who would be looking for them.....NOBODY.

Very real photo, very real sniper, and if you don't believe it then go to the next Bowl bring your glass.....if you are looking for them you will spot them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join