It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Lawmaker Regrets vote for Obamacare.....DUH!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
http://w ww.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-rep-kathy-dahlkemper-i-wouldnt-have-voted-obamacare-if-id-known-about-hhs-regulation_626302.html

Former Democratic congresswoman Kathy Dahlkemper, a Catholic from Erie, Pennsylvania, cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare in 2010. She lost her seat that November in part because of her controversial support of Obamacare. But Dahlkemper said recently that she would have never voted for the health care bill had she known that the Department of Health and Human Services would require all private insurers, including Catholic charities and hospitals, to provide free coverage of contraception, sterilization procedures, and the "week-after" pill "ella" that can induce early abortions.

I remember when Nancy Pelosi (then speaker) said "We Must Pass The Health Care Bill So That We Can Find Out What's In It".....

Politicians in America doing what politicians do....passing legislation they have ZERO understanding about...

Once the gigantic tax hikes go into effect in the next 2 years, we can expect the economy to go more stagnant....

And, btw, my wife is an inner city ER physician at on of the largest Emergency rooms in the country and, believe me, we are already paying WAY too much for the uninsured....

Y'all would be horrified to know where your tax dollars are going....or rather where they are being flushed!!!!

Kathy Dahlkemper's ignorance of the law is just one more example of out-of-touch lawmakers who have no understanding of their mandate...the duty they are sworn to upheld...

This is America!!! Read the friggin legislation before you sign it.....is that too much to ask?????

(Soapbox dismounted)

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
'But Dahlkemper said recently that she would have never voted for the health care bill had she known that...'

That's why you're supposed to READ legislation before you vote yes on it, cupcake. Good job.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And keep in mind I am ONLY referring to those who are abusing our hospital system...

It is not those who are trying to get by and working but cannot afford insurance that are weighing down the system.

The people who ABUSE the system and seek only to leech are the ones I am referring to.

My compassion extends indefinitely to those who are truly in need.

Unfortunately our system is entirely too easy to manipulate and abuse if one so chooses...

-Christosterone

join