It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Inhale Your Caffeine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Oh man, I wonder how many of these things we will start to see people huffing?

(WXYZ) - Sipping on coffee and downing energy drinks could soon be a thing of the past.
A new product called AeroShot is an inhalable form of caffeine.
Sound futuristic? It’s not. AeroShot is already on the shelves in New York and Massachusetts, plus you can purchase it online.
AeroShot comes in the form of an inhaler, about the size of a lipstick tube. Each plastic canister contains 100 milligrams of caffeine—about the same amount that’s in a large cup of coffee.
Read more: www.wxyz.com...

From another article:

AeroShot’s delivery system is a light, plastic inhaler that shoots lime-flavored puffs of powdered caffeine to the tongue, where they are instantly absorbed. Each inhaler contains three puffs, providing a total of 100 mg of caffeine — about as much as in a large cup of coffee.

The product also contains 100% of the recommended daily allowance of niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. It’s sweetened with stevia, an herbal sweetener that is up to 300 times sweeter than sugar and has no calories.

Read more: healthland.time.com...

They suggest 20mg per hour to keep from falling asleep during the day. What happened to just being awake?
Here is the co's page and it also promotes the idea of 'breathable foods.'

www.aeroshots.com...
Check the "how far will you go" part, kids are gonna love it!

Peace and speed vapors

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If you dont have time to enjoy a cup of coffee, you're not living life! I think this is a terrible idea. Why are people embracing this culture of 'speed', everything is efficient, fast paced, fits in with your schedule- what ever happened to just taking a second to be quiet. besides that, i dont think this will go so good with a cigarette lol
edit on 8-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

link   
I heard something about this. It makes me wonder what it would do to your lungs. It says that it delivers it to the tongue but won't some get breathed in? Also, just how safe is that? I can imagine a kid getting some and just going wild, doing one after another.

link   
Thats pretty messed up, I work long hours in a factory, lifting heavy stuff all day and I dont even drink coffee, let alone contemplate snorting caffiene up my nose! The world has gone crazy again.. What happened to a good nights sleep?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

No doubt el 1jah, the entire ritual of smelling and drinking a warm robust cup of java surely trumps this experience.
I reckon they are trying to get in on the lucrative energy supplement/drink industry. With a cig? Nah, doesn't sound too good at all.

spec

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to get me some of these!
If I don't have to deal with the bitterness of coffee without sugar then I'm for it!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Yes most will reach the lungs, it is marketed as an inhaler. But it's safe, it didn't even need FDA approval, so we're good to go!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

No snorting, although I am sure some will do that, but it is an inhaler for huffing into the lungs. Still, a bit crazy imo, but I bet these things sell like hot cakes.

spec

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I just realized its LIME flavored
what were they thinking?! Im surprised they have not invented a caffeine patch, even that is more appealing than spraying lime flavored chemical into your mouth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

So you would rather huff this stuff as opposed to coffee with sugar? No way man!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I wonder if they come in coffee flavor? It would seem to make sense of they want to promote a coffee alternative, but maybe they are bypassing that notion and going straight to the energy aspect.
I love the shotgun shell packaging too, it'll be a big hit I'd imagine.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm still curious about the inhalable food stuff they are talking about. I guess they tried to use this delivery system with alcohol, but numerous states decided against it....ya think.

Politicians are no strangers to hot air, which may explain why so many are rushing to condemn a new gadget that enables users to inhale vaporized alcohol. The contraption, known as AWOL (short for Alcohol Without Liquid), looks like an asthma inhaler and reputedly gets booze to the brain faster. Eighteen states have introduced legislation banning the device, and last week Kansas became the second state (after Colorado) to sign its bill into law. "This is the equivalent of putting a funnel at bars, inviting people to get drunker quicker," says Florida state senator Mike Haridopolos, who cosponsored that state's anti-AWOL bill.

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]My morning ritual would be shot without freshly brewed coffee...

I will be passing on this one

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I'm with you, on both notions

Nothing will replace my morning ritual. I like your signature btw, nice.

spec

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

[color=dodgerblue]Thank you (: some one made it for me.

The only time I didn't drink my morning coffee was when I was pregnant. The smell of it made me feel sick so I had to pack up the coffee maker until they were born. I drank chocolate milk instead

edit on 9-2-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wanted to add a recent news report:

The FDA is concerned eh? Imagine dat.
So it is meant to go onto the tongue and yet called 'breathable?" Yea I can see some issues there.
Wonder how crazy this will get, and I hope the packages are recyclable.

new topics

top topics

join