It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper's Nest At The Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper's Nest At The Super Bowl

deadspin.com

Some photos with no backstory are making the rounds, showing what appears to be an Indianapolis police sniper checking out his post in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium in the hours or days before the Super Bowl, a post that would be manned when the game began. Yes, we know there's nothing surprising about trained marksmen working the biggest sporting event of the year. We also know it's pretty damn cool to see what the Super Bowl snipers are working with.

It's standard operating procedure to have an invisible law enforcement presence at any high-profile event, let alone one with the atte
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I suppose this is necessary , but I find it kinda creepy also.

As a poster commented : "What are you freaking out about? The safety was totally..."

/checks side of rifle

*COUGH*click*COUGH*

"...on!" And I need to say something more................ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

deadspin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Well looks like he has a great view of the game.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Truly sad what our world has come to.

Thanks for sharing.

I have no doubt they are real.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And we know this is real because...?

This is an age of hoaxers and fable-meisters. People will create photos for the heck of it. I don't see police taking photos of a sniper station (if they had one) for ANY reason at all, and I don't see them creating a sniper station and then wandering off with the door unlocked.

I'm calling 'bogus.'

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just another way the mafia intimidates the referees to make bad calls in favor of the Vegas lines. The bookies did well when the Patriots lost.

What exactly is the point of such a thing besides intimidation?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Very interesting that these pics even hit the net. I would assume whomever took them is being heavily scrutinized right now. Interesting if this is the only hide and also interesting that there are two rifles visible in one pic hinting at more than one sniper in a single position. Wonder how many more hides were set up in the stadium. Great find! Next time I go somewhere with that much publicity I will be looking to the rafter with my binocs....though that may be a good way to paint myself as a target.
edit on 2/8/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And I have no problem believing this is the real deal as I do know police SWAT teams actively set up hides like this at large public venues. That and the sniper notebook on the floor in front of the rifle says Indianapolis Metro Police on it......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I agree. What would the police have to gain by releasing a photo showing one of their own aiming a possible loaded weapon at crazy drunk football fanatics. I recognize that security was probably very tight, but this photo doesn't make sense for a lot of reasons.

link   
Doesn't look fortified at all.

2nd

link   
this could very easily be real. The Super Bowl is a perfect attack for a suicide bomber or car bomb or simply some one unloading an extended clip uzi into your rib cage at the game. Every single round will nearly make contact with flesh , and they are EASY to conceal.

Hundreds of people would easily be killed if there isnt a quick trigger ready.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

There's nothing bogus about it!!!!

You think they would opt to not have every security measure in place for the largest sporting event in the US? I think you are mistaken. That nest is very real, and so are the rifles sitting in it. I'm also certain that if they had one there, then there was another one somewhere else covering yet another angle.

You would be surprised how many rifles have been pointed in your general direction without you ever being aware of it. Cops and Feds regularly have snipers placed in nests like this for a plethora of public situations I'm certain the Super Bowl qualifies as a high security event.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
All those Patriots dropping passes in the last two minutes suddenly makes a lot more sense now...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Truly sad what our world has come to.

Thanks for sharing.

I have no doubt they are real.

It is very sad…if only there weren’t radical Islamists who were more than willing to blow up innocent civilians enjoying a sporting event this wouldn’t be necessary.

Sporting events by their very nature attract the attention of millions of people worldwide which unfortunately makes them powerful targets for terrorist trying to make a statement to the world just as the 9 11 terrorist attacks did in 2001.

Here are a few examples:

1972 – Palestinian terrorists attack Israeli team at Munich Olympics

1996 – Atlanta Olympic Games targeted with a pipe bomb

2002 – Terrorists bomb Madrid on Champions League semi-final day

2006 – Iraqi athletes get targeted

2009 – Sri Lankan cricket team bus attacked

link

Just imagine if the people who would stoop to this level of action (IRAN) had nuclear weapons! What would the police sniper do to stop that??

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's only intimidating if your the guy theyre looking for. To be honest seeing things like this actually gives me a little confidence that people in charge of security for the public actually no what they are doing. Having several snipers placed at key positions means no one gets away. I would rather have a sniper team. in place that doesn't fire a shot, than not have one in place. What happens when the whole stadium falls under attack??? No snipers means bad guys win.

Seriously people, not every cop with a gun is part of the great TPTB conspiracy to take your freedom from you. Some of these guys are actually therefor your PROTECTION.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Nothing new here... Been going on for some time now...

Im surprised no one got photos of the military jets that are usually flying skycap for these types of events.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If these sniper nests are real....what situation do 'they' expect? A crazy person shooting aimlessly innocent bystanders. Or was this one of Madonnas crazy demands?

What to make of it....? We live in a sick world maybe?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
this could very easily be real. The Super Bowl is a perfect attack for a suicide bomber or car bomb or simply some one unloading an extended clip uzi into your rib cage at the game. Every single round will nearly make contact with flesh , and they are EASY to conceal.

Hundreds of people would easily be killed if there isnt a quick trigger ready.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

That (what if) mentality is far more scary than a potential terrorist. You may as well just have armed soldiers everywhere just in case someone has an UZI outside their home with that logic.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
*double*
edit on 8-2-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

A terror attack... Maybe? Just a guess but a stadium full of 80000 people and a handful of celebrities and political officials would be a target of opportunity for some of our enemies.... You know?

It is a sick, sick world we live in. So measures have to be taken to protect the INNOCENT lives of people who are not as sick as others.

I'm a little dismayed at how many ATS members are shocked by this. SUPER BOWL.... SECURITY.....

What's more secure than a trained soldier with a .50 cal? A tank..... But that wouldn't fit in the nest now would it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join