It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Glowing UFO' spotted hovering over London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've seen people here saying it's a rig or a floating object in the water. Well, a bit of Photoshop enhancing in the image and we can see that the object is hovering far above the water:

The square base is visible from below and by the perspective of the zoomed panorama and the angle of some objects, I can't see the water.

edit on 2/8/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Rigs do sit a considerable height off the water.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker
Looks an awful lot like a large boat... a fishing vessel? Barge maybe?

S&F thanks for the upload OP

edit on 8-2-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

I'm sure this video was posted on here a few months ago and someone mentioned the same as you.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Even the guy who filmed it says it was over water.

A star-gazer has filmed intriguing footage of a glowing UFO, which he says he spotted hovering over the Thames Estuary.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am afraid it is a hoax (ship) and this is actually just a small part of the 10 min. video filmed in Kent originally. Pitty we deal with so many children.

StringTh

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There are various sea forts (Sunk head sea fort, Red sands sea forts, Knock John sea fort etc) in the Thames estuary, left over from WW2. People do visit them but I'm not sure if they have been lit up at night.

en.wikipedia.org...

Depending where he was filming from and if any of them have been lit up recently this could be what has been filmed.

Of course if you want to investigate properly you would go back a few nights in a row and of course in the day time to see if it was a stationary object but people like to stick any old thing on youtube without making any effort, then we get the papers who are also lazy and run the story without any investigation.There's the possibility of it being a boat as he's filming over a large stretch of water. There is nothing in these short uneventful clips that suggest otherwise.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This video has similar characteristics to the Turkey UFO (although in one of those videos they managed to run tests which showed occupants, apparently alien were in control of the steering). On the other hand there was a very good attempt at debunking the sightings. However, in regards to this sighting its very hard to tell what it is. I work in London and certainly would have heard about this, especially since the object appears to be either in the River Thames and near iconic landmarks. Interesting video - you don't get great big ships going through the Thames, they tend to go pass Kent and down to Southampton so the likelihood of this being a gigantic barge is very low.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me how an offshore windfarm being built can be mistaken for so many different things.Did the guy who made the video genuinely think some lights sitting a fixed distance above the sea was a hovering UFO?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker
Looks an awful lot like a large boat... a fishing vessel? Barge maybe?

S&F thanks for the upload OP

edit on 8-2-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

In the sky?

I disagree.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well ,, the video is on youtube and uploaded by just another youtube f4g with stupid user name posting a closeup of a ;UFO; (Not), Must be real..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is what Phage was talking about earlier. Same UFO footage just claiming it was from another area. Ever wonder why footage such as this exists where there is no ending...because the true culprit would make it clear as to what it is....most likely ship or rig....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Considering that the only other video that space99dude has loaded up to Youtube is a very obvious fake of the 'sky sounds' with the audio ripped off the 'strange sounds in Kiev' video i would guess this is probably a hoax as well.

edit on 8-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

curious how the debunkers don't even bother saying why a particular video is a hoax they just have to say based on "this" which really has nothing to do with video in question this video is an obvious hoax , heck they don't even watch the vids anymore ...I believe this forum is overrun by blind skeptics and intentional disinformation agents. just my opinion of course...
pretty cool video anyway.
edit on 8-2-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Were was this filmed and in what direction use googlemaps if you can!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

link fixed

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you,figured out now why my Youtube links never work.My guess based on more earthly facts is it's this and is visible from Clacton in Essex....

It was still being built until quite recently after the company that started building it went bust in 2009 when it was taken over by the Danish company DONG energy.The oil rig like lights that were apparantly seen hovering over London were the platforms they used to erect the wind turbines.

www.oilport.net...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Judging from the comments by other members, the video is a hoax.

Even then, you can tell this UFO isn't some kind of alien-built craft.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ok, I get that this was posted before, different time and date, so it's likely a hoax. BUT, can someone please explain how this is a ship? Is it not clearly in the sky? I'm not arguing that its faked or not, I'm just trying to figure out how you guys see a ship on the water. Can someone spell it out for me?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As I've said before several times,it's this........

It isn't a hoax unless the person who recorded the original knew it was this and wanted to become famous by claiming it was a UFO.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If it wasnt for the location i would have said it was this guy having a party

Major Paddy Roy Bates

Quite a few of those forts still parked up out in the estuary.

Could be geological servey/test drilling for the proposed London Airport Island Concept also.
edit on 8-2-2012 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I'm pretty sure this was the video which was discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Recycled videos given varying locations and dates are a good clue of a hoax.

Video removed by user.
Case Book has it with "manyuploaders" signature:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Factory fishing boat or derrick. Someone else could go there an confirm it for us tonight?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join