It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Coming For Your Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
New Jersey Ban On Ammo

from the article:

"The measure actually opens the door to a sweeping ammunition ban by an unelected public official by executive fiat. Common hunting, target, and self-defense ammunition would be subject to ban, along with BB's, airgun pellets, and non-metallic ammunition like plastic airsoft pellets, if the Attorney General decides that they pose a threat to the safety and well being of law enforcement."

..or even better:

"One provision of this police safety legislation significantly increases the penalties relating to "defaced” firearms. Because of New Jersey's longstanding poorly crafted definition of "defaced” firearms, it is possible that refinishing a firearm, or long-term damage from rust or scratches from ordinary wear and tear, could be deemed "defacement” subjecting honest gun owners to lengthy prison sentences."

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Let em come - I got my water pistol fully loaded they are in for a good drenching.
Oh Wait - I live in UK they have already disarmed us
Good luck and may your God be with you USA

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

New Jersey has a habit of trying to take away the right to bear arms.

Watch this..................

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

While I agree that I don't want our right to bear arms to be messed with.

What would you propose as a solution for those who obtain guns illegally?

Obviously criminals don't care about laws so they have no problems breaking them.

I get pretty sick of hearing about the stupid gangs shooting kids on the other side of town where I live.

It's almost a type of paradox ....or double edged sword ...... since we obviously don't want our government taking away guns from law abiding citizens.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

While I agree that I don't want our right to bear arms to be messed with.

Obviously criminals don't care about laws so they have no problems breaking them.

I get pretty sick of hearing about the stupid gangs shooting kids on the other side of town where I live.

It's almost a type of paradox ....or double edged sword ...... since we obviously don't want our government taking away guns from law abiding citizens.

The solution is simple but will not happen. Greatly increase the punishment for the crime of having an illegal firearm. If criminals knew they would get 50 years in prison just for having an illegal pistol they would be a LOT less likely to do it.
The reason it won't happen is because of the de-population agenda. Anything that kills people in high numbers will be left alone, such as tobacco, alcohol, guns, even driving because you and I all know many many people die in car wrecks due to texting or drinking but no laws are changed because they want us to die.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS!!!!!

If our law enforcement has already demonstrated an inabillity to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, criminalizing firearm ownership amongst the law abiding does nothing except generate more criminals. Enough of this crap. Stop clogging the prison system with small time violators who commit nonviolent crimes, start slapping irons on convicted fellons who violate our long standing laws that have always prohibited them from legally carrying a firearm. My God it is so simple (simplicity: a term most of our lawmakers have never comprehended, so I can see why we're stuck in this cycle of assbrained new laws.)

I don't live in or anywhere near New Jersey (praise Jesus!), but those who do really need to embrace the words "...from my cold, dead hands." when dealing with these new unconstitutional laws.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That might fly in New Jersey, but down here in North carolina...we just passed a law that allows a home owner to kil a person breaking into their home...that's right...KILL.

Case in point, the law went into effect jan 1, 2012. Not long after... 2 teens were home from on holiday. 2 theives with repeat offender records tried to break into the home...the 14 yr old boy grabbed a shaotgun and sent one of the offenders to glory. The other was later arrested.

Judging from the buzz at the farm supply store i help manage, this is a very popular law.

Also, at our store we sell gun safes..lots of gun safes. Our most popular is the Winchester...superior design and construction and holds 24 long guns...rifles, shotguns, etc. Most buyers prefer this one as it will HOLD ALL OF THEIR GUNS. I say it like that as to ponder..just how many do they have? Many of my customers actually buy 2 gun safes so that all of their guns will be secure.

Now think about it... we sold about 40 Winchester gun safes at Xmas... they hold 24 guns apiece...that's 960 guns...that doesn't include our comparable cheaper bargain type safes, of which we sold about 40+ or the other models.. some of which hold 48 long guns and the smaller ones that hold only 12 rifles or shotguns...think about it...ONLY hold 12...I dare say that in rural NC, there are more guns than people...mucho mass guns of all types... heck, between the people that actually work in my store... we probably have over a hundred plus weapons...semi auto rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc... and we only have a team of 12 employees.

Yeah, let them pass all the laws they want.. they will have a hard time enforcing that down here.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Covered weeks ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As of Feb 1

Thanks to the overwhelming number of phone calls and e-mails from dedicated NRA members, the New Jersey Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee decided to hold Assembly Bill 588 for further study. While this fight is not over, this is a big win for gun owners in the Garden State. During Monday’s hearing, Assembly Bill 1013 passed in the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee with amendments that attempt to address gun owner concerns and has been referred to the Assembly Appropriations Committee where further amendments may occur.
www.opposingviews.com...
edit on 8-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They don't need to take our ammo in order to make us ineffective.

gma.yahoo.com...

Realize this, in nature, the most ferocious animal is a mother protecting her young, period.

Here we have a story about a woman with a 12 gauge, recently widowed, on Christmas Eve no less, (IIRC) with a baby no less, asking a 9/11 operator if it's legal to defend herself from two guys breaking into her home.

This is not off-topic, I hope the point is clear. Just b/c you have guns, if they can get you to not even follow the most basic instinct that a mother has, then who needs ammo?

enjoy your institutionalized shaping.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Used to live in upstate NY...

...North Jersey, Philly, and surrounding areas are NOTORIOUS for multiple shootings incidents on a daily basis despite the state's INSANELY strict gun-control policy.

The bad guy there are ALWAYS armed (despite any laws), while the innocent law-abiding citizen there is stripped of their right to defend their lives, and their families from these animal THUGS up there who are out of control. Even in their own HOMES, citizens up their can get in HUGE trouble for defending themselves.

Moved from upstate NY to a gun-friendly state further south where the GOOD GUYS are ENCOURAGED to be armed. In several years of living in a gun-friendly state, I have yet to see anything remotely close as to the completely OUT-OF-CONTROL gun crimes as I have heard of EVERY SINGLE DAY up there.

They have got it totally BACKWARDS in regards to gun laws and policies. The innocent law-abiding family is SCREWED, while the animal thugs have full power in an environment that gives them the upper-hand.

BACKWARDS, BACKWARDS, BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
That might fly in New Jersey, but down here in North carolina...we just passed a law that allows a home owner to kil a person breaking into their home...that's right...KILL.

Case in point, the law went into effect jan 1, 2012. Not long after... 2 teens were home from on holiday. 2 theives with repeat offender records tried to break into the home...the 14 yr old boy grabbed a shaotgun and sent one of the offenders to glory. The other was later arrested.

Judging from the buzz at the farm supply store i help manage, this is a very popular law.

Also, at our store we sell gun safes..lots of gun safes. Our most popular is the Winchester...superior design and construction and holds 24 long guns...rifles, shotguns, etc. Most buyers prefer this one as it will HOLD ALL OF THEIR GUNS. I say it like that as to ponder..just how many do they have? Many of my customers actually buy 2 gun safes so that all of their guns will be secure.

Now think about it... we sold about 40 Winchester gun safes at Xmas... they hold 24 guns apiece...that's 960 guns...that doesn't include our comparable cheaper bargain type safes, of which we sold about 40+ or the other models.. some of which hold 48 long guns and the smaller ones that hold only 12 rifles or shotguns...think about it...ONLY hold 12...I dare say that in rural NC, there are more guns than people...mucho mass guns of all types... heck, between the people that actually work in my store... we probably have over a hundred plus weapons...semi auto rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc... and we only have a team of 12 employees.

Yeah, let them pass all the laws they want.. they will have a hard time enforcing that down here.

I'm moving to North Carolina!

top topics

join