It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri teen girl gets 'life' for killing 9yr girl to 'find out what it felt like'...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A 15 year old knows right from wrong. This kid knew what she was doing because she is a pshycho and blaming her depression for it is bull. Kids today are depressed for hardly anything becuase they know they can use it as an excuse to get away with stuff. She deserves to rot in jail for the rest of her life.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Your entire basis its seems is predicated on the fact the boy took prozac and prozac alone was at fault for the killing. So why then is everyone who is on prozac not out their killing everyone??

Come on man seriously you can sit there and come off with your whole better then you attitude all you want it still has ZERO merit as being the only culprit in these killings. Where is your expert analysis that it was the sole reason? That's right there isn't any. You missed the entire point of my last statement. Go to any prison and look at the people doing time for murder odds are you are going to find a large % of them were not on prozac at the time of the killings

I will requote myself from my earlier post.

Well good for you and "millions of people."
It's just too bad that not everyone's brain is wired the same and include the same chemical balances, isn't it? The wrong medication for the wrong person (especially children), and you should expect wrong results. Pretty simple.

If prozac were a universally applicable antidepressant, there wouldn't be multiple antidepressants on the market, would there?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So you want to what put the Doctor up for manslaughter as well while your at it?? Get a grip. The last I checked Doctors do not have sole responsibility for what a patient does or does not do outside the confines of their care. If you want to start throwing the blame card around you may want to start looking a little closer to home.

You can revise, re-edit and re-quote your post as many times as you like. In the overall picture it means nothing. I am sure if you wanted to take the time you could go find thousands of medications that are linked to causing adverse reactions in people from the stupid on up to the murder. All that simply means is not everyone is wired the same in the brain.

I would bet you anything that if you looked in this girls past or the kid in the article you linked there would be other circumstances that far out-weighed what a anti-depressent could cause. Could it lend a helping hand to an already diseased mind you bet your ass, but as the sole culprit highly unlikely.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaox
reply to post by r3axion

Look dude, I see where you're coming from; but let me ask you this. What qualifies you to call someone else uneducated for disagreeing with you?

The uneducated remark was for the assumption that coc aine use would have anything to do with murder, as coc aine primarily increases dopamine production.

Just because a court rules something to be a "fact", it doesn't mean it is. Do you know how legal systems typically work? Verdicts are called based on the evidence given for that particular case.

Exactly.

Fair enough, possibly the FDA and Psychiatry can persuade you otherwise?

As early as 1991 in Talking Back to Prozac, he warned that Prozac was causing violence, suicide and mania. Breggin elaborated on this theme in many subsequent books and articles about newer antidepressants. In 2005, the FDA began requiring black box warnings on SSRIs, warning of an association between SSRI use and suicidal behavior in children,[32] and later extended it to young adults. New general warnings were added along with the aforementioned black box warnings.[citation needed] These warnings confirmed many of the adverse effects first emphasized by Breggin in Toxic Psychiatry with specific mentions by the FDA of drug-induced "hostility," "irritability," and "mania"

Prozac Backlash, a critique of SSRIs by Harvard psychiatrist Joseph Glenmullen was widely praised by high-profile media sources.[34] Breggin complained about this in a subsequent book, The Antidepressant Fact Book:
"Glenmullen's (2000) scientific analysis of how SSRIs can cause suicide, violence, and other behavioral aberrations is essentially the same as my earlier detailed analyses... my hundreds of media appearances, and my testimony in court cases that Glenmullen also had available.

source

It's true that medications alter states of mind, but how are you so sure that that ONE medication caused someone to do something?

Because it is the nature of the drug. The drug will enhance symptoms if given out improperly.

Also, while we're on the topic: there is a hell of a lot more to the way the mind works than you seem to be willing to admit.

Nah, I know there is.

The fact is, the human mind is extremely complicated and blaming anything on any one factor is far from reasonable.

Not unreasonable at all. Are you saying it is purely a coincidence that she became violent after her dosage on a mind altering drug increased? I would say thinking that is a coincidence is unreasonable given the evidence of the effects of this drug on the wrong person.
edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So you want to what put the Doctor up for manslaughter as well while your at it?? Get a grip.

Now when did I say that?

I simply said it was irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
JUST WOW

at 15, I am certain we all know the difference between right and wrong. Many of us are in turmoil due to finding oneself, yet no power to be oneself; due to social and parental impositions. This is quite sad. Albeit many people have probably imagined what reactions one would get doing something crazy in any given situation, to actually DO that crazy..... well, that could prove crazy.

Sad that an innocent child had to die.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
When was the last time outside of a major surgery or something of the like have you ever heard of a doctor keeping tabs on someone?? Its not the turn of the 19th century when they made house calls.

Had she been in a hospital or mental health facility then you would have a point. The people that should have been keeping tabs on her progress where her parents.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

When was the last time outside of a major surgery or something of the like have you ever heard of a doctor keeping tabs on someone?? Its not the turn of the 19th century when they made house calls.

Had she been in a hospital or mental health facility then you would have a point. The people that should have been keeping tabs on her progress where her parents.

I'm not sure about you, but I thought it's standard procedure to do an analysis before INCREASING DOSAGE on a drug with side effects such as "violence," "irritability," and "mania"

PROZAC isn't normally a drug prescribed for teens in the first place

edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by silo13

Big Pharma has nothing to do with premeditated murder

MEDICATED KILLERS 1

MEDICATED KILLERS 2

MEDICATED KILLERS 3

MEDICATED KILLERS 4

MEDICATED KILLERS 5

MEDICATED KILLERS 6

Ignorance denied!!

So.........

How about Premeditated murder,before Big Pharma became the excuse ?

I am sure children have murdered other children,before drugs became the excuse of the day...

Circa 1983.....

- A 7-year-old Queens boy was charged with killing a 2--year-old by throwing him off the roof.

- A 13-year-old boy in Nassau County admitted without emotion that he shot his mother dead.

- A 15-year-old Bronx girl was indicted for murdering an infant in a fire she set to her parents' house.

CHILDREN WHO KILL: PERSONALITY PATTERNS ARE IDENTIFIED

Circa 1874.....

Jesse Pomeroy was fourteen when he was arrested in 1874 for the sadistic murder of a four-year-old boy. He was quickly dubbed "The Boston Boy Fiend." His rampage had begun three years earlier with the sexual torture of seven other boys. For those crimes Pomeroy was sentenced to reform school, but then he was released early. Not long afterward he mutilated and killed a 10-year-old girl who came into his mother's store. A month later, he snatched four-year-old Horace Mullen. He took Horace to a swamp outside town and slashed him so savagely with a knife that he nearly decapitated the child. Because of his strange appearance—he had a milky white eye---and his previous behavior, suspicion turned to him. When he was shown the body and asked if he'd done it, he responded with a nonchalant, "I suppose I did." Then the girl was found buried in his mother's cellar and he confessed to that murder, too. He was convicted and sentenced to death, although a public outcry against condemning a child to hang commuted the sentence to four decades of solitary confinement.

The Unthinkable: Children Who Kill

Murder is Murder. Children do it WITHOUT Big Pharmas intervention........

THANK you.

2nd

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The prosecutor asked for a longer sentence stating premeditation, the defendant for a shorter sentence sighting the 'killer' had been horribly depressed, was taking the antidepressant Prozac and blamed the violence on the drug.

I took prozac as a teen and suffered depression, I would never fathom killing another person. Prozac does not work like that, people have been blaming drugs for eons for committing unspeakable crimes. But really not even the worst street drug can make a person kill, it is the beast within some people that bring it out. The girl is a psychopath and probably a sociopath. She has all the traits of a text book serial killer.

Also, the girl had suffered from acute depression and tried to commit suicide before she went on her killing outing. The prosecutor noted Bustramante - who killed the 9 year old when she was 15 years old had dug two graves before the killing and 'lured' the victim 'out to play'.

Clearly determined to kill, she wanted to kill really bad to go to the trouble of digging 2 graves. Not some spur of the moment psychosis from side effects. The girl is a predator bottom line. This girl is following in Dahmers footsteps. She would have grown up to be a serial killer imho.

I don't know what to say - Big Pharma responsible for another killing? The parents? Society? Or at 15, was Bustamante just a cold blooded psycho? Life. Life in prison when her life hasn't even started because she took a life.

I will leave you with this quote the film Halloween as it is relevant ...

These eyes will deceive you. They will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence... your pride... and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes, one finds only blackness. The absence of light. These are the eyes of a psychopath.

The darkest souls are not those which choose to live within the hell of the abyss, but those who choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us.

This is no child but a Monster. Cold blooded killer. Nothing more.

I do believe some people are born without a soul void of all humanity

edit on 9-2-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Life in Prison for a 15 year old?

There is nothing "just" about this. Nothing can bring the little 9 year old back to life.

If the jury doesn't think the 15 year old can be salvaged, then she needs to be put down like a rabid animal. If she can be saved, then she needs to get intense therapy and not spend her life in jail.

Personally, I'd vote for putting her down. Soon.

She is 18 now.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I saw this story on yahoo when I first fired up the computer tonight. Couldn't help but think, what If I was the killer here? Many murderers claim there's an exhilarating and primal human joy in killing, much in the same way someone else might find joy in creating something beautiful, like a life for example.

Do we persecute the child killing child? Can we reform this kind of behavior that's inherent in all kinds of humans?

I have faith in humanity. I think we can be saved from ourselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by silo13

Big Pharma has nothing to do with premeditated murder

MEDICATED KILLERS 1

MEDICATED KILLERS 2

MEDICATED KILLERS 3

MEDICATED KILLERS 4

MEDICATED KILLERS 5

MEDICATED KILLERS 6

Ignorance denied!!

But is ignorance denied?

All the examples were on some kind of drug because they already had psychological problems. The drugs didn't give them the problem, they were meant to treat it. If anything it highlights what a lazy, costly and ineffective method pharmaceutical treatment is. And what of the millions on medication that don't kill?

Blaming drugs is too simplistic and makes a cool conspiracy theory.

Most times is simply that some people, whatever age, are just bad, as is the example in the op.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As somebody who used to knowingly convince people out of their money, I can attest that Pharmacy is sorcery. convincing people they need something that they don't in exchange for money which they already believe they need really is an art, and that's exactly what big pharma does; day in and day out!

Medication can't excuse her actions, but it most definitely doesn't help you see things clearly to be a constantly medicated menace. that much, my experience tells me. Did big pharma kill the little girl? no but we can all share the blame for humanity's problems and unless you claim to have never, ever had a homidical fantasy you can't pretend to be better than any of these sick serial killers we see in the sick news on our sickly broadcasted programmings!

Maybe.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Psych problems or not, a crime is still a crime and she shuld be punished for that crime end of story. I think these plea bargin deals that they give for murderers is crap.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Bring in Singapore's laws to clean up the streets and reduce crime. Threatening the use of a rattan cane will fix society right quick.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Brad76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've had very low moments in my life, been on a few different types of anti depressants and yes some do kinda make you feel a little detached or 'numb' from reality.

BUT, blaming her actions on anti-depressants? Please... It's strange how she didn't have the courage to kill herself, but she managed to pluck up the courage to not only strangle another person but to butcher them too.

I think where I'm going with this is that she gives vulnerable people who do have severe depression a bad name. This girl may have had depression but this should not be a fact that is factored into her prosecution. No matter how low I ever felt, I would never ever ever even think of doing what she did.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
...it's just unfathomable all the way around.

That's the truest thing i've read today.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
There are some people in the world that are just plain evil.

I believe this girl fits that category.

She should never be allowed outside a prison for the safety of the rest of us.

you may be right, but the links says she was born to drug addicted parents, both in prison now, and raised by a grandmother. I have more sympathy for her victims of course, but she herslef, also never had a chance to begin with.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Man I love you!! I really, really love you!!

You should run for president, you would have my vote in an instant!! I promise you that if this girl had killed one of "their" daughters, they would be singing a different tune. People have excuses for everything...my parents were so mean, I grew up in a bad neighborhood, I'm depressed, I was bullied. You know what, we all have our cross to bear and some of them are REALLY heavy. Being downtrodden does not a murder make......

Stop it honey, you're making me blush
Now go on, praise me some more.

I agree with you 100% ( Except for the President part) We've gotten too far away from taking personal responsibilty for our actions, and this is what we get. Everyone pointing fingers at everything else to try and shift the blame.

I like you Kentucky, you seem like a sweet girl.

Happy 1 year anniversary to ATS BTW.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join