It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No way of stopping leak of deadly new flu, says terror chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The bioterrorism expert responsible for censoring scientific research which could lead to the creation of a devastating pandemic has admitted the information "is going to get out" eventually.

Professor Paul Keim, chairman of the US National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity, controversially recommended that researchers be stopped from publishing the precise mutations needed to transform the H5N1 strain of birdflu virus into a human-transmissible version.

In an exclusive interview with The Independent, he argued it had been necessary to limit the release of the scientific details because of fears that terrorists may use the information to create their own H5N1 virus that could be spread easily between people.

This is the kind of article that makes you feel warm and fuzzy on a Wednesday morning.
Why the hell would they publish this? It's like showing the enemy where to place the bomb to take down your building. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is something they should just destroy all trace of and get on with life,
Releasing the info will not be good at all.
Keeping the information will not be good at all either because that information can still be attained. Destroy it and then throw everything related into a fire. And microwave the hard drives.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is no real reason to tell us that they are working on a virus like this....and definitely no reason to tell us it WILL get out. If this isn't a blatant case of fearmongering, I don't know what is.

And they wonder why a majority of the population is on some sort of antidepressant or anti anxiety medication.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I say just like Iran having Nukes,, let everyone have it,,,, let them have it allll,,bwahhhhhh cough,, cough,
sorry went insane for a minute,,

o they actually,,wow,,

world is either nuts, or i am,,

Me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The real questions is why is this research being done in the first place? Why are ANY supper viruses genetically engineered to effect humans? Who are the people that can go home at night knowing they are creating potential pandemics?

Absolutely the information should be kept secret as the damage is done, the virus has been created. However, it shouldn't be a case of "well the terrorists might get hold of it so we must keep it secret". It should be "why the hell did we make this?! lets destroy it and all related material" (not including the scientists haha).

On a side note. I'd like to think that the only people who would think about spreading a global pandemic would be the idiots/psychopaths in power. I'd hope that a "terrorist" entity would have enough sense to realize that by releasing something that effects EVERYBODY they would be killing not only their "enemies" but themselves, their families, their cause.

Howerer the Lone Gunman theory is anybodies guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Title is misleading in that it makes it sound like the deadly strain of flu is already circulating. Good read but not what I thought it was.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is what happens when people want less government intervention and more free capitalism, its a blank check for people to do what they want.

Funny how since its a life threatening condition, now people want the government to go in and destroy information.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Title is misleading in that it makes it sound like the deadly strain of flu is already circulating. Good read but not what I thought it was.

It's the same title of the article itself, the article is about the probability of this mutation getting out and the person interviewed believes there is no way to stop it from getting out. "No way to stop leak of deadly flu" seems appropriate to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Well you can't be faulted for that! Disregard!
I did have visions of the Avian Bird Flu being communicable and that it was already spreading.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Who are they fooling? Our government hates competition. The virus will get out into the general public, many people will become ill, and just in time Big Pharma will come out with a "miracle" vaccine against it.

This is bioweapon engineering at its worst. Who pays for the scientists to spend their days weaponizing....er, I mean, "researching", this potentially devastating virus? Why would any scientist spend their time making this virus more deadly? Find out who funds this research, and you will have your answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
To me this seems to be done porpose. Swine flu was a
trial run and preperation stage it seems. So that exacty
666 years after the black plauge another virus can
be manafested as occult tribute I supose. You have
the MSM CNN admit that they created this virus in the
lab with an excuse.A few of you are aware of numerology and
that seems to be what this is imho. It seems odd they would
announce this which I think the occult requiers or the
Prior acknowlegement which gives them favor or more power
they belive. Anyways if any of this occult theroy is true ya may
wan‘t to start studying the year 666 yaers ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This is what happens when people want less government intervention and more free capitalism, its a blank check for people to do what they want.

Funny how since its a life threatening condition, now people want the government to go in and destroy information.

Wha, ur, um, do, what?! What the heck are you trying to say? It's like bullet point vomit. A reductio ad absurdum at best.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleKnowledge
To me this seems to be done porpose. Swine flu was a
trial run and preperation stage it seems. So that exacty
666 years after the black plauge another virus can
be manafested as occult tribute I supose. You have
the MSM CNN admit that they created this virus in the
lab with an excuse.A few of you are aware of numerology and
that seems to be what this is imho. It seems odd they would
announce this which I think the occult requiers or the
Prior acknowlegement which gives them favor or more power
they belive. Anyways if any of this occult theroy is true ya may
wan‘t to start studying the year 666 yaers ago.

umm black plague was 1348 and 1350
en.wikipedia.org...

1348 + 666 = 2014
1350 + 666 = 2016

I guess it's close but I don't see the connection? Do you believe the Black Plague was a virus engineered by mutation?

BTW - 616 is the mark of the beast in the bible not 666
edit on 8-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is there a link to the article? I would be interested to know who the researchers are, be they government or some of those er, 'Well known companies'.

Never mind I found it,

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 8-2-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Is there a link to the article? I would be interested to know who the researchers are, be they government or some of those er, 'Well known companies'.

My bad I just realized I left out the link....
www.independent.co.uk...
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I find this tidbit from the article interesting,

“The argument that we need this information to make better vaccines and better drugs does not ring true,” he said. “There are lots of ways to make drugs against this virus. The very drugs they were using against this virus were the very same ones used against other flu viruses. The drug-invention problem has nothing to do with having this virus to hand”

Seems to me he doesn't trust the drug companies one iota, never mind terrorists. Maybe, [alledgedly] there's no difference, and he knows it.

BTW, Good find OP, I missed this one from the Indy.
edit on 8-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Who are they fooling? Our government hates competition. The virus will get out into the general public, many people will become ill, and just in time Big Pharma will come out with a "miracle" vaccine against it.

This is bioweapon engineering at its worst. Who pays for the scientists to spend their days weaponizing....er, I mean, "researching", this potentially devastating virus? Why would any scientist spend their time making this virus more deadly? Find out who funds this research, and you will have your answer.

Not disregarding what you say at all, but this guy is a censor for research articles about to be published in peer magazines, in this case two independant articles. The two articles could have been produced by anyone in that field, but we don't know who, (which is a pity) because to know that, is important. If it was done by Big Pharma, then it is a slap in the face for them, rather than cozying up, if you see what I mean. He is actually walking a tightrope when you come to think about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
my comment to there reasoning behind doing this

foot in mouth and head up a** dose not make you a flamingo....

it makes you an A** Hat

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
my comment to there reasoning behind doing this

foot in mouth and head up a** dose not make you a flamingo....

it makes you an A** Hat

I don't think there is a moral reason...my speculation vaccines for the sick - Vaccines = big money --- Create the sickness and charge for the cure.

Moral dilemma for the chemists...
The chemist do what there told, collect the pay check and go home...and if a chemist was to see a moral dilemma is creating a lethal virus then the next chemist that doesn't see a moral dilemma gets the job. One person stands up for what's right and there will be hundreds ready to take his job. It's a wicked world we live in.

new topics

top topics

join