It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're cooking your significant other a Valentines Dinner.... Whats on the menu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Last year I kinda went all out and it was really really good.

Drinking a Peach Royale
Starter: Poached Shrimp with a lemon/horseradish sauce
Main: seared duck breast with cherries and port sauce
dessert: Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I say to her "Well baby, it's a special day & you're a special woman. You deserve a special meal. No baby it's not McDonalds, much better, it's the king baby, Burger King...dollar menu only please."

She can have whatever she wants off that menu

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
bah im womanless this year, thanks for the reminder =/

Some stir fry and some choccy ice cream for one this time round

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I treat her like a complete princess.

She takes the day off from work. Wakes up to me not been at the side of her, but theres a letter there for her. The letter reads something along very soppy, how much i lvoe her and why we've managed to be together for so long. then the letter goes onto say that theirs breakfast down stairs - she goes down stairs (hpefuly lol) and theres her breakfast, ready for her with a rose and another letter. The letter goes onto say that she needs to take our daughter to my mothers for her to babysit- she does just that, and collects another letter with a present. the present is a dress i bought her & two tickets for a spa treatment, for her and her friend. When she finishes the spa treatment, iv asked the manager to make sure she gets the last letter, which instructs her that she will be getting collected from the spa at 5.45 by my friend (a guy who rents out nice cars- i got him for £70, one trip) and the driver takes her to a certain restaurant, alone (obv) She then goes to the restaurant and im there waiting for her. After the meal, we go to the hotel and i get her absolutely sht faced and have my wicked ways with her because i deserve it for all the excitement i gave her haha!

I actually really enjoy valentines day. Its one day that i think is not drenched in materialism - Its all about love and showing how much you poses of it for each other. The above only cost me £230 for it all. I booked the hotel a few month ago. I find it hard buyign her clothes but i took her out last week and asked what she would want if she had enough cash, she shown me what she like d- i just had to choose one of them

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I think you have the winning answer Sir! Thanks for the honesty and details. It Made me smile.

Sometimes the simplest presents are the best...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bull testicles pie

Charlie Bigham is promoting his cock and bull pie as an alternative to asparagus and oysters and other traditional romantic food. 'Ever since 1996 I've been making my delicious food with all the care that you would if you had the time. After all, there's (almost) no better way to get together than over a delicious, freshly prepared meal,' Mr Bigham said. Charlie Bigham, cock and bull pie, Valentine's Day Charlie Bigham says his cock and bull pie is perfect fare for this Valentine's (Picture: PA) The cooking instructions for the pie encourage people to 'turn off the phone, light those candles [and] slip into something more comfortable'.

Sounds lovely

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

CROW. Sorry maybe some what jaded.Maybe some Revenge and Spite for a sweetly tantlizing dessert.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This Saturday's menu:

Billecarte-Salmon Rose NV Champagne

Appetizer:
Carpaccio with Micro Greens and Fresh Horseradish Dressing

Entree:
Broiled Stuffed Lobster
Buttermilk and Parmesan Potato Souffle
Fresh Sweat Pea Flan with Pine Vines and Carrot/Honey Vinegrette

Dessert:
Ginger Carrot Cake

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well done sir...well done!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Meh, haven't even thought about it yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oysters on the half shell
Ceaser Salad
Sauted Sweet Breads with a simple French Pan Sauce accompanied with balsamic glazed aspargus with garlic.
St. Honors pie with a glass of Kelt XO

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm cooking on Valentines Day?

I'll be dining out.

Interesting dinners in here though, might get some ideas for another day.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi all,

Hubby,s birthday is today (13th). So what we usually do is celebrate birthday and valentines day together. We usually go out to dinner or we grill.
This year I wanted to do something different. So I decided to make him a nice dinner. When I asked him what he would like to have, I was alittle surprised and confused at the same time.

He said he would like me to make a dish that his father used to make. He said it's called (Fleaski). I don't even know if thats the proper way to spell it. (Fleach - kee)????

Now his Dad was Boehemian. I am swedish and I never heard of it. He says it has egg noodles, ham, and sour cream. and is served with peach slices on top.

I have done my google search, yahoo search, checked all the recipe sites that I trust. Can't find a thing. I found Noodle Kugel with peaches, but nothing with ham. Checked with the family. Nothing. His dad passed 16 years ago and took this recipe with him.

I just figured I would dice up some ham and mix it all together, But he's not sure of all the ingredients.

At this point I have told him I can't find the recipe, and I would make it up to him some other way.

So I thought maybe someone here at ATS might be able to shed some light on this mystery recipe. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I Also asked him if he could have dreamed this. He says no. And his sister also remembers this dish. She said he would make it during the Christmas holiday.
I did find a recipe similar but it does not call for sour cream or peaches. The name sounds the same. Fleech-kee

edit on 13-2-2012 by crappiekat because: to add

edit on 13-2-2012 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is my first Valentine's Day with my sweetie so I am sticking to his favorites. I will be serving a standing rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, parmesan green onion popovers and I will have onion gravy, horseradish sauce and lemon aioli on the side for the extras. He enjoys caramels so I have spent the last two days working on making him some homemade dark chocolate covered caramels with sea salt packaged in a candy box for his dessert.

He is my hero. He came to my aid after my life was left in shambles in May (tornado) and has given me so much of his time and heart to help me recover. I hope he appreciates the efforts of the meal even if it turns out less than perfect.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
I will be serving a standing rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, parmesan green onion popovers and I will have onion gravy, horseradish sauce and lemon aioli on the side for the extras.

What time is dinner? I'll bring the wine.

edit on 14-2-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I lost my password and my old email is deactivated so I couldn't retrieve it so i have to get 20 replies before i can start another thread dumb lol

anyways, I actually got beat to the kitchen this year and the girl made me dinner this time. my darling loves marco pierre white, and she made one of his recipes. Roast belly pork with cider cream sauce....sweet jebus is was amazing. twiced baked taters and crack bread to go along with it. pretty great Vday

top topics

join