It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. Falcon-Cam Returns-Offers Intimate Look at Nesting Birds of Prey (Pererine)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

HARRISBURG, PA -- The Department of Environmental Protection has begun its annual live, 24-hour webcast of a nesting pair of Peregrine Falcons living on a ledge on the Market Street side of the Rachel Carson State Office Building in Harrisburg. Three cameras chronicle the falcons while streaming the footage live on the Internet to viewers around the world.

Already this year, the resident male, who has been at the site since 2005, has had to defend his territory from an ambitious adolescent tiercel. This development leaves the female falcon with two potential mates this season.

Falcons have nested at the building for 12 years. To date, the nest has produced 53 eggs and 45 hatchlings. Of these, 29 falcons survived; 13 males and 16 females. The gender of one of the nestlings that hatched in 2008, the runt of the clutch, or set of offspring, could not be determined.

Source: www.portal.state.pa.us...
Link to Cam(s): www.dep.state.pa.us...

When you just have to take a break from Impending Doom, UFO/Aliens, Volcanos, Earthquakes, Wars etc etc....
Kick back and watch these cute little buggers. I got to thinking about them today (I saw the presser earlier) but over lunch I walked by and in the falling snow.... groups of people-standing around... lookin upward... or trying to see upward as there is a light snow going on now.

Anyway, I got to thinking about how these little guys handle the weather and so I try to see them from my vantage point but the snow is just too thick for the distance. Anyway. there things have been fun to watch from year to year-and so close. I thought I would share them.

I hope you enjoy and link the live feed. Wait till the weather gets better. Awesome stuff to see. And we are fortunate to ba able to observe such a thing. Funny how they nest here when in within eye sight are mountains and forest in about every direction.
edit on 2/8/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Fastest animal on the planet!
What a beautiful animal and thank you for sharing.

edit on 8/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just another way TPTB will spy on us.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Yeap. that's what it is all about. The Gov't keeping more eyes on us.....

I guess you didn't read the part about taking a break from all of that stuff.

I hope you are okay.... It will all be over soon.... May as well think nice things before your world ends... Right?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Not too many bird lovers.... Nature lovers today.

I will have to keep this one updated as they start a family and flying around the area.

top topics

join