It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri teen girl gets 'life' for killing 9yr girl to 'find out what it felt like'...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow disgusting
teen killed the poor 9yr girl to because she wanted to 'find out what it felt like?

Huh, hello teen i think she only asked a question i dont think the 9yr wanted to die

i will make sure when i have my kids i will tell them NEVER ASK ANY STUPID QUESTIONS if you dont want to get killed.

Good lord what is wrong with our society?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The topic should read 15 year old kid on mind altering medication kills kid.

I have a lot of experiance with medications. I've tried over 15 medications in my life. Antidepressants are not harmless and can have negative effects on kids. This isn't the first time a kid on antidepressants has killed. Not everyone reacts the same to medications. The article even said two weeks before the murder that her dosage was increased. HELLO RED FLAG!

I have schizophrenia and I've had psychotic reactions to certain medications. I can't take antidepressants they make me voilent.

Two kids have lost thier lives one died and the other is in prison through no fault of thier own. There are no winners in this one sad and tragic all the way around.

Mentally ill person on right medication>>>>>>>>>>>>>happy person
Mentally ill person on wrong medication>>>>>>>>>>>>possibly dangerous person

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't think she should get life. Well maybe. Only because if you factor in Prozac you realize the outcome is not so surprising. It's ether the drugs, or she's clinically psychopathic. Psychopaths get a rush when murdering/torturing & they feel no empathy. It's like a game to them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Parents, society and medication shouldn't be blamed at all in this case and anyone that does is an idiot.

I've had fantasies of killing and wondered what it was like but never dreamt of crossing that line for real because I'm not a psycho like this girl seems to be despite being on anti-depressant medication for a number of years myself and attempting suicide a few times.

To quote a line from Tropic Thunder: "That's just some straight cold blooded s**t".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In the article it says how sorry she is, how she would change it if she could...Thats bull#....

She wrote down in her diary, as stated in the article, it was ahmazing, and after you get after it feels exciting...and she pre dug her grave in the woods...how does that sound like she is sorry?

sorry girl, you deserve to be in jail

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Jesus Christ that kids words scared the hell out of me. She was 15 and on Prozac? What does a 15 year old have to be depressed about?

Wow, well not much to say to this seeing as I don't know the inner workings of her life and how things came to be. As long as justices is met. I wonder if they had a psychologist talk to her? If they didn't they really should have.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Exactly, I don't care how old what sex or anything else. If you killed my baby i would torture you until you die a slow painful death. Just like in Law Abiding Citizen

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by silo13

Big Pharma has nothing to do with premeditated murder

MEDICATED KILLERS 1

MEDICATED KILLERS 2

MEDICATED KILLERS 3

MEDICATED KILLERS 4

MEDICATED KILLERS 5

MEDICATED KILLERS 6

Ignorance denied!!

So.........

How about Premeditated murder,before Big Pharma became the excuse ?

I am sure children have murdered other children,before drugs became the excuse of the day...

Circa 1983.....

- A 7-year-old Queens boy was charged with killing a 2--year-old by throwing him off the roof.

- A 13-year-old boy in Nassau County admitted without emotion that he shot his mother dead.

- A 15-year-old Bronx girl was indicted for murdering an infant in a fire she set to her parents' house.

CHILDREN WHO KILL: PERSONALITY PATTERNS ARE IDENTIFIED

Circa 1874.....

Jesse Pomeroy was fourteen when he was arrested in 1874 for the sadistic murder of a four-year-old boy. He was quickly dubbed "The Boston Boy Fiend." His rampage had begun three years earlier with the sexual torture of seven other boys. For those crimes Pomeroy was sentenced to reform school, but then he was released early. Not long afterward he mutilated and killed a 10-year-old girl who came into his mother's store. A month later, he snatched four-year-old Horace Mullen. He took Horace to a swamp outside town and slashed him so savagely with a knife that he nearly decapitated the child. Because of his strange appearance—he had a milky white eye---and his previous behavior, suspicion turned to him. When he was shown the body and asked if he'd done it, he responded with a nonchalant, "I suppose I did." Then the girl was found buried in his mother's cellar and he confessed to that murder, too. He was convicted and sentenced to death, although a public outcry against condemning a child to hang commuted the sentence to four decades of solitary confinement.

The Unthinkable: Children Who Kill

Murder is Murder. Children do it WITHOUT Big Pharmas intervention........

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
After reading all the replies several things come to mind. There seems to be a lot of people talking about learning from her. My first question is this: What exactly is there to learn? Look back over the years, Dalmer, Cacey,Ramirez did we learn anything from these guys other then how their killings took place? I'd venture to say no we didn't. Just as we won't learn anything from her. I think the bigger question is what to do with her? Lock her up throw away the key? Put her down?

I'm voting for putting her down. In my mind she forfeit her humanity when she murdered. She is no better nor different then a diseased dog. As one other poster stated she is like a lion who has tasted human blood. Does she deserve to die, I think she does. You can argue about how that makes us no better then she is.However I think the more astute question would be what does it makes us if we give her the chance for parole in 25 yrs? Is she going to learn anything besides the fact that she killed once and will one day most likely be able to do it again?

As a father I can beyond the shadow of a doubt say that if anyone ever did something to my child that would be the end of them period.

My last thought is that some people are born broken. Broken beyond repair and to try and "fix" them is a exercise in futility.
edit on 8-2-2012 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I almost want to agree with you.

As a father,if someone did this to my child,regardless of age,My punishment would be swift,and severe.

There is no remorse in her eyes.
There is no excuse for what she did.
May God have mercy on her soul.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Forgive me if anything I say here has been said already, I didn't read through the entire thread.

Originally posted by silo13

...the 'killer' had been horribly depressed, was taking the antidepressant Prozac and blamed the violence on the drug. Also, the girl had suffered from acute depression and tried to commit suicide before she went on her killing outing....

There are so many things wrong with this statement. I'm tired of so many people blaming depression and antidepressants for all the bat# insane things people do. Has there been any proven cases of prescription medications making someone go completely crazy? I'm seriously asking...

I've taken Prozac. Millions of people have taken Prozac in the world and not completely lost their mind.
The same thing goes with antidepressants...

Also, what is "acute depression"? I have been diagnosed with a severe form of clinical depression on more than one occasion. I have gone through multiple major depressive episodes and I have yet to perform a completely depraved act of violence. Depression does not make someone go out on a psychopathic episode and do unspeakably awful things. In fact, depression just makes you want to do (literally) nothing... and wither away.

I can't deny that there have been cases where prescription medications have completely altered someone's state of mind, but I also can't deny that there haven't been any.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Big Pharma has EVERYTHING to do with it. No 2nd. See previous posters list.

Not it has not.

Because MAJOR parts of America are medicated, treated for "DISORDERS" like ADHD, "bipolar" etc...and every year a new "disorder" gets added.

But this doesnt mean that all those prozac, paxil etc. sedated kids and people go around killing, because obviously they DON'T.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
While I cant blame the curiosity, I think she should have picked someone older and with a purpose.

If I want to know how it feels like to take a human life, I'll prolly choose some pedophile, rapist or something around it to test my curiosity... not a 9 year old innocent. Plus I would be doing society a favor so I wouldnt care if I would get caught or not... but I would prolly try to get away with it also, just to see how good forensics really are when you chop a body in tiny pieces and carry it over 900miles, feeding a piece to each stray dog you see...

Watching a little bit too much Dexter?

Actually its my own idea... my own personal dark curiosity.

I dont watch dexter... did he have the same idea? It would prolly work...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I suppose Big Pharm jacked her Diary and wrote about what a thrill it was as well? Guess they needed another advert stream for big news right?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaox

There are so many things wrong with this statement. I'm tired of so many people blaming depression and antidepressants for all the bat# insane things people do. Has there been any proven cases of prescription medications making someone go completely crazy? I'm seriously asking...

I've taken Prozac. Millions of people have taken Prozac in the world and not completely lost their mind.
The same thing goes with antidepressants...

Well good for you and "millions of people."
It's just too bad that not everyone's brain is wired the same and include the same chemical balances, isn't it? The wrong medication for the wrong person (especially children), and you should expect wrong results. Pretty simple.

Also, what is "acute depression"? I have been diagnosed with a severe form of clinical depression on more than one occasion. I have gone through multiple major depressive episodes and I have yet to perform a completely depraved act of violence. Depression does not make someone go out on a psychopathic episode and do unspeakably awful things. In fact, depression just makes you want to do (literally) nothing... and wither away.

Google helps.
www.total-health-care.com...

Good for you. Once again, comparing yourself to another person is illogical for reasons explained above. No one has even argued that depression alone caused her to commit murder. Just that the depression had her mind in the wrong place.

I can't deny that there have been cases where prescription medications have completely altered someone's state of mind, but I also can't deny that there haven't been any.

If only that made a little bit of sense.

Here's just one link. And once again, google helps. Use it, and use it well before making ignorant statements such as "I'm tired of so many people blaming depression and antidepressants for all the bat# insane things people do."

Canadian judge rules SSRI antidepressants like Prozac can cause children to commit murder
edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Your article also goes on to state that the boy had abused prescription drugs and used coc aine in the past as well. Which sounds like there is more then just prozac to blame. Even then how can one rule that was the absolute reason he killed??!! You can't. Until medical science finds a way to break down individual brains to see how exactly they are wired it's all hear say.

If someone kills drugs or not there surely has to be something else at play. To use a cope out of Big Pharm is just retarded at best and unjustifiable at worst.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Your article also goes on to state that the boy had abused prescription drugs and used coc aine in the past as well.

So?...

Which sounds like there is more then just prozac to blame.

Possibly to the uneducated.

Even then how can one rule that was the absolute reason he killed??!! You can't. Until medical science finds a way to break down individual brains to see how exactly they are wired it's all hear say.

And where is the analysis that it was not the reason?

If someone kills drugs or not there surely has to be something else at play. To use a cope out of Big Pharm is just retarded at best and unjustifiable at worst.

Sorry, I don't think that claiming a drug thats sole purpose is to alter brain chemistry and functioning can have negative effects on behavior is "retarded." I do, however, see your logic as that.

I'm not blaming big pharma specifically, as obviously the medication has helped many people. More specifically I'm blaming the irresponsibility of the doctor that gave her the prescription, increased her dose, and failed to keep tabs on her progress.
edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Look dude, I see where you're coming from; but let me ask you this. What qualifies you to call someone else uneducated for disagreeing with you?

Just because a court rules something to be a "fact", it doesn't mean it is. Do you know how legal systems typically work? Verdicts are called based on the evidence given for that particular case.

It's true that medications alter states of mind, but how are you so sure that that ONE medication caused someone to do something?

Also, while we're on the topic: there is a hell of a lot more to the way the mind works than you seem to be willing to admit.

The fact is, the human mind is extremely complicated and blaming anything on any one factor is far from reasonable.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I read an article about this at work. I wasn't surprised that she got life, she did this at 15. I don't like to judge people and say what they deserve. I feel like what she did was unforgivable, if it was my child, I'd kill her sadistic ass out of rage.

This is also an important reason to make decisions based off your regret factor. Don't do something if you might regret it later.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Your entire basis its seems is predicated on the fact the boy took prozac and prozac alone was at fault for the killing. So why then is everyone who is on prozac not out their killing everyone??

Come on man seriously you can sit there and come off with your whole better then you attitude all you want it still has ZERO merit as being the only culprit in these killings. Where is your expert analysis that it was the sole reason? That's right there isn't any. You missed the entire point of my last statement. Go to any prison and look at the people doing time for murder odds are you are going to find a large % of them were not on prozac at the time of the killings.

edit on 9-2-2012 by w810i because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join