It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama Invokes NDAA Declaring Threat From Iran A National Emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well at least he is not using it on us yet.

President Obama invokes the NDAA, which authorizes the use of military force, and issues an executive order declaring the “threat” of Iran a National Emergency.

The video below shows this issuance of President Obama executive order which declares Iran’s threat to cut off oil supplies a national emergency.

The executive order directs all government agencies to respond immediately to the threat. It further invokes the authority of the 2012 NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) which gives the President the power to launch military action against any nation without the approval of Congress.

Ironically, the State of Emergency order also accuses the Iranian central bank of deceptive banking practices.

www.youtube.com...

http://(nolink)/2012/02/07/obama-invokes-ndaa-declaring-iran-threat-national-emergency-81681/
edit on Sat Feb 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
SO this doesnt mean we are at War with Iran .Its just more BS sanctions
edit on 8-2-2012 by essanance because: mis typed

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Seems like World War Three is like a dubstep song. You sit there listening to a lot of crap noises and such (politicians and sanctions) just waiting for the drop (war).

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
this video was posted two days ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
post removed by staff

I agree there is no threat from Iran but I believe this is just more proof of a false flag attack, another words the threat is from our own government..

I also agree with your hopes for Ron Paul, he stands for what most of us do

edit on Sat Feb 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
this is extremely worrying, there is going to be no way to stop a war with iran, america just dosen't want to seem like the agressor. Expect some sort of false flag.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I dont even know why this is necessary, arent we still in an emergency from 9/11? Do we really need two emergencies in order to get the message across that they dont like iran? (three emergencies counting the economic crisis)

Boy: wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

Farmer: stay off my land boy!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So this is it then? why would he invoke the act if he wasn't planning on taking action?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

why did it do that? oh well go to glp the link is there, under same story heading

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I dont even know why this is necessary,

could be the FEMA camps are not for ( how do I be Politically Correct here) well let me finish and it will take care of its self.

So maybe the FEMA camps are not unlike the camps used to house Japanese Americans during WWII, There, how did I do. Maybe , maybe ,maybe thats what this is all about.

Now go ahead and tell me how gullible I am

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

Wait.... Youtube?

If Obama declares a National Emergency, I expect the news to come from a source that isn't Youtube.

And, I don't believe anyone "invokes" NDAA? It is the National Defense Authorization Act. It just is. It doesn't need any invocation.

new topics

top topics

join