It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we creating our own evolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this for some time.

If you look at micro chips and computer technology they are like the cells and building blocks that life is made up of, inside circuit boards and a processors they are like human cells and the way our body work, a very basic form but there are lots of similarities.

They say in the bible and other religious texts that god made man in the image of himself, well we seem to be doing the same thing now with robots and cybernetic humans, the technology that is out at present is astounding, some of the Japanese robots look and move so real, they are also being taught speech and emotions, where will this technology be in a thousand years?

When they make it so a robot is able to reproduce then we will have created evolution would we not? How about in 10 thousand years where will technology be, will humans be half cyborg? Will robots rule the earth and be like we humans are now except they will be able to talk to each other telepathically, they will be able to record data (much like our brains) except be able to play the data on screen, they would be able to do things humans couldn't possibly do, we are creating our own evolution.

They are currently creating nano bot technology, I think that this could be the building blocks for robotic sperm, maybe we were made from (gods) "in their image" just like what we are doing now with robots and technology, maybe we are an ancient cybernetic computer made by other beings that look like us.

A Japanese android

Future bio-nanotechnology will use computer chips inside living cells

Bio nanotechnology

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Loosely and in a far off time, I think you might be right.

The issue now is that these nano technologies aren't self sufficient, they have to be programmed, and they require material to build. Once we've mastered AI, you might be onto something.

BUT, we aren't driving our own evolution, with all this technology, we are actually stunting it and redirecting it. Instead of adapting over time, we create technology so we don't have to.

That's the opposite of genetic evolution, that's stagnation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
See? Ra was right. Just a the Infinite Creator created the galaxies, which created the suns, which created planets and moons, thereby creating us...we will create a mini-race of our own, once we complete the AI mission.

We will become gods ourselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

An update on this thread, scientists have now created artificial life Artificial Life

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Personally, I believe we have been doing it all along, in a kind of mind over matter sense. I think the so-called "junk" DNA may be involved with this process. There is no doubt however that our "gadgets" represent a fork in the evolutionary road. We actually reached that fork during the Industrial Revolution in the 1700s, but Western society is well down the fork of material innovation and leaving the road of spiritual evolution behind.

The "New Agers" will not agree with this and I hope that they are right and that a balance is being reasserted. There is no doubt that the OP has put his finger on an important fact of modern life, i.e., the profound effect that technological advances are having and will continue to have in the area of human evolutionary adaptation.
edit on 7-3-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join