It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help, want to start a site. NON AMERICANS FOR RP!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Like it or not we now live in a global village, what happens in one corner of the world affects the rest of it and no where is this more apparent than the good ol US of A.
Since WW2 America has come to be the Cultural, Economic, Political and Militaristic center of the world.

Now if these things were true and based on Americas founding constitution life would be good, in fact I would almost go as far as to say life would be great, a worldwide era of prosperity and peace would be upon us....

But its not....

Somewhere along the line America lost its way, what once made America a shining light for freedom and justice has eroded so much so that now the world has come to despise and fear this once great nation.
In every corner of the globe even (and especially) amongst your ally nations the people look at America and unfortunately by default Americans as being the source of all the worlds evils.

From economic recessions to endless global conflicts it all seems to lead back to the US.

The recent and continuing financial crisis has its roots in subprime mortgage fiasco which came about due to unsupervised and unregulated greed on the part of the people who run your financial system.
When all was said and done were these people punished? no they were bailed out and went on to pay themselves obscene bonuses all with the money of the people they had basically defrauded which was given to them by the very people they who had been (allegedly) voted in to protect them.

The current round of warmongering or if you prefer "the war on terror" is now acknowledged by all rational people to have been started on an out and out lie (as I believe all of Americas wars have been). Very few people, even "head up their behinds which is firmly buried in the sand" types believe the official 9-11 story which has been used as the justification in one way or another for attacking a number of countries.

It seems to me we have 2 possibilities for whats going on

1) the system is now just so degraded and corrupt that its feeding off itself and doesnt know how to break free or
2) Their is an acting shadow government behind the scenes that for whatever reason has orchestrated all this and is playing Americans for fools, talking about attacking other countries to give its citizens freedom while those countries dont want your help and the freedom of Americans are being constantly eroded.
Talking about bringing open and accountable democracy to countries it invades while setting up puppet regimes and rigging elections back home.

The way America behaves it is no longer an American problem but a global one and its up to the American people to change this

The way I see it Americans have 2 choices
1) Revolution which in this context means a civil war with very little chance of victory or anything changing except alot or Americans dead and further erosion of your and by default the worlds freedoms or
2) Get your political system and constitution running the way it was meant to using the system in place.

Can the 2nd option realistically work? I dont know and being honest I dont hold high hopes but I think it needs to be tried before option number 1.

Prior to this round of voting in the GOP I had high hopes, for some stupid reason I actually believed Americans would be smart enough to see in choosing their next President what the rest of the world sees, that something needs to change and make the right choice.
My illusions have somewhat faded and Im starting to think we are set for at least another 4 years of what basically amounts to American based terrorism on a global scale.

After watching a number of debates and for the first time actually paying attention to US politics outside of what I see in the MSN Im convinced that RP is the only hope for a stable world. Yet once again somehow if polls are to be believed roughly 80% of Americans still dont see it this way.
Whats even worse is the apathy shown by some of those who are aware of all this, comments including "hell never get in even if we want him, TPTB wont allow it" "even if he gets in hell just be assassinated" etc etc

All evil needs to triumph is for good people to do nothing

Ive decided Im not going to let evil triumph without a fight, from tomorrow I am going to make a concerted effort to intelligently and unemotionally get the word out to as many Americans I can about what I see happening to your once great nation and whats its doing to the world, the world my children will grow up in, the only world we have.

Im asking all on this site to offer me any advice you can think of that will help with this endeavor. To start with, how do I go about setting up a web site?
yes I know, if I need to ask even this Im unlikely to succeed but at least Im gonna try,
What have you done lately to make a difference?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If I were you. I'd make sure to copy what you posted here, before it goes *poof*. To save it.

I'm voting for Ron Paul, and see your frustration. But, I don't think this thread will last long due to ATS T&C.

It will probably fall into the category of political trolling. I hope I'm wrong....Good Luck.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the heads up, copied

Out of curiosity what part of the T&cs is it violating?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It certainly is a nice gesture but until you can vote it is kind of pointless dontchathink?
The last thing a USican wants is to be told by a foreigner what is best for the US, even if it is best.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can't tell if you are disparaging Americans, or are trying to wake them up.

Either way, some good ideas here...I just wanted to be clear on the point.
edit on CWednesdaypm070717f17America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

It certainly is a nice gesture but until you can vote it is kind of pointless dontchathink?
The last thing a USican wants is to be told by a foreigner what is best for the US, even if it is best.

This is exactly what Im talking about!!!
The whole "whats the point" mentality

The point is I see something wrong and want to change it, true I cant vote but if I can somehow convince even 2 people to change their minds then thats better than my 1 vote.

As stated in my OP I only care about America by extension, if the way you guys ran ur country didnt affect me and mine you could all go jump for all I care.

My naivety lets me believe that maybe if they hear his stuff from a citizen of the world they may listen

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I can't tell if you are disparaging Americans, or are trying to wake them up.

Either way, some good ideas here...I just wanted to be clear on the point.
edit on CWednesdaypm070717f17America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

A bit of both I guess, they should be disparaged by the current state of affairs and they need to wake up if they want things to change

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I will give you free hosting. I am a non US citizen for RP.

Suggestions? Start simple. Allow people to "register" their vote for RP and show a tally. Use facebook login to back up the vote.. don't make it mandatory.

If the idea had ANY viral nature I'm sure you'd see 100's of thousands of votes. There is A LOT of international support for RP.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Thank you for the first constructive post of the thread

Anyone out there know anything about web page design?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
hello ..I had this saved from last night before I fell asleep . You have made really goood points here and Americans proberly pride themselves in how they do affect the rest of the world , even if it is adverserly .

For the national pride it means they are top dog even if they are bottom of the pack. There in lies the very diseased mind of the american .

Its really awfull being a puppet state to a bigger nation . Countries from the former Soviet Union can attest to this fact and also see the very same situation has arisen between the US and its allies .

Ron Paul would be good to shake up a degraded system their in the US , but personally i dont like people or nations that dont provide a decent welfare system . Although I suspect that the USA has a good one in place already , but I believe the RP way is to abolish all welfare for its desperate citizens .

That would be a human disaster or maybe it would make people responsible to get things running again and to look our for each other in a family .
Or else you will get bands of bandit family having to rob others to survive . But maybe a Ron Paul system takes away alot of red tape and allows people to thrive again doing trade and business with each other in their comminities .
Now that is the ideal !
So I guess the thread died as most good threads do .

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I agree with getting rid of welfare to be honest, or at least making sure it gets to people who genuinely need it.
To many people in developed countries that have welfare systems in place abuse it, my home country of Australia is a great example. I dont know 1 person who has had to use benefits for more than 3 months who wasnt taking the piss.
There are always exceptions to the rule and these people need to be looked after but the mentality should never be "its ok I can just get welfare"

I read about this on another Ron paul thread and while he wants to do away with welfare apparently he acknowledged it would be a disaster to take it away without making sure people had jobs.
I dont think it would even be necessary to take t away immediately if all the money that went on foreign wars was put back into the American system

top topics

join